08-15-2016 07:32 PM
73 123
tools
    Just saw a Note 7 box for AT&T and they are still using their own blue generic packaging and not the Samsung packaging. Why do they do this with the note?
    08-12-2016 07:24 AM
    Just saw a Note 7 box for AT&T and they are still using their own blue generic packaging and not the Samsung packaging. Why do they do this with the note?
    I'll take the box over the bloatware or the device branding. At the end of the day the box ends up in storage until it gets sold on Craigslist.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-12-2016 07:29 AM
    Because ATT sucks.

And where did you see it?
    bhatech likes this.
    08-12-2016 07:41 AM
    Because ATT sucks.

And where did you see it?
    Ebay
    08-12-2016 10:02 AM
    All that matters is what's inside the box. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter in what color it is. Every other AT&T Note 7 customer will get the same box so it's not a big deal.
    boufa, Ry and Premium1 like this.
    08-12-2016 10:10 AM
    All that matters is what's inside the box. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter in what color it is. Every other AT&T Note 7 customer will get the same box so it's not a big deal.
    It is a big deal. Samsung packages these the way they do for a reason. AT&T has no good reason to re package them. Also, I bet that means that they've removed the headphones and Lord knows what else in the process of their repackaging. They did that with my Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    bhatech, Thisistip and iGalione like this.
    08-12-2016 11:13 AM
    It is a big deal. Samsung packages these the way they do for a reason. AT&T has no good reason to re package them. Also, I bet that means that they've removed the headphones and Lord knows what else in the process of their repackaging. They did that with my Note 4.

They do this because they always have. It's their marketing strategy. I doubt any US carriers will have the headphones - I think the last headphones Verizon had was from the HTC M7.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-12-2016 11:19 AM
    I got headphones in the box from my s7 edge on Verizon
    08-12-2016 01:05 PM
    They do this because they always have. It's their marketing strategy. I doubt any US carriers will have the headphones - I think the last headphones Verizon had was from the HTC M7.
    Everything in tact on T-Mobile, Samsung box, Earphones, no ugly carrier logo. And it comes in Samsung box, Earphones etc even on Verizon. May be you haven't bought recent Samsung flagships?
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-12-2016 01:09 PM
    Highly doubt...how was the s7 packaging on AT&T? I thought it was Samsung packaging not the crappy att box.
    08-12-2016 01:11 PM
    Sprint has kept everything the same. Box and contents. I switched to ATT with the N5 last year because Sprint's coverage was abysmal in my area. ATT's N5 came with headphones but a hideous beat up orange and white box.

For me, a nice box is a part of the whole experience. I just watched an unboxing on YT and that N7 black box is awesome. Too bad I'll never get to own it.

At&t Note5
    08-12-2016 01:14 PM
    I pre-ordered my AT&T one from Best Buy, not AT&T directly, would that make any difference in the type of packaging I receive?
    08-12-2016 01:16 PM
    I pre-ordered my AT&T one from Best Buy, not AT&T directly, would that make any difference in the type of packaging I receive?
    No it's the AT&T version, all come in whatever package att decides irrespective of where you buy.
    08-12-2016 01:20 PM
    I'll take the box over the bloatware or the device branding. At the end of the day the box ends up in storage until it gets sold on Craigslist.
    Sorry, did you mean to say the AT&T version won't have carrier bloatware or carrier branding? If so, where did you hear this?
    08-12-2016 01:25 PM
    Sorry, did you mean to say the AT&T version won't have carrier bloatware or carrier branding? If so, where did you hear this?
    Lol no it will have the At&T logo and bloat. At&t has overtaken Verizon for the worst bloat award.
    08-12-2016 01:28 PM
    Lol no it will have the At&T logo and bloat. At&t has overtaken Verizon for the worst bloat award.
    Damn, looks like I'm buying international or settling for an unlocked s7.

I seriously don't get why America is the only place with this issue.
    08-12-2016 01:31 PM
    Damn, looks like I'm buying international or settling for an unlocked s7.

I seriously don't get why America is the only place with this issue.
    Because people don't get it how awesome the pure non carrier versions are.. They walk into carrier store, buy the carrier versions and are OK with sub par experience and slow updates. 99% of the people don't know what they are missing and probably don't care.

Once the US unlocked version is out later, will be selling the T-Mobile version and get the US unlocked version. Although my US unlocked S7 version was still on May security update compared to July on carrier versions, shame on Samsung.
    08-12-2016 01:33 PM

It does suck about the box. Especially considering how nice of a job Sammy did with the packaging. However, you WILL get all of the goodies that the "regular" Note 7 gets. Promise.
    joe likes this.
    08-12-2016 01:48 PM
    That's not accurate. When I ordered the Note 4, everyone with the other carriers were talking about their headphones they got and the AT&T customers didn't. And I don't care if they've done it forever. It's still idiotic. An 85 year old pedofile could say the same thing. "I'm this way because I've done this forever."

08-12-2016 02:12 PM
    It does suck about the box. Especially considering how nice of a job Sammy did with the packaging. However, you WILL get all of the goodies that the "regular" Note 7 gets. Promise.
    I hope so, because I got stiffed out of the headphones with the Note 4.

Thisistip likes this.
    08-12-2016 02:14 PM
    You stole my thunder, but yes they take your headphones and resell the cheap bastards.
    08-12-2016 02:18 PM

You will get:

1 USB-C cable
    1 Adaptive Fast Charger
    1 Pair of earbuds
    1 Micro USB 2.0 to USB OTG dongle
    1 Micro USB 2.0 to USB-C adapter

Oh...and a Note 7.

08-12-2016 05:28 PM
    Everything in tact on T-Mobile, Samsung box, Earphones, no ugly carrier logo. And it comes in Samsung box, Earphones etc even on Verizon. May be you haven't bought recent Samsung flagships?
    My most recent Samsung was the Note 5 and we did the get squat other than the charging clock and cable.
    08-12-2016 05:58 PM
    Just bought my wife a s7 edge about two weeks ago from an ATT store and it came in the Samsung box with headphones.. Not re_packaged..
    LegalAmerican and Thisistip like this.
    08-12-2016 06:29 PM
    You stole my thunder, but yes they take your headphones and resell the cheap bastards.
    AT&T doesn't package (or re-package) anything. It is all done at the Samsung factory as part of the custom packaging process the carriers pay for, just like the ugly carrier logos on the back. DO you think they have some person stamping all the logos by hand somewhere in the USA? The carriers order it packaged the way they want it packaged. AT&T doesn't open all the Samsung boxes, throw them out, put them in AT&T boxes then steal your $1.00 value headphones. That's just plain silly and time wasting.
    sbatwater and justin1578 like this.
    08-12-2016 07:25 PM
73 123