S-Pen Gif capture feature - purpose?

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
People seem to be very excited about this feature. I do think it's very cool, but I'm wondering what people will be using it for. The only two purposes I can see for it are 1) clipping short segments of videos of your kids to easily share; and 2) creating the funny meme-like clips you see all over Instragram. I'm in no way turning my nose up to this feature, as I will definitly be using it for #1, but I wonder if, given all they hype, I might be missing something. Are there any other ways in which this feature is useful? Thanks!

Last edited:

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
People seem to be very excited about this feature. I do think it's very cool, but I'm wondering what people will be using it for. The only two purposes I can see for it are 1) clipping short segments of videos of your kids to easily share; and 2) creating the funny meme-like clips you see all over Instragram. I'm in no way turning my nose up to this feature, as I will definitly be using it for for #1, but I wonder if, given all they hype, I might be missing something. Are there any other ways in which this feature is useful? Thanks!

I could see tech blogs using it for quick demos "here's how to turn on developer options". But personally I dont see ever using it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... it's one of those "that's kind of cool" features that OEMs are left with now. There's not a lot of meat left on the major innovation bone. But you are right, this isn't exactly life-altering rocket science type functions... just something cool to show off.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thoughts about Smart Select on the Note 4 and now I use it more than almost any other feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

Joe J1

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It's very cool. It's been somewhat cumbersome to create gifs. This is the fastest and easiest way to do it. I have it on my note 5 and I've been using it alot. Definitely the most i've used a s-pen in awhile

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thoughts about Smart Select on the Note 4 and now I use it more than almost any other feature.

What are common scenarios that you use the smart select in? I don't think I've ever used smart select on my note 4.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I use my smart select on Note 4 to snip any pic I want to share.... an image from my phone, or an image on facebook... its the quickest way to move and share images.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
What are common scenarios that you use the smart select in? I don't think I've ever used smart select on my note 4.

My family has a group chat, and whenever I see a funny tweet or something, I'll smart select it and post it to the chat. I find it's quicker and easier to do that, than to copy and paste. Sometimes I'll do it with photos or paragraphs online.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
a4c4b1e20bb2e6164e37927671d1406e.jpg

This here. You can select text on an image and it will extract the text..

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I love this feature. So many clips on YouTube where I want to share just a small portion vs having to share a whole 10+ clip. I can see myself using this feature a lot.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
People seem to be very excited about this feature. I do think it's very cool, but I'm wondering what people will be using it for. The only two purposes I can see for it are 1) clipping short segments of videos of your kids to easily share; and 2) creating the funny meme-like clips you see all over Instragram. I'm in no way turning my nose up to this feature, as I will definitly be using it for #1, but I wonder if, given all they hype, I might be missing something. Are there any other ways in which this feature is useful? Thanks!

I love petty arse gifs and I will be creating them on a WEEKLY basis. LOL

And like another person said, Smart Select is one of the greatest features ever. It allows me to screen shot with accuracy, while maintaining privacy...also taking up less digital space.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I love petty arse gifs and I will be creating them on a WEEKLY basis. LOL

And like another person said, Smart Select is one of the greatest features ever. It allows me to screen shot with accuracy, while maintaining privacy...also taking up less digital space.
Give me an example. I feel I'm missing out on something... Fun GIF exchange...

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

It don't matter if it is usefull. No other phone has it and It will be fun to use. Plus I am sure someone will discover a neat new use for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech