Returning my S7Edge...... using a S5 in-between N7

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Couple of issues.

Can I transfer my S7E setup to the S5?

I have a Gear S2.... can that transfer to the S5 without reseting the watch?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Couple of issues.

Can I transfer my S7E setup to the S5?

I have a Gear S2.... can that transfer to the S5 without reseting the watch?

I'm sure that the watch will be reset no matter what you try to do, it simply doesn't like 1 watch multiple devices setup, really a Pain in the **s for people like me with multiple devices, I just gave up and left it just for when I'm using my S7 edge.

About the setup, I really don't know if Smart Switch (Desktop version) will even recognize the S5, and even if it does, what you normally restore from this backups are mostly pictures and audio files, most of the other settings will likely not being compatible being different App versions. You'll need to just try to see what happens. Next time, before you get rid of the phone, install Smart Switch App on the other phone (or sideline it via an APK download), the S7 and Notes will have it pre-installed, and with both phones on your possession it works good enough to save you some precious time in the process.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a Note 4 that is compatible with Smart Switch, (released same year as S5), so I'm sure you'll be fine.

As stated above App Data may be an issue, but files and documents will be fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 4 that is compatible with Smart Switch, (released same year as S5), so I'm sure you'll be fine.

As stated above App Data may be an issue, but files and documents will be fine.

Posted via the Android Central App
Is wireless smart switch as good? How do I install desktop version of smart switch on Note 3?

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
So wireless just as good as desktop version?

I used wireless and it worked fine. And to add to that, I used in on a non Samsung device! A few months ago my wife switched from a Moto X 2014 unlocked to an S6 Edge. I found the Smart Switch apk online and sideloaded it onto the Moto X. It worked perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad