Anyone from rogers done the pre-order?

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I put in my pre order for my note 7 today but getting a lot of run around from both rogers and samsung on how to redeem my free gear fit 2 watch. Samsung Canada promotion page does not have a section to put in for it.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I got the runaround from Rogers as well, so I did my preorder at Costco instead. I got the free VR when I got my S7 Edge, so they will look after me. The offer is from Samsung Canada, so they should be aware of this.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Well Samsung or Rogers won't hear the end of me until I get my gear fit 2 lol

Being told by Samsung and Rogers that I can't put in to recieve my gift until I receive the phone and it's the same across Canada. It better be, what would the point of pre ordering be if you have to wait for the phone to even begin the process for the free gift? Where does it put me in line ahead of someone who ordered the phone after me?

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I agree with you. Defeats the whole purpose of doing a preorder. I think Rogers is more focused on getting enough Note 7's on the 19th due to the high demand. I'm pretty sure that's why they switched to the Snapdragon version and decided not to carry the Exynos version. At this point all I care about is getting the Note 7 on the 19th. You will get your free gift. For those who didn't do a preorder and just walk in to buy the phone won't get the promotion.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
It's very clear, with Roger's you get the 64Gb SD card, either Gear Fit 2 or Level pro speaker and can get $200 on a trade in. On the 19th Samsung will launch their promo website where you go and put in your info and choose which you want. They will likely ask you to enter the IMEI # and a bill of sale, hard to make a claim without having actually bought the phone yet, I think in the US ppl when pre-ordering can pay in advance at certain carriers but we can't with Roger's just the $40 refundable deposit.

This is how it's setup for the US as well unless ppl ordered from Best Buy. There's nothing fishy or abnormal I would just make sure to do the claim ASAP once you get your Note 7 in case they run out of the promos.

I was hoping Costco would have good pre order deal but they are only doing Gear Fit 2 or Level Pro that's it according to the dude at the Markham Costco so no SD card or trade in.

I'm 87 on the list for Onyx Black, I can't wait!

Last edited:

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The only reason why I'm going with Costco is because they have the best Insurance Plan. I've sent back so many refurbished phones that Rogers sent me with scratches and dents on the phone, phones not working properly etc. Costco sends you a brand new retail unit and the deductible is much lower. I made a claim recently with Costco and it went very smooth with no issues. I'm more excited about getting the Note 7 on Friday than the free gift. Lol

I don't see any other Canadian carriers posting on here. Are we in the wrong section or are we not wanted? :(

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Am I still able to purchase insurance through Costco even if I didn't get the phone through them? I'm not interested in dealing with Rogers refurb models either. I see that Costco advertises the extended phone warranty and all that on a separate page.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Am I still able to purchase insurance through Costco even if I didn't get the phone through them? I'm not interested in dealing with Rogers refurb models either. I see that Costco advertises the extended phone warranty and all that on a separate page.

No, you have to buy the phone from Costco in order to purchase their Insurance Plan. I think Costco is still accepting preorders. I would call them and ask if you still can.
Yes, the Rogers refurbished phones are not only bad, but the deductible for the Note 7 is $200. The deductible from Costco is $50 and like I said, you get a brand new retail unit.
Let me know what happens.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
No, you have to buy the phone from Costco in order to purchase their Insurance Plan. I think Costco is still accepting preorders. I would call them and ask if you still can.
Yes, the Rogers refurbished phones are not only bad, but the deductible for the Note 7 is $200. The deductible from Costco is $50 and like I said, you get a brand new retail unit.
On top of Rogers I also pre ordered from Costco Lol since the dude had said they always have a better deal than Rogers sadly they don't so since I'm sticking with Rogers I think it may make more sense to go with them if I can get the trade in from them is not then Costco is best. Guy at Costco did say that they had the protection plan on sale from $129 down to I think $79 if that's the case that's a great deal.

Only thing to look into is if I buy from Costco will I get wifi calling when it's available through Rogers or is that not considered buying from Rogers?

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
It's very clear, with Roger's you get the 64Gb SD card, either Gear Fit 2 or Level pro speaker and can get $200 on a trade in. On the 19th Samsung will launch their promo website where you go and put in your info and choose which you want. They will likely ask you to enter the IMEI # and a bill of sale, hard to make a claim without having actually bought the phone yet, I think in the US ppl when pre-ordering can pay in advance at certain carriers but we can't with Roger's just the $40 refundable deposit.

This is how it's setup for the US as well unless ppl ordered from Best Buy. There's nothing fishy or abnormal I would just make sure to do the claim ASAP once you get your Note 7 in case they run out of the promos.

I was hoping Costco would have good pre order deal but they are only doing Gear Fit 2 or Level Pro that's it according to the dude at the Markham Costco so no SD card or trade in.

I'm 87 on the list for Onyx Black, I can't wait!
87!?! Damn lol

I'm 651

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Samsung also offers a 2 year protection plan directly through them, I will be shopping around for my options as I'm not interested in beat up refurb units incase something does happen

Phone will be going straight into a uag case to begin with unless I find something better to show off the phones looks and protect it well

mhw100

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Samsung also offers a 2 year protection plan directly through them, I will be shopping around for my options as I'm not interested in beat up refurb units incase something does happen

Phone will be going straight into a uag case to begin with unless I find something better to show off the phones looks and protect it well
The Samsung warranty in Canada is merely for defects not accidents or theft.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I have used the Rogers warranty a few times before and received new units, these were Blackberrys though but still were not refurbished however when spending $200 to get the new unit that's a lot. Though I did not get hassled at all I filled out an online form, they shipped replacement unit and I shipped defect back. I would expect/hope Costco to be as good if not better plus cheaper.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Hey! Guys ..Do you know if the SamNote7 and iPhone7 are available
already in TELUS & Rogers,.My Gal is waiting for-1 of these devices-HeHe!

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
On top of Rogers I also pre ordered from Costco Lol since the dude had said they always have a better deal than Rogers sadly they don't so since I'm sticking with Rogers I think it may make more sense to go with them if I can get the trade in from them is not then Costco is best. Guy at Costco did say that they had the protection plan on sale from $129 down to I think $79 if that's the case that's a great deal.

Only thing to look into is if I buy from Costco will I get wifi calling when it's available through Rogers or is that not considered buying from Rogers?

Are you doing a new activation or HUP? If so, than the Insurance Plan from Costco is either 50% off or it's $79. I got 50% off when I did an upgrade for the S7 Edge.
It's totally up to you. You need to ask yourself which is more important to you.
1. Get the best deal from Rogers and deal with their refurbs? * They may have gotten better with their device protection plan. I had it a few years ago and wasn't happy. They got a lot of complaints so they may have improved it.
2. Get the best Insurance Plan. Meaning you will get a brand new retail unit. If they don't have your phone in stock they will send you a refund. MSRP of the phone.

You would still get WiFi calling. As long as it's a Rogers phone and not a 3rd party phone.
I hope this helps.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

That only covers manufacturers defects not accidental damage.
For me personally, I rather have the piece of mind that my phone is covered under insurance in case of an accident. After all, the phone does cost over $1000 and I would want a brand new replacement should anything happens to it. Keep in mind, Costco does not cover lost or stolen.
The Rogers Protection Plan covers both accidental damage and lost or stolen, but the deductible is higher and you will get a refurb if the device was purchased over 30 days.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I have used the Rogers warranty a few times before and received new units, these were Blackberrys though but still were not refurbished however when spending $200 to get the new unit that's a lot. Though I did not get hassled at all I filled out an online form, they shipped replacement unit and I shipped defect back. I would expect/hope Costco to be as good if not better plus cheaper.

Most likely they didn't have any refurbished Blackberrys and they sent you a new one. The more higher selling brands like Samsung, they have tons of refurbs.
Yes, from my experience so far with Costco, much better service and it is cheaper. But like I said in my above post, Costco doesn't cover lost or stolen, whereas Rogers does. That's probably why it costs more because it's the type of package that Rogers chooses from the Insurance company.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Most likely they didn't have any refurbished Blackberrys and they sent you a new one. The more higher selling brands like Samsung, they have tons of refurbs.
Yes, from my experience so far with Costco, much better service and it is cheaper. But like I said in my above post, Costco doesn't cover lost or stolen, whereas Rogers does. That's probably why it costs more because it's the type of package that Rogers chooses from the Insurance company.

Right, few different options. And I would have to make sure that the Note 7 from Costco is indeed a Rogers phone as it would be disappointing to miss out on wifi calling. I should just find a used Note 5 or S7E from Rogers lol

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Right, few different options. And I would have to make sure that the Note 7 from Costco is indeed a Rogers phone as it would be disappointing to miss out on wifi calling. I should just find a used Note 5 or S7E from Rogers lol

Costco only sells Rogers/Fido and Bell/Virgin Mobile phones at their kiosk. So you will definitely get a Rogers device. As for the Note 7's online, it says it's sold unlocked but once you put a Rogers Sim card in it, it will lock to Rogers and start downloading the Rogers bloatware.

Lol. Totally up to you. Now is a time to find some great deals on a used Note 5 or S7 Edge. There's quite a few on RFD. Me personally, I can't wait to get my Note 7! :)