Why AT&T?

asuprice

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just saw a Note 7 box for AT&T and they are still using their own blue generic packaging and not the Samsung packaging. Why do they do this with the note?

Zello_Police

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Just saw a Note 7 box for AT&T and they are still using their own blue generic packaging and not the Samsung packaging. Why do they do this with the note?

I'll take the box over the bloatware or the device branding. At the end of the day the box ends up in storage until it gets sold on Craigslist.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
All that matters is what's inside the box. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter in what color it is. Every other AT&T Note 7 customer will get the same box so it's not a big deal.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
All that matters is what's inside the box. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter in what color it is. Every other AT&T Note 7 customer will get the same box so it's not a big deal.

It is a big deal. Samsung packages these the way they do for a reason. AT&T has no good reason to re package them. Also, I bet that means that they've removed the headphones and Lord knows what else in the process of their repackaging. They did that with my Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It is a big deal. Samsung packages these the way they do for a reason. AT&T has no good reason to re package them. Also, I bet that means that they've removed the headphones and Lord knows what else in the process of their repackaging. They did that with my Note 4.

They do this because they always have. It's their marketing strategy. I doubt any US carriers will have the headphones - I think the last headphones Verizon had was from the HTC M7.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why AT&T?

They do this because they always have. It's their marketing strategy. I doubt any US carriers will have the headphones - I think the last headphones Verizon had was from the HTC M7.

Everything in tact on T-Mobile, Samsung box, Earphones, no ugly carrier logo. And it comes in Samsung box, Earphones etc even on Verizon. May be you haven't bought recent Samsung flagships?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Highly doubt...how was the s7 packaging on AT&T? I thought it was Samsung packaging not the crappy att box.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Sprint has kept everything the same. Box and contents. I switched to ATT with the N5 last year because Sprint's coverage was abysmal in my area. ATT's N5 came with headphones but a hideous beat up orange and white box.

For me, a nice box is a part of the whole experience. I just watched an unboxing on YT and that N7 black box is awesome. Too bad I'll never get to own it.

At&t Note5

Garneth

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered my AT&T one from Best Buy, not AT&T directly, would that make any difference in the type of packaging I receive?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'll take the box over the bloatware or the device branding. At the end of the day the box ends up in storage until it gets sold on Craigslist.

Sorry, did you mean to say the AT&T version won't have carrier bloatware or carrier branding? If so, where did you hear this?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why AT&T?

Sorry, did you mean to say the AT&T version won't have carrier bloatware or carrier branding? If so, where did you hear this?

Lol no it will have the At&T logo and bloat. At&t has overtaken Verizon for the worst bloat award.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why AT&T?

Lol no it will have the At&T logo and bloat. At&t has overtaken Verizon for the worst bloat award.
Damn, looks like I'm buying international or settling for an unlocked s7.

I seriously don't get why America is the only place with this issue.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why AT&T?

Damn, looks like I'm buying international or settling for an unlocked s7.

I seriously don't get why America is the only place with this issue.

Because people don't get it how awesome the pure non carrier versions are.. They walk into carrier store, buy the carrier versions and are OK with sub par experience and slow updates. 99% of the people don't know what they are missing and probably don't care.

Once the US unlocked version is out later, will be selling the T-Mobile version and get the US unlocked version. Although my US unlocked S7 version was still on May security update compared to July on carrier versions, shame on Samsung.

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

It does suck about the box. Especially considering how nice of a job Sammy did with the packaging. However, you WILL get all of the goodies that the "regular" Note 7 gets. Promise.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

That's not accurate. When I ordered the Note 4, everyone with the other carriers were talking about their headphones they got and the AT&T customers didn't. And I don't care if they've done it forever. It's still idiotic. An 85 year old pedofile could say the same thing. "I'm this way because I've done this forever."

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It does suck about the box. Especially considering how nice of a job Sammy did with the packaging. However, you WILL get all of the goodies that the "regular" Note 7 gets. Promise.

I hope so, because I got stiffed out of the headphones with the Note 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith