Anyone from rogers done the pre-order?

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Well a bit pissed about Costco

Talked to them yesterday on the phone about the promo and told me to call Rogers to make sure they can honour my retention plan etc. Call them this morning about it, all is well, so I call up Costco just to confirm with them before I head over and they say the deal is over, ended yesterday!

Woulda been nice to tell me that last night on the damn phone! Guess I'll just have to be extra careful... No way I'm laying out $12 a month with a $200 deductable from Rogers... What a joke

Why the hell doesn't Samsung offer this protection service in Canada?!u.s gets it but not us

Bad start coming from Apple...

miketko

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Just called the rogers location from where man pre order is being shipped and they haven't even even recivednany shipments yet.
I've pre ordered many devices and this is the first time they haven't called me the day before to confirm. This is also the closets to #1 I've been. I'm 10 in the que for onxy black.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Well a bit pissed about Costco

Talked to them yesterday on the phone about the promo and told me to call Rogers to make sure they can honour my retention plan etc. Call them this morning about it, all is well, so I call up Costco just to confirm with them before I head over and they say the deal is over, ended yesterday!

Woulda been nice to tell me that last night on the damn phone! Guess I'll just have to be extra careful... No way I'm laying out $12 a month with a $200 deductable from Rogers... What a joke

Why the hell doesn't Samsung offer this protection service in Canada?!u.s gets it but not us

Bad start coming from Apple...

That's too bad the promo deal with Costco ended yesterday. Like I suggested to others, you should buy the device protection from Rogers. You can cancel it after a month or so. You're spending a lot of money for the phone. If something happens to your phone within a month, you are covered. Even with the deductible, it's still a lot cheaper than getting it repaired or if for some reason it gets it lost or stolen. Also if something happens to your phone within 30 days, you will get a brand new replacement.
I hope this helps.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I might do that for the first month or two... But it will be going in a uag case and a screen protector as well
Where are you located? I had pre ordered a Black from Costco Markham that I won't pickup..... They haven't called me to tell me it's there but perhaps they will tomorrow.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm assuming you're going with the Rogers deal instead?
Yeah, I'm trying to buy a used BlackBerry Z10 for $50 so I can get the trade in of $200 (net is $150 but better than $0)

That or Best buy has the S7E for $0 this weekend +128gb card making it very tempting over the Note.

If Costco also had the trade in on top of the pre order gift I would buy from them.

I got the shipping notice last night from Roger's so that's good, no word about the Costco pre order yet but if he calls I will ask him if any other promo applys.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I'm trying to buy a used BlackBerry Z10 for $50 so I can get the trade in of $200 (net is $150 but better than $0)

That or Best buy has the S7E for $0 this weekend +128gb card making it very tempting over the Note.

If Costco also had the trade in on top of the pre order gift I would buy from them.

I got the shipping notice last night from Roger's so that's good, no word about the Costco pre order yet but if he calls I will ask him if any other promo applys.

If you can get $200 for the Z10 for the trade in than that's a great deal!
I was suppose to get the Note 7 today from Costco but was told I have to pay an early upgrade fee. I had spoken to Rogers CS three times in the last month and neither of the reps I spoke with said anything about an early upgrade fee. I am so angry right now. I'll call Rogers yet again and file a complaint because this is BS. If they don't do anything about it then I'm going to buy the International version because I prefer the Exynos version. If I'm forced to buy it in full price I may as well get the version I want.

Anyways, let me know what you end up getting.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
If you can get $200 for the Z10 for the trade in than that's a great deal!
I was suppose to get the Note 7 today from Costco but was told I have to pay an early upgrade fee. I had spoken to Rogers CS three times in the last month and neither of the reps I spoke with said anything about an early upgrade fee. I am so angry right now. I'll call Rogers yet again and file a complaint because this is BS. If they don't do anything about it then I'm going to buy the International version because I prefer the Exynos version. If I'm forced to buy it in full price I may as well get the version I want.

Anyways, let me know what you end up getting.

Yeah, Hardware Upgrade sucks but they do make it pretty clear how it works and you can check the balance online through MyRogers. I have been patiently waiting for mine to go down to a comfortable level where I feel ok paying it. But I mean, if you buy a $1060 phone for $560 they add the $500 difference on the hardware balance so you have to make sure you either stick with the existing phone for 2 years or pay it off.

For my my company pays my bill so I'm fine with whatever contract I need to get the device as cheap as possible because they don't pay for the phones.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Wish I could share the same news... Walked into my Rogers store I set it to be delivered too

They have note 7's in stock, but none are pre orders, just regular stock. They say if I want it today I can cancel my pre order and get it but lose getting the watch

How stupid is that? If someone like me takes the time to put in for a pre order, why can someone else who put in no pre order just walk in and get one before me as I'm standing in the store? Why should I have to give up my free gift?

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Just for an extra kick in the nuts, my store called me and said my phone came in. Race down there to grab it, systems are down... There system and the Rogers main system, couldn't release the phone to me... You kidding me?!

Left the store empty handed.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, Hardware Upgrade sucks but they do make it pretty clear how it works and you can check the balance online through MyRogers. I have been patiently waiting for mine to go down to a comfortable level where I feel ok paying it. But I mean, if you buy a $1060 phone for $560 they add the $500 difference on the hardware balance so you have to make sure you either stick with the existing phone for 2 years or pay it off.

For my my company pays my bill so I'm fine with whatever contract I need to get the device as cheap as possible because they don't pay for the phones.

I'm aware of the balance owing on my account. I already paid for it, but Costco didn't see the credit on my account. I called Rogers and everything is fine at my end. So, I should be getting my phone tomorrow if all goes well.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Just for an extra kick in the nuts, my store called me and said my phone came in. Race down there to grab it, systems are down... There system and the Rogers main system, couldn't release the phone to me... You kidding me?!

Left the store empty handed.
Same here I went at 5:15 and store couldn't process, they have my phone though, they told me to call back, I'm thinking I'm their customer why aren't they calling me when the system is back on? I was in there 10min and they had to refuse like 4 people because of the system (not all there for the Note of course) so I bet at 10am it will be busy :(

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Same here I went at 5:15 and store couldn't process, they have my phone though, they told me to call back, I'm thinking I'm their customer why aren't they calling me when the system is back on? I was in there 10min and they had to refuse like 4 people because of the system (not all there for the Note of course) so I bet at 10am it will be busy :(

My store just called me back and said systems back up

Even offered to deliver it to my house for me tonight because of the inconvenience lol

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
My store just called me back and said systems back up

Even offered to deliver it to my house for me tonight because of the inconvenience lol
Lucky you, I got a "here's my card call us back" so I called at 8:45pm EST and was still down. Brutal customer service, like how many pre orders did the store get they could have called to let people know.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Rogers has the worse system. Their system always goes down when it's busy.
So, did you get your phone delivered?

It's in my possession now, don't have time to get it all set up tonight before work so not even turning it on until I can do it all lol

Looks beautiful though

Question? Do we not get to choose what colour gear fit we get? I filled out the forms for it but nowhere on it does it ask me about colour choice, just what size

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It's in my possession now, don't have time to get it all set up tonight before work so not even turning it on until I can do it all lol

Looks beautiful though

Question? Do we not get to choose what colour gear fit we get? I filled out the forms for it but nowhere on it does it ask me about colour choice, just what size

That's great! You got the black onyx right? I would at least turned it on to make sure it works. Lol. Hopefully all goes well and I'll be getting mine today.

I'm not picking the watch so I'm not sure. But I would think there's an option to pick the size and colour. Unless it's one size fits all. I'm picking the speakers.