08-14-2016 12:50 PM
44 12
tools
    I am! Leaving s7edge for note 7
    08-13-2016 05:24 AM
    Yes, dumping the S7 edge for the Note 7.
    Me too
    08-13-2016 05:26 AM
    I'm a huge phone junkie! I also love the shiny newness of every new Samsung device! Pre ordered the note 7 in black because it looked so sleek and sexy. I think this is the first time the phone is actually all black.

Sent from Sir Cletus Sexy IV.
    (S7 Edge Titanium)
    08-13-2016 08:10 AM
    Exactly why I'm upgrading too
    The Note 7 is the phone to beat this year.
    08-13-2016 08:29 AM
    going from s7 edge to note 7 then s8 edge when it's released. I love tmobile jump on demand....

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-13-2016 08:34 AM
    Upgrading because I hate the way the S7E feels and I hate cases.
    I'm one of those who will probably never use the sPen, but I have to have a SS phone for my Galaxy S.
    08-13-2016 08:38 AM
    I'm switching to the Note 7 from the S7 Edge. I personally miss the Note features and S-Pen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-13-2016 09:04 AM
    I'm a huge phone junkie! I also love the shiny newness of every new Samsung device! Pre ordered the note 7 in black because it looked so sleek and sexy. I think this is the first time the phone is actually all black.

(S7 Edge Titanium)
    I thought the S7 and S7E were blacked out. My brothers look blacked out anyway.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    08-13-2016 09:57 AM
    I thought the S7 and S7E were blacked out. My brothers look blacked out anyway.

The metal frame was a dark gray on the S7's on the Note 7 it's a true black.
    08-13-2016 10:01 AM
    The metal frame was a dark gray on the S7's on the Note 7 it's a true black.
    Oh nice! I guess if I don't like my accidental preorder of the blue one I can definitely dig a truly blacked out one.

08-13-2016 10:07 AM
    ...and thirty seconds after posting I'm regretting not getting blacked out.

I was so gleeful ordering yesterday I meant to order the titanium silver but forgot to select my color and ordered a blue coral. I didn't realize it because the accessories portion of checkout asked me if I wanted to add accessories to my silver titanium Note 7. Now I'm getting a blue coral. I don't mind. I'll use it regardless but God that black out is beautiful.

08-13-2016 10:12 AM
    ...and thirty seconds after posting I'm regretting not getting blacked out.

I was so gleeful ordering yesterday I meant to order the titanium silver but forgot to select my color and ordered a blue coral. I didn't realize it because the accessories portion of checkout asked me if I wanted to add accessories to my silver titanium Note 7. Now I'm getting a blue coral. I don't mind. I'll use it regardless but God that black out is beautiful.

I thought about the Blue Coral until I saw the frame online. I've got the Mint Nextbit Robin for color anyway. I love the all black.
    08-13-2016 10:29 AM
    Just because the Note 7 isn't marketed to S7E owners, doesn't mean it isn't an upgrade. Moving from one phone to another can certainly be an upgrade.

And since we're being pedantic :-) :

upgrade: raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components
    ...it's not an upgrade. Both the S7 edge and the Note 7 have the same interior components. They both have SD 820. They both have the same exact cameras. They both have IP68 rating.

An upgrade would mean going from SD 820 to SD 830--getting newer technology. The Note isn't an improvement on the S7 edge. It's an improvement on the Note 5.
    08-13-2016 10:38 AM
    I thought about the Blue Coral until I saw the frame online. I've got the Mint Nextbit Robin for color anyway. I love the all black.
    Guess Verizon is going to have a visitor if I don't fall in love with blue coral out of the box.

msm0511 likes this.
    08-13-2016 10:38 AM
    ...it's not an upgrade. Both the S7 edge and the Note 7 have the same interior components. They both have SD 820. They both have the same exact cameras. They both have IP68 rating.

An upgrade would mean going from SD 820 to SD 830--getting newer technology. The Note isn't an improvement on the S7 edge. It's an improvement on the Note 5.
    This is semantics, so this will be my final fun post on the subject. So, the "same" internals.. Except for:

Compared to the S7E, the Note 7 has:
    - 64GB base storage
    - Improved display in every area according to DisplayMate
    - Improved S-Pen goodness (Improved screen-off memos, Glance PiP, auto-GIFs, etc)
    - Dual auto-brightness sensors
    - Bigger Screen
    - Iris Scanner (if you care, I don't)
    - USB-C
    - Gorilla Glass 5
    - MIMO 4 x 4 potentially

Software:
    - Awesome new power saving modes with customizable Display resolutions (can take it down to 1080 or 720p, can lower CPU usage, etc)
    - Updated Camera software
    - Secure Folders
    - Improved Always on Display with 3rd Party notifications
    anon(782252) likes this.
    08-13-2016 10:42 AM

(S7 Edge Titanium)

Looks sleeker than the Batman S7 Edge. I was tempted to buy one. So glad I didn't.
    08-13-2016 10:50 AM
    The Note 7 isn't really much of an upgrade coming from an s7edge - the only thing you gain is 64gb of storage, S-Pen and an iris scanner. Everything else is pretty much the same. The screen size isn't all that much bigger than the s7edge and the battery is actually smaller compared to the s7edge. It would be more of an upgrade coming from s6 or earlier, but primarily, this line was an upgrade from the Note 5.

I will be keeping my beautiful silver s7edge, but I did get the blue coral Note 7 for my sister who only wanted the note line because she likes to draw, so this will be her portable drawing tool lol
    08-13-2016 12:36 PM
    ...I will be keeping my beautiful silver s7edge, but I did get the blue coral Note 7 for my sister who only wanted the note line because she likes to draw, so this will be her portable drawing tool lol
    i, like you, will be keeping my BEAUTIFUL White S7 Edge... Being a Samsung fanatic, i would've upgraded in a heartbeat, but the lack of color choices killed it for me. Even when i sadly learned there would be no white color, i thought maybe I could possibly have gone with the silver if it were "grey matte" but the shininess of that silver color along with how it in certain light looks like a yellowish platinum color killed my buzz for sure...

I played with the s-pen and yes, its improved but still, so "dinky & awkward" to hold, still feels like i'm interacting with the phone with a little plastic stick....

i am definitely shocked by how THIS Note has broken all pre-order sales records, its a REALLY nice phone for sure, but in 2016 there are "many, many" beautiful phones out there, AND that price tag...eeeshhhh!

Honestly, the only way a Note could wow me at this point if it were a 6 inch screen in a 5 inch form factor!

BTC

Is anyone upgrading from s7 edge to Note 7?-20160813_160740.jpg
    08-13-2016 04:12 PM

And as we have said there are other things we can consider an upgrade to us. You don't have to agree but consensus telling people your their opinion is wrong makes no sense since.. It's their opinion .
    08-14-2016 12:50 PM
44 12