Keeping batteries in good shape?

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the information. Has anybody here had experience with sammy or their carrier replacing a battery in a sealed phone? I cant imagine that process being simple.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the information. Has anybody here had experience with sammy or their carrier replacing a battery in a sealed phone? I cant imagine that process being simple.
It's in the $100 plus range. And you lose your phone for about a week when you mail it in.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you guys should worry much. Our phones have become pretty smart when it comes to charging, so battery lifespan shouldn't degrade as much.

However, I still recommend keeping the battery above a reasonable charge level (like 20%) to maintain cell lifespan and using original OEM chargers. And don't let your phone get too hot.

spinalpap

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Also going from Note 4 to a Note 7. I have the same problem with battery drop-offs from 25 to 35% to 0. Bought a new OEM battery, and still end up with same sort of problems (intermittent...not every time).

Posted via the Android Central App

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Also going from Note 4 to a Note 7. I have the same problem with battery drop-offs from 25 to 35% to 0. Bought a new OEM battery, and still end up with same sort of problems (intermittent...not every time).

Exactly my issue. Anything below 70 percent could potentially shut the phone off. It is almost a guarentee when I open the camera or snapchat though. It will shut the phone off, I will have to take the battery out to turn it back on. Then my battery will either be completely dead or dropped significently. A new OEM battery did not do the trick for me either.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Exactly my issue. Anything below 70 percent could potentially shut the phone off. It is almost a guarentee when I open the camera or snapchat though. It will shut the phone off, I will have to take the battery out to turn it back on. Then my battery will either be completely dead or dropped significently. A new OEM battery did not do the trick for me either.

So odd, my Note 4 doesn't have this issue at all. Have you tried a hard reset?

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
One of my friends has a Note 4 that has this same exact problem. I managed to fix it by wiping the cache partition for her, but I just think that the problem persists because the phone isn't able to handle the amount of tasks we bring upon it - she kept playing pokemon go which ultimately caused for the phone to shut off a few times when the battery percentage was significantly high so, technically, it should not have shut off to begin with. Wiping the cache partition did manage to fix it for the moment, though I don't know for sure if her phone shut off on its own after that. She is preordering the Note 7, though

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
One of my friends has a Note 4 that has this same exact problem. I managed to fix it by wiping the cache partition for her, but I just think that the problem persists because the phone isn't able to handle the amount of tasks we bring upon it - she kept playing pokemon go which ultimately caused for the phone to shut off a few times when the battery percentage was significantly high so, technically, it should not have shut off to begin with. Wiping the cache partition did manage to fix it for the moment, though I don't know for sure if her phone shut off on its own after that. She is preordering the Note 7, though

I did try clearing my cache partition and it was a temporary fix as well. Im not sure exactly whats causing it to act the way it does. But I only have to deal with it for a week more thank goodness😊 im happy to hear its not just my phone, though.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I did try clearing my cache partition and it was a temporary fix as well. Im not sure exactly whats causing it to act the way it does. But I only have to deal with it for a week more thank goodness?????? im happy to hear its not just my phone, though.

Yeah sometimes there's no explanation as to why technology decides to die out, I guess it's just what happens after a few years. Luckily, the new phone will be released soon so you won't have to be dealing with it any longer