08-13-2016 09:40 PM
49 12
tools
    Your thoughts?

skatergirl likes this.
    08-11-2016 01:33 PM
    And the phone...isn't out yet? I wouldn't know until next week.
    08-11-2016 01:35 PM
    But hopefully this test is sort of accurate.
    08-11-2016 01:36 PM
    And the phone...isn't out yet? I wouldn't know until next week.
    It's not out in the US yet. It's out in a few other countries already.
    08-11-2016 01:37 PM
    So iPhone was quicker in tests. Not exactly great. Hate to imagine what tests are like with iPhone 7
    08-11-2016 01:53 PM
    Why are all those app icons on the crapple phone all the way at the top?? Why not move it down to the bottom??
    08-11-2016 02:13 PM
    I love Samsung but gosh do they really not know how to fix their RAM management issues? Every other company doesn't have an issue with RAM management. (Apple, LG, Nexus phones, HTC, etc.)
    08-11-2016 02:20 PM
    Iphones will always be faster than Android devices, because IOS is simple and doesn't have depth. Android is complex, offers unlimited customizations, more control over your phone and systems and to put it quite plainly, A better system.

Iphone may be faster, but that's really about it.
    Nygiants1991 likes this.
    08-11-2016 02:22 PM
    System Performance Cont'd and NAND Performance - The Apple iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus Review

Scroll half way down the page.

Samsung will always be behind until they are using a better NAND controller. Which is funny since they make some of the fastest SSD's I've ever used.

They just aren't trying when it comes to their phones.

Last year Apple's implementation made it's OS twice as fast (see results from above link) as Samsung.

I am switching to Samsung with the Note 7 but I have a ton of questions for them as a company. They fall short on certain things that they should never fall short on. They design and make their own CPU's and memory. They should equal or beat Apple in all speed tests, real life or synthetic. Instead, they are 50% slower. Absolutely no excuse for this.
    skatergirl likes this.
    08-11-2016 02:38 PM
    Iphones will always be faster than Android devices, because IOS is simple and doesn't have depth. Android is complex, offers unlimited customizations, more control over your phone and systems and to put it quite plainly, A better system.

Iphone may be faster, but that's really about it.

You are wrong. Read my post and check out that link. Samsung is at fault here. Apple is no better, or worse, in the OS department. That is a personal choice thing. Samsung, and all other Android OEM's are using older, inferior, NAND controllers. This is on Samsung, not Android, nor IOS.

Another link: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9662/iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-preliminary-results

It also does benefit Apple to design their own hardware. Some things are OEM designed OTS components but they make them work together in a great way.

If Samsung wanted to pull ahead in real-life and synthetics, they would use their own Exynos and tailor every component to work seamlessly together. I'm not saying this is Qualcomm's fault. Again, this is still on Samsung.

Apple has a very finite amount of devices that all share the same advanced tech.

Samsung has a ton of devices that all share the same reference designs. They talked about focusing on less models a few years ago. I'm seeing that in some areas, especially design and adding back features that consumers wanted, but I'm not seeing this in on a system level. Maybe in the next few years they will dump Qualcomm and focus on their internal hardware. They should at least do this for their flagship devices. Otherwise, if you could run Android on an IPhone, you wouldn't need Samsung. That's a joke... lighten up.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    08-11-2016 02:40 PM
    :-) So in a test of something no one would ever do with their phone, the iPhone is faster. They are both really really fast, this is silly. No one uses their phone like that anyway.

These videos do make for fun debates though, right? There will probably be 1000 responses in this thread defending the Note 7 or not, complaining about RAM. I need some popcorn I think :-)
    08-11-2016 02:45 PM
    You are wrong. Read my post and check out that link. Samsung is at fault here. Apple is no better, or worse, in the OS department. That is a personal choice thing. Samsung, and all other Android OEM's are using older, inferior, NAND controllers. This is on Samsung, not Android, nor IOS.
    I mean, saying I'm wrong isn't actually correct, Because it's more of an opinion. I'm using a Nexus 6P and work provides me with a IPhone 6S Plus. Things tend to run a little smoother, Cleaner and faster. Part of that is Apps developed for IOS are definitely better and anyone who disagrees either hasn't used a recent iOS device or just hates Apple

I don't care for Apples products, but I work with both Samsung, Apple and other Oems on a daily basis and I tend to see more errors, hiccups or slow downs on Android than Apple and it kills me to say that.

Once again, That's really all Apple has on Android.
    08-11-2016 02:46 PM
    Fair enough.

I have owned 3 Android phones (actually still have them all) and 4 iPhones (currently using a 6S Plus.

Android OEM's have cleaned their acts up, to some extent and Apple has rested on its laurels. This is a subjective view of mine.

Android itself has also matured a good bit and iOS has as well but still, we all need a little change from time to time

We all want the best performance because we pay for the best performance.

In this area, Samsung and Apple both could improve.

If this Note slows down for me, I'll find a ROM that supports the S Pen and move on with life. I'm running Cyanogen Temasek on a 2 year old Android phone and even it appears faster than the Note 7 and it's definitely faster than my 6S.
    08-11-2016 02:58 PM
    OP asked for my thoughts, so this are my thoughts.

I never, ever understand this kind of Non-sense unreal Video comparison, not because iPhone seems to always pull ahead, simply because you are not comparing apples to apples when doing this, as simple as seeing that iPhone pulls ahead when opening games will show you just that those games are way more optimized for iOS than for Android. Just do this tests with regular universal apps and you will see that most flagship Androids (not just Samsung) pulls ahead of iOS.

The same happens with benchmarks, impossible to compare apples to apples when you are using a device with 720p resolution 4.7" display vs a Quad HD 5.7" display, if you think that it doesn't matter, think again. Only comparisons I watch are the ones from different Android flagships, and from the same year and comparable specs, but never, cross-platforms comparisons.

The comparisons I'd like to see are:

1-) How they compare opening 2 apps side by side in multi window mode
    2-) How fast and good they are with a stylus
    3-) How fast I can transfer a music, photo or video file from my computer to both of those phones connected to it
    4-) How fast I can create and add a ringtone
    5-) How fast I can locate and access any app from my customized home screen
    6-) How fast I can access my photo app and take a picture by double pressing the home button
    7-) How fast and for how long I can use any app under a torrential rain
    8-) How fast they access widgets in all the screens

The above just to name a few...

So you may think that it's not fair because one of those devices can't do any of that? Exactly...
    treedabl, ctk4949, Connert and 2 others like this.
    08-11-2016 03:04 PM
    So mad
    08-11-2016 03:07 PM
    I'll concede the QHD point. This was in my mind as well but I disagree with the app optimization point. I would love an expert to clarify the NAND controller issue I have mentioned.

I believe this is where Apple pulls ahead in such performance. There is much to be said for their walled garden and tight OS/hardware control.

Did anyone even read the link I provided about Apple's use of PCI-E/NVMe NAND?

It's like comparing a rotating disk to an SSD. We all know which wins in performance there.
    08-11-2016 03:27 PM
    I'll concede the QHD point. This was in my mind as well but I disagree with the app optimization point. I would love an expert to clarify the NAND controller issue I have mentioned.

I believe this is where Apple pulls ahead in such performance. There is much to be said for their walled garden and tight OS/hardware control.

Did anyone even read the link I provided about Apple's use of PCI-E/NVMe NAND?

It's like comparing a rotating disk to an SSD. We all know which wins in performance there.
    I have a couple of mobile apps myself as I'm also a programmer and believe me, it's not the same to code for just 1 OS and 1 or 2 devices than to do it for Kit Kat, Lollipop and Marshmallow APIs and hundreds of different devices from dozens of OEMs and Android skins, without mentioning that a lot of those apps and games are created for iOS and then they just port it to Android, just like an afterthought, if you still think it doesn't matter then good for you.

About the link about the NAND controller, no I haven't because I personally couldn't care less if iPhones open games I'll never play or some apps I use milliseconds faster than any phone I may buy, I buy the phone that does what I need and some more, that amaze me by its technology and features even if by having them makes the phone milliseconds slower than any other boring phone being an iPhone or any other Android like for example the equally boring Pure Vanilla Nexus phones. Much power for those that think otherwise, that's what choices are for.
    08-11-2016 04:04 PM
    :-) So in a test of something no one would ever do with their phone, the iPhone is faster. They are both really really fast, this is silly. No one uses their phone like that anyway.

These videos do make for fun debates though, right? There will probably be 1000 responses in this thread defending the Note 7 or not, complaining about RAM. I need some popcorn I think :-)
    Hahaha I agree. However, the only thing that I don't like is that those non-intensive apps should have been held in the RAM. I'm forgiving with not keeping games open in the background after other games are open, but the other apps not being open is problematic for me. The only reason I think it's a problem is because similarly specced phones don't really have that issue. Well...OnePlus fixed their issue. Hopefully the Note 7 doesn't have the same ram management issue that the S6 had.
    08-11-2016 04:13 PM
    Hahaha I agree. However, the only thing that I don't like is that those non-intensive apps should have been held in the RAM. I'm forgiving with not keeping games open in the background after other games are open, but the other apps not being open is problematic for me. The only reason I think it's a problem is because similarly specced phones don't really have that issue. Well...OnePlus fixed their issue. Hopefully the Note 7 doesn't have the same ram management issue that the S6 had.
    That happened also when the S7 was released and it was tweaked and fixed for the most part with an update not long after it was released.

