Note 7 Launch Delay Overseas (Malaysia, Netherlands)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Who posts "I read this" without citing a source in the first place? Edit the title of your thread or delete it.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This feels like a case of Samsung underestimating just how much of a hit the Galaxy Note7 is.

This is both good and bad for Sammy in my eyes.

Good in the sense that they have a heap of potential customers and giving the Note7 a pretty good chance of a pretty big success, but also bad in the sense that they'll struggle with the increasing levels of demand, along with its chief rival, the iPhone 7 (or 6SE) coming pretty soon.

If anything, this seems to have some familiarity with the S6 edge, in the sense that Samsung underestimated the demand on those, and as such, had difficulty keeping up with demand.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This feels like a case of Samsung underestimating just how much of a hit the Galaxy Note7 is.

This is both good and bad for Sammy in my eyes.

Good in the sense that they have a heap of potential customers and giving the Note7 a pretty good chance of a pretty big success, but also bad in the sense that they'll struggle with the increasing levels of demand, along with its chief rival, the iPhone 7 (or 6SE) coming pretty soon.

If anything, this seems to have some familiarity with the S6 edge, in the sense that Samsung underestimated the demand on those, and as such, had difficulty keeping up with demand.

Perhaps, but usually channel load-ins for Samsung are huge and the issues they do run into a few weeks into release are some color and storage size SKU out of stock. This seems more systemic. Just when it seemed Samsung finally got their supply chain act together. That is the one key area they still are second compared to Apple. Meh.

My guess is production for channel load-ins is behind.

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine told got reciept for my deposit Inc next Friday delivery. Recieved call yesterday now delivery first week September. I'm based in THAILAND.
Samsung should give an extra goodie for the delay

Posted via the Android Central App

mango1228

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Seems like south africa too. Originally pre ordering was going to open 15 sep and avail the 1 sep. Now we can only pre order from the 1 sep...

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.