08-15-2016 08:34 PM
27 12
tools
    People seem to be very excited about this feature. I do think it's very cool, but I'm wondering what people will be using it for. The only two purposes I can see for it are 1) clipping short segments of videos of your kids to easily share; and 2) creating the funny meme-like clips you see all over Instragram. I'm in no way turning my nose up to this feature, as I will definitly be using it for #1, but I wonder if, given all they hype, I might be missing something. Are there any other ways in which this feature is useful? Thanks!
    08-12-2016 08:50 AM
    People seem to be very excited about this feature. I do think it's very cool, but I'm wondering what people will be using it for. The only two purposes I can see for it are 1) clipping short segments of videos of your kids to easily share; and 2) creating the funny meme-like clips you see all over Instragram. I'm in no way turning my nose up to this feature, as I will definitly be using it for for #1, but I wonder if, given all they hype, I might be missing something. Are there any other ways in which this feature is useful? Thanks!
    I could see tech blogs using it for quick demos "here's how to turn on developer options". But personally I dont see ever using it.
    ctychick likes this.
    08-12-2016 08:51 AM
    Well... it's one of those "that's kind of cool" features that OEMs are left with now. There's not a lot of meat left on the major innovation bone. But you are right, this isn't exactly life-altering rocket science type functions... just something cool to show off.
    ctychick likes this.
    08-12-2016 08:52 AM
    I had the same thoughts about Smart Select on the Note 4 and now I use it more than almost any other feature.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ctychick and Katrina White1 like this.
    08-12-2016 09:52 AM
    It's very cool. It's been somewhat cumbersome to create gifs. This is the fastest and easiest way to do it. I have it on my note 5 and I've been using it alot. Definitely the most i've used a s-pen in awhile
    ctychick likes this.
    08-12-2016 11:29 AM
    I had the same thoughts about Smart Select on the Note 4 and now I use it more than almost any other feature.

What are common scenarios that you use the smart select in? I don't think I've ever used smart select on my note 4.
    ctychick likes this.
    08-12-2016 11:34 AM
    Seeing as I send a crap ton of gifs this feature will work extremely well for me. I very excited for it.
    verks likes this.
    08-12-2016 12:14 PM
    What are common scenarios that you use the smart select in? I don't think I've ever used smart select on my note 4.
    I'm curious too.
    08-12-2016 09:56 PM
    I use my smart select on Note 4 to snip any pic I want to share.... an image from my phone, or an image on facebook... its the quickest way to move and share images.
    08-12-2016 10:25 PM
    My family has a group chat, and whenever I see a funny tweet or something, I'll smart select it and post it to the chat. I find it's quicker and easier to do that, than to copy and paste. Sometimes I'll do it with photos or paragraphs online.

08-12-2016 10:53 PM
    Oh I'll have plenty of uses for it!
    Josephjsmith1985 likes this.
    08-12-2016 10:58 PM

This here. You can select text on an image and it will extract the text..
    08-13-2016 08:10 AM
    Seeing as I send a crap ton of gifs this feature will work extremely well for me. I very excited for it.
    I'm beyond " excited " !!!

This feature alone is worth a new Note 7 for me !!!
    areyes163 likes this.
    08-13-2016 08:14 AM
    I love this feature. So many clips on YouTube where I want to share just a small portion vs having to share a whole 10+ clip. I can see myself using this feature a lot.
    BearlyFloats likes this.
    08-13-2016 08:18 AM
    People seem to be very excited about this feature. I do think it's very cool, but I'm wondering what people will be using it for. The only two purposes I can see for it are 1) clipping short segments of videos of your kids to easily share; and 2) creating the funny meme-like clips you see all over Instragram. I'm in no way turning my nose up to this feature, as I will definitly be using it for #1, but I wonder if, given all they hype, I might be missing something. Are there any other ways in which this feature is useful? Thanks!
    I love petty arse gifs and I will be creating them on a WEEKLY basis. LOL

And like another person said, Smart Select is one of the greatest features ever. It allows me to screen shot with accuracy, while maintaining privacy...also taking up less digital space.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    08-14-2016 10:58 AM
    I love petty arse gifs and I will be creating them on a WEEKLY basis. LOL

And like another person said, Smart Select is one of the greatest features ever. It allows me to screen shot with accuracy, while maintaining privacy...also taking up less digital space.
    Give me an example. I feel I'm missing out on something... Fun GIF exchange...
    08-14-2016 05:46 PM
    It don't matter if it is usefull. No other phone has it and It will be fun to use. Plus I am sure someone will discover a neat new use for it.

08-14-2016 10:56 PM
    Give me an example. I feel I'm missing out on something... Fun GIF exchange...
    Gosh. There's so many good GIFs out there, I don't know where to start lol
    08-14-2016 11:03 PM
    Family guy gifs. I'm going to have a field day.
    PlaybookFanatic and queenren like this.
    08-14-2016 11:11 PM
    Family guy gifs. I'm going to have a field day.
    And every ratchet show I can think of.
    jayp1306 and queenren like this.
    08-14-2016 11:15 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7671d1406e.jpg

This here. You can select text on an image and it will extract the text..
    Will this work in any app, because this would be soooooo useful for me?
    08-15-2016 09:08 AM
    Im envious of those able to play with this feature on a daily basis.

08-15-2016 09:12 AM
    It is just something fun... For most people it won't be much but it is something to distinguish from the other phones
    08-15-2016 09:14 AM
    I thought the exact same thing but I would be using it alot like if I seen something funny in a YouTube video you know I will definitely use it everyday
    08-15-2016 10:57 AM
    I read some people saying they're going to use it with YouTube..but don't gifs not use sound? Which means sure, you'll have the video portion, but sound won't translate. You'd have to have the CC on if you want to convey something that it's saying.
    08-15-2016 12:23 PM
27 12