08-15-2016 07:32 PM
73 123
tools
    AT&T boxes are the worst. They take away from the premium feel that Samsung has tried so hard to exude for a few years now. You would think by now Samsung has enough pull to be able to talk att into using their choice of boxes. If Apple can do it why can't Samsung.
    I completely agree with you. I am not going to be running around showing people my ATT box and that I am an ATT subscriber so there is no reason that i shouldn't have the original device manufacturer packaging. I get that people don't care about the box, but if you purchased a latte from Starbucks and got it in a 7/11 cup it would ruin the overall experience that Starbucks has created. I also did not receive headphones with My ATT note 3 & 4 in the ATT box and was pissed. ATT has the highest price for these phones of any carrier, and we should get the same packaging and headphones for the extra cost. They are cutting corners and saving money on packaging but not passing it in to the consumer. There boxes are crappy. It also looks nicer when selling a year later if you have the Samsung box.

Posted via the Android Central App
    mona5804 and LegalAmerican like this.
    08-13-2016 03:38 PM
    This is a thread about the AT&T Note? Because if yes, those items ARE straight from the tin.
    Yes, only you can't tell in that picture if the phone side is micro, or C - because it's facing the wrong way. So you are saying AT&T is going to give you a Micro USB OTG adapter for your USB-C phone, while T Mobile is giving the correct USB-C OTG adapter? Not buying it.
    08-13-2016 03:49 PM
    Yes, only you can't tell in that picture if the phone side is micro, or C - because it's facing the wrong way. So you are saying AT&T is going to give you a Micro USB OTG adapter for your USB-C phone, while T Mobile is giving the correct USB-C OTG adapter? Not buying it.
    I can tell because I took that picture after removing the items from said tin. But whatever Bruh. You are correct. You are the Super Bowl champion.
    08-13-2016 06:40 PM
    I can tell because I took that picture after removing the items from said tin. But whatever Bruh. You are correct. You are the Super Bowl champion.
    Then turn it around, "Bruh". And show the Note 7 box with it. AT&T customers will have it soon enough. If AT&T swapped out the Note 7 USB-C OTG adapter that T Mobile is giving, for one designed for a S7E instead, that will just be bizarre.
    08-13-2016 06:44 PM
    Then turn it around, "Bruh". And show the Note 7 box with it. AT&T customers will have it soon enough. If AT&T swapped out the Note 7 USB-C OTG adapter that T Mobile is giving, for one designed for a S7E instead, that will just be bizarre.
    "No."
    08-13-2016 07:48 PM
    Hi. Meet Puppah: http://forums.mobilenations.com/rule...uidelines.html

Please get to know Puppah before your next post.

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    08-13-2016 09:36 PM
    Hi. Meet Puppah: http://forums.mobilenations.com/rule...uidelines.html

Please get to know Puppah before your next post.

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    08-13-2016 09:36 PM
    Sorry, did you mean to say the AT&T version won't have carrier bloatware or carrier branding? If so, where did you hear this?
    AT&T will definitely have bloat. If you run by the ATT store look at how many preinstalled bloat apps there are you will be amazed. I counted 20 apps when i went on Wednesday including the yellow pages app (WTF!)

akin_t likes this.
    08-13-2016 11:40 PM
    AT&T will definitely have bloat. If you run by the ATT store look at how many preinstalled bloat apps there are you will be amazed. I counted 20 apps when i went on Wednesday including the yellow pages app (WTF!)

Yeah certainly getting an international exynos version.

I simply can't deal with these American carriers anymore. They always feel the need to make their mark where they're not wanted.
    08-13-2016 11:55 PM
    Yeah certainly getting an international exynos version.

I simply can't deal with these American carriers anymore. They always feel the need to make their mark where they're not wanted.
    You can disable all bloat, no root required, using Package Disabler Pro app.
    08-14-2016 12:40 AM
    You can disable all bloat, no root required, using Package Disabler Pro app.
    But would that uninstall the bloat? Would I still see it in the app drawer?
    08-14-2016 01:00 AM
    But would that uninstall the bloat? Would I still see it in the app drawer?
    It won't uninstall it but disable it. No it won't be in the app drawer.

Works on Samsung only phones. I have been using it on my Note 5 for almost a year.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-14-2016 01:36 AM
    The point is there is no good reason other than that's what AT&T wants and that's what they get. Samsung delivers the devices to AT&T in their box of choice. Maybe (and for the love) you'll get a fancy Samsung box you can put in a drawer or the closet and forget about it. It's a freaking box!
    Yes it is a freaking box. A box that AT&T has no business messing with. I'm the type of consumer that doesn't see a purpose in carriers overstepping their bounds. They have NO reason to mess with that, and I enjoy unboxing my $850 item from packaging that looks good. I don't care if you don't feel the same way. Go ahead and continue making excuses for a billion dollar company like you work for them. They'll never thank you for it, but go ahead if it makes you feel better. I for one think they need to provide the service, take my money, and leave their hands off everything else.

bhatech likes this.
    08-14-2016 12:07 PM
    I completely agree with you. I am not going to be running around showing people my ATT box and that I am an ATT subscriber so there is no reason that i shouldn't have the original device manufacturer packaging. I get that people don't care about the box, but if you purchased a latte from Starbucks and got it in a 7/11 cup it would ruin the overall experience that Starbucks has created. I also did not receive headphones with My ATT note 3 & 4 in the ATT box and was pissed. ATT has the highest price for these phones of any carrier, and we should get the same packaging and headphones for the extra cost. They are cutting corners and saving money on packaging but not passing it in to the consumer. There boxes are crappy. It also looks nicer when selling a year later if you have the Samsung box.

THANK YOU! I am a huge fan of marketing, logo design, etc... If I'm buying a product, I want the whole experience. And to me, opening up the box the way the Samsung design team has intended, is all part of the experience. I understand if some others don't care, but if I'm buying into a product for almost $1000, I should be able to be a little particular.

08-14-2016 12:11 PM
    Yes it is a freaking box. A box that AT&T has no business messing with. I'm the type of consumer that doesn't see a purpose in carriers overstepping their bounds. They have NO reason to mess with that, and I enjoy unboxing my $850 item from packaging that looks good. I don't care if you don't feel the same way. Go ahead and continue making excuses for a billion dollar company like you work for them. They'll never thank you for it, but go ahead if it makes you feel better. I for one think they need to provide the service, take my money, and leave their hands off everything else.

Some people or most people just don't get design, asthetics, whole unboxing experience, just the principle of not messing and putting crap on a device they don't make. Unfortunate but it's what it is and that's the reason I buy unbranded phones if it's an option. Hate Samsung doesn't release unbranded version at launch in US.

Love how Apple treats these useless carriers and the carriers have no control. It must be infuriating for the carriers which is great.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    08-14-2016 12:25 PM
    Some people or most people just don't get design, asthetics, whole unboxing experience, just the principle of not messing and putting crap on a device they don't make. Unfortunate but it's what it is and that's the reason I buy unbranded phones if it's an option. Hate Samsung doesn't release unbranded version at launch in US.

Love how Apple treats these useless carriers and the carriers have no control. It must be infuriating for the carriers which is great.
    Agreed. Obviously the device inside is way more important to me than the dumb box, but first impressions mean something to me, and the excitement of buying a new device includes the unboxing. I like when the packaging is nice and well done. Also, I keep my boxes. I even still have the hideous AT&T box from my Note 4 two years ago.

bhatech likes this.
    08-14-2016 01:31 PM
    I was with Sprint for the N4 so I also still have my beautiful wood grain look box. I'm appalled at the N5 beat up orange and white ATT box. Just dreadful!

At&t Note5
    08-14-2016 03:02 PM
    I double checked, it is USB-C OTG. I was wrong.

mpazevedo likes this.
    08-15-2016 09:17 AM
    I double checked, it is USB-C OTG. I was wrong.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...ef26874fe5.jpg
    OK. That's good. I was getting ready to come back and apologize to you if AT&T actually did something that dumb. Thanks for the update.
    08-15-2016 09:21 AM
    my wife's s6 edge and s7 edge all came in the wonderful samsung packaging... they have done the note injustice since the note 1, came in the stupid at&t box... hell the phone already has the branding on it, just leave it be, and put all your stupid paperwork in it, like everyone else does.. or make it electronic.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    08-15-2016 03:32 PM
    The AT&T site states they come with headphones, a sim tool, charger and the micro to C adaptor. I assume it's correct.
    08-15-2016 05:32 PM
    Highly doubt...how was the s7 packaging on AT&T? I thought it was Samsung packaging not the crappy att box.
    My S7 Edge came in the Samsung box.
    08-15-2016 07:27 PM
    I've been with att before the Palm Treo, always got my phone in Samsung boxes, with charger cord, ear phones.

Posted from Android Central.
    on Samsung Galaxy s5
    08-15-2016 07:32 PM
73 123