The Note 7 hasn't even been released yet, the ones that some people are using may easily be running an unreleased version with bugs and issues and even if it's the final official release version, all those things can be fixed with an update
    MarqBland likes this.
    08-11-2016 04:30 PM
    I guessed no one realized that the iPhone 6S isn't as graphics intensive with a 720p screen as the Note 7/ S7 is with a qhd display, makes a big difference in load times.
    MarqBland likes this.
    08-11-2016 05:31 PM
    I can see my time on this forum will be limited. If you don't have experience with multiple OS's and hardware, then your opinion is myopic and heavily biased.

By not reading the link I provided, it means you have contempt for facts.

Yes, I understand this is "Android" central but come on. To be so entrenched in an OS/side as to not evaluate objective points... that's just. Well, I guess I can't say what it is as I'm sure I'll have my post deleted by a mod.

I have spent years with Window, OSX and even dabbled in Linux my fair share.

I have spent a ton of time with Android and iOS. I cannot comment on any Microsoft phones.

My point is this, read because you want to learn something. If you think, that by reading an iPhone review, your world view will be crushed and TEOTWAWKI will rain down on you, I feel truly sorry for you.

One OS cannot exist without the other. They are what we have now. To have a discontent for one means you take life far too seriously.

Fanboy-ism, as the kids call it... kool aid flows both ways.
    08-11-2016 09:32 PM
    I can see my time on this forum will be limited. If you don't have experience with multiple OS's and hardware, then your opinion is myopic and heavily biased.

By not reading the link I provided, it means you have contempt for facts.

Yes, I understand this is "Android" central but come on. To be so entrenched in an OS/side as to not evaluate objective points... that's just. Well, I guess I can't say what it is as I'm sure I'll have my post deleted by a mod.

I have spent years with Window, OSX and even dabbled in Linux my fair share.

I have spent a ton of time with Android and iOS. I cannot comment on any Microsoft phones.

My point is this, read because you want to learn something. If you think, that by reading an iPhone review, your world view will be crushed and TEOTWAWKI will rain down on you, I feel truly sorry for you.

One OS cannot exist without the other. They are what we have now. To have a discontent for one means you take life far too seriously.

Fanboy-ism, as the kids call it... kool aid flows both ways.
    Jumping to conclusions without having all the information is as bad as everything you mentioned there. Hey dude, I change my phones at least every other month, I've had 3 iPhones in that mix, so I don't need to learn anything by going to a link or read elsewhere what I already know, you insist us in read something to try to get mad at Samsung for not adding more great specs and hardware to the already exceptional but expensive ones they already have.

Again, I couldn't care less if my choice of phone is milliseconds slower than other phones, the phones I want and buy MUST have everything I need and it must wow me and keep me interested and wanting to use it, not to just get tired and bored of it in days, like the last almighty iPhone I mistakenly bought, I sold it less than a week later and went back to a Sony Xperia Z3, and couldn't been happier at that time. The other phone I've sold as fast as the iPhone, was the Nexus 6 I got last year, as boring as the iPhone, never go back to Pure Vanilla again. You want to know something else, my next phone won't be the Note 7, my next phone will be a ZTE Axon 7 that should arrive next week, I'm keeping my S7 edge and then when the Note 7 gets a good price reduction I'll get one. Yes I'm a fan, of great phones, not brands, and the Note 7, will simply be the GREAT phone of 2016.

If what you want is us to back you up on this, you may find one or two here that will gladly do it, but most of users here are just like me, we know what we want and don't think that no matter what Samsung may have left out of this great phone, will have any impact on the great experience that every Note user always get with their phones. If it's not what you were expecting then sorry but the doors are always open, just don't let them hit you on your way out...
    SteelGator likes this.
    08-11-2016 09:53 PM
    ^ I applaud you for this post.

Bravo

Posted via the Android Central App
    PlaybookFanatic and erasat like this.
    08-11-2016 10:24 PM
    Your thoughts?

Note 7 got absolutely destroyed by a year old phone. Embarrassing.
    08-11-2016 10:25 PM
    Note 7 got absolutely destroyed by a year old phone. Embarrassing.
    Not really. Note 7 is feature packed. The iPhone is...well, a very simple product by comparison .

Posted via the Android Central App
    Nygiants1991 likes this.
    08-11-2016 10:39 PM
49 12