Why AT&T?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They do this because they always have. It's their marketing strategy. I doubt any US carriers will have the headphones - I think the last headphones Verizon had was from the HTC M7.
Samsung puts them in the package. I got them last year with my Note 5 but I bought mine at T-Mobile.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why AT&T?

Damn, looks like I'm buying international or settling for an unlocked s7.

I seriously don't get why America is the only place with this issue.
You can disable any and all bloat, using the app Package Disabler Pro, it doesn't require root. It is only for Samsung devices. People on a carriers used it on the Note 5.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not for nothing but I don't give a rat's *** how the freaking box looks ....... but then again thats just little ole moi !?!?! To each their own !?

I'll take the phone out and admire it for a minute or so before powering it up then .......... chuck the box into the recyclable bin outside !?
I keep all my packaging because I resell many of my phones.

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

Not correct. It is USB-C
It is shown clearly in this unboxing video -
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wvy9r09sETU
There are 2. There is an OTG, the one that came with the S7 and S7 Edge and there is a Micro USB 2.0 to USB-C adapter. It is shown clearly in real life.

6f39bd7df546590d25d68a4892a9773a.jpg

Attachments

• 1471110396346.jpg
    1471110396346.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 51

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I almost understand the keeping the box for resale, but every single one... 100%, all in total, etc of the at&t model note 7s come in the same butt ugly box. Personally, If I saw someone trying to sell a at&t device in a non- at&t box, I would run, because clearly it's a scam... all, each one, 100% of all of them are in the at&t box.

There is no "original " Samsung box. Every carrier has customers boxes and customer manuals. Maybe they look more like the others, but no where is it stated that 1 customers box is more official than any other. (Time to de-bunch the panties on this subject)

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
because north american carriers suck.... they just can't let the OEMs sell the device the way it was originally designed. Bloatware, tramp-stamps, various carrier mandated restrictions and omissions...etc. Packaging included.

mona5804

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
AT&T boxes are the worst. They take away from the premium feel that Samsung has tried so hard to exude for a few years now. You would think by now Samsung has enough pull to be able to talk att into using their choice of boxes. If Apple can do it why can't Samsung.

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

I know, but the OTG that comes with Note 7 is USB-C (clearly stated and shown in the unboxing video I linked) - you said the OTG was Micro USB.
This is a thread about the AT&T Note? Because if yes, those items ARE straight from the tin.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
AT&T boxes are the worst. They take away from the premium feel that Samsung has tried so hard to exude for a few years now. You would think by now Samsung has enough pull to be able to talk att into using their choice of boxes. If Apple can do it why can't Samsung.

I completely agree with you. I am not going to be running around showing people my ATT box and that I am an ATT subscriber so there is no reason that i shouldn't have the original device manufacturer packaging. I get that people don't care about the box, but if you purchased a latte from Starbucks and got it in a 7/11 cup it would ruin the overall experience that Starbucks has created. I also did not receive headphones with My ATT note 3 & 4 in the ATT box and was pissed. ATT has the highest price for these phones of any carrier, and we should get the same packaging and headphones for the extra cost. They are cutting corners and saving money on packaging but not passing it in to the consumer. There boxes are crappy. It also looks nicer when selling a year later if you have the Samsung box.

Posted via the Android Central App

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
This is a thread about the AT&T Note? Because if yes, those items ARE straight from the tin.

Yes, only you can't tell in that picture if the phone side is micro, or C - because it's facing the wrong way. So you are saying AT&T is going to give you a Micro USB OTG adapter for your USB-C phone, while T Mobile is giving the correct USB-C OTG adapter? Not buying it.

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Yes, only you can't tell in that picture if the phone side is micro, or C - because it's facing the wrong way. So you are saying AT&T is going to give you a Micro USB OTG adapter for your USB-C phone, while T Mobile is giving the correct USB-C OTG adapter? Not buying it.
I can tell because I took that picture after removing the items from said tin. But whatever Bruh. You are correct. You are the Super Bowl champion.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I can tell because I took that picture after removing the items from said tin. But whatever Bruh. You are correct. You are the Super Bowl champion.

Then turn it around, "Bruh". And show the Note 7 box with it. AT&T customers will have it soon enough. If AT&T swapped out the Note 7 USB-C OTG adapter that T Mobile is giving, for one designed for a S7E instead, that will just be bizarre.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, did you mean to say the AT&T version won't have carrier bloatware or carrier branding? If so, where did you hear this?

AT&T will definitely have bloat. If you run by the ATT store look at how many preinstalled bloat apps there are you will be amazed. I counted 20 apps when i went on Wednesday including the yellow pages app (WTF!)

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
AT&T will definitely have bloat. If you run by the ATT store look at how many preinstalled bloat apps there are you will be amazed. I counted 20 apps when i went on Wednesday including the yellow pages app (WTF!)

Yeah certainly getting an international exynos version.

I simply can't deal with these American carriers anymore. They always feel the need to make their mark where they're not wanted.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah certainly getting an international exynos version.

I simply can't deal with these American carriers anymore. They always feel the need to make their mark where they're not wanted.
You can disable all bloat, no root required, using Package Disabler Pro app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21