Is anyone upgrading from s7 edge to Note 7?

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I am using s7 edge 32gb silver color. Was looking to upgrade to Coral blue color Note 7 due to its 64 gb internal memory. Sadly in India coral blue color is not coming at least initially. So might take silver or black color. Why are you looking to upgrade?

Posted via the Android Central App

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I am upgrading because I'm a phone junkie and I've never owned a Note. I want to try out the SPen

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Because I can...but mostly because I am a huge fan of the Note Edge and this is the closest I'll get to the original. I'm still mulling over whether I want silver or the blue coral though.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Might, it's a bit tuff ot swallow but the Note 7 seems to be just a bit more refined, never used SPen that much, but making gifs with that is awesome.

Might cave in...

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I am going from the note5 to the note7 by way of s7edge lol.

I am a note guy, but i bought the s7edge to how i liked the screen, knowing the note7 would probably be edged. I knew i would pass down the s7edge when the note7 came out, but it gave me a new toy until release day lol

I like the s7edge, great battery and fun phone but i am def having withdrawals from having a note lol.

I want the spen, and the memos, and the writing on pics... and i do miss the slightly bigger screen.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A couple main reasons. 1) 64 vs 32. I can't keep all my Final Fantasy games on my Edge without running into storage issues. Sick of shuffling things around. I will not buy a phone under 64 GB from this point forward. 2) S Pen. Had a Galaxy Note 8 years ago and loved the pen. Wanting to get back to that. 3) Slightly larger screen with edge, but less edge. I love the S7 Edge, but the larger screen with slightly less curved edges is better. 3) I'm a gadget *****. Not gonna lie, I have an addition to buying tech I find cool.
There is one thing that is actually a detractor for me and that's USB-C. I'm glad that it's the future, but the messiness of bad cables, different charging standards, unclear interoperation with previous USB, and a plethora of non-USB-C cables and adapters lying around all made me question getting it. In the end, I decided I can handle it. LOL

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I've never owned a Note before, nor do I think I'll actually use the s-pen long term (but maybe I'll end up liking it?). But yes, I'm upgrading from the s7 edge. I managed to damage my home button on the s7 (tons of scratches :( ) and it often doesn't register my fingerprints. On top of that I'm a tech junkie, and I think the decision is justified. :)

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
When I am using my phone for calls or just surfing the Internet, I always have my spen handy!
I use the spen as a mouse or writing notes.
The spen is an AMAZING tool!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
...the S7 edge isn't a downgrade from the Note 7. People keep forgetting that.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto Z Force Droid
Just depends on needs. I want a bigger screen and I am one who actually used the Spen so the Note is better / superior to me.

tonyron227

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I had the Note 5 last year then jumped to the LG V10. I missed the S pen but couldn't wait for the next Note so I jumped on the S7edge because it was NEW. Now I am going back to the baddest phone on the planet....The Note7!!!! For the past year, every time I need to jot something down, I wouldn't have any paper to write on, and I would think about how easy it was when I had the Note 5. I'll never leave the Note line again.

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I had an s6 edge plus then the s7 edge and now have the Note 7 preordered. While a 5.7" vs 5.5" screen doesn't sound like much of a difference, I was surprised at how much smaller the screen on the s7 edge seemed compared to the s6 edge plus. The Note 7 has the larger screen size of the s6 edge plus combined with everything that made the s7 edge great like expandable memory, IP68 rating, the best smartphone camera, etc. I have not had a Note series phone yet and I think I'll enjoy the S-Pen. Also, I'm on JOD with T-mobile so there is no reason NOT to try every new Galaxy phone that strikes my interest:cool:

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Just depends on needs. I want a bigger screen and I am one who actually used the Spen so the Note is better / superior to me.

Yes, but it's not an upgrade. The S8 edge will be an upgrade to the S7 edge. The Note 7 is an upgrade to the Note 5 and all other previous Notes.

/pedantic

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto Z Force Droid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz