So... the available tempered glass

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm imagining curved tempered glass.. Hard to position exactly and get the exact same curve lined up to prevent it being misapplied.. I think this is why they've all been a hot mess and people have been unhappy. I am going to order one, but I have a Skinomi and an IQ shield to try just in case I hate the temp glass.

I will give them a go, but if I don't like it I will just go no screen protector and hope for no drops and in the event of one, hopefully this gorilla glass 5 will hold.

Posted via the Android Central App

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I will give them a go, but if I don't like it I will just go no screen protector and hope for no drops and in the event of one, hopefully this gorilla glass 5 will hold.

That's an expensive "hope", lol

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks on that. I got the black Sparin from Amazon didn't see the clear ones then. If the Sparin doesn't work out I surely get one of the clear jobs. I just wanted something on a day 1.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Well it actually looks good with two tone blues

Attachments

• 11449.jpg
    11449.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 73

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Has any one with the glass screen protector have any issues with the glass protector and thin cases lifting up the glass protector?

JSH2728

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Why isn't there glue in the screen area of tempered glass? They only putting it on the edges. Why wouldn't they use in the middle of screen too, I dibt get it?

maineultraclassic

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought a clear one on Ebay, and I don't like it. It doesn't adhere on the entire thing, just some adhesive on the edge and that doesn't stick well at all.

I also need one to use with a case, I have the Spigen Tough Armor right now............but might have to look at the Otterbox Defender that has the built in screen protector.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't waste your money on the iCarez Tempered Glass, the curve isn't right and it doesn't stick down in the corners...Totally sucks. I am sending back to Amazon. I paid $20, if it was $5 I would just toss it. I bought some Spigen non-glass protectors, might try one of those later this afternoon. Those were like $5 for 2. If they suck, I will go to AT&T and have them put on a Bodyguardz.

maineultraclassic

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I went to Verizon today and had them install the Zagg screen protectors on the phone, but they won't work with the Spigen Tough Armor case I have for it. So, I trimmed the screen protector a little to make it work..............and I'll deal with it for a couple of weeks until the Otterbox Defender arrives that I bought on Amazon for $35.

No way I'm going to use the phone with no screen protector or case on it.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to Verizon today and had them install the Zagg screen protectors on the phone, but they won't work with the Spigen Tough Armor case I have for it. So, I trimmed the screen protector a little to make it work..............and I'll deal with it for a couple of weeks until the Otterbox Defender arrives that I bought on Amazon for $35.

No way I'm going to use the phone with no screen protector or case on it.
Is it rubbery feeling with the orange peel?

maineultraclassic

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Is it rubbery feeling with the orange peel?
It's actually very clear, but it does have a slight rubbery feel to it.

Until the tempered glass ones are worth the money with the edge phones, I'm going to go with the Otterbox Defender.....and until that comes out, it's the Zagg protector and a Spigen Tough Armor Case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol