Just a heads up that the Best Buy demos have a lot more junk running in the background making the device not as smooth as you would expect. It also disables a lot of settings like battery options where you can change the display resolution and other things. Thought I was imagining it so went back in Best Buy and the Verizon corporate store to compare.

Both stores have demo stuff running on the devices, but the Verizon Note 7's all on display were smooth and had all options. I was able to test the resolution options on the Verizon Note 7's, but not the Best Buy ones.
    08-12-2016 06:39 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if it's all Best Buy stores doing that or some tech at that one store.
    Best Buy and Verizon store are only a block away from each other here so I'm thinking about checking out the Note 7 next week.
    08-12-2016 08:03 PM
    The model at BestBuy also appears to be a demo specific model as it's model number ends in XX. I left BestBuy to try out a really Verizon model at a Verizon store. The two models are not the same software wise. For instance, the model at BestBuy did not show the NFC icon in the status bar when NFC was on. The Verizon model did show it.
    08-12-2016 08:10 PM
    Thanks for the info. I was at Best Buy today and wondered why Samsung Notes was so limited.
    08-12-2016 08:15 PM
    Just a heads up that the Best Buy demos have a lot more junk running in the background making the device not as smooth as you would expect. It also disables a lot of settings like battery options where you can change the display resolution and other things. Thought I was imagining it so went back in Best Buy and the Verizon corporate store to compare.

Both stores have demo stuff running on the devices, but the Verizon Note 7's all on display were smooth and had all options. I was able to test the resolution options on the Verizon Note 7's, but not the Best Buy ones.

What was your takeaway overall? I know you were super interested in the display resolution changing. How did the screen look down-res'd? Any other impressions?
    08-12-2016 08:30 PM
    I tried the Verizon version in store... It looks like a fully functional phone with cellular service.
    08-12-2016 08:39 PM
    What was your takeaway overall? I know you were super interested in the display resolution changing. How did the screen look down-res'd? Any other impressions?
    Display resolution works as it should, which is great. Still looks good. You notice with blurry small text on sites like Bluesnews. Still looks good for games and other non granular sized detail.

If I did not appreciate the Best Buy demo downgrade factor, I would not have a great impression. Verizon demo devices as noted here (pun intended) are real retail devices that do create a great impression.

Samsung has a direct sales relationship with Best Buy, so seems their fault. Inexcusable to demo like that by the actual manufacturer. Ironic.
    dsignori and gogoplata1980 like this.
    08-12-2016 08:54 PM
    Also the Best Buy Note 7 demo mode did not allow me to try the iris scanner and the Verizon Note 7 was not as locked down.

I was able to set it up, use it (It's incredibly quick BTW) and then I delete my eye recognition.
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    08-12-2016 09:24 PM