08-14-2016 07:41 PM
36 12
tools
    I've seen this argument a few times...but I honestly don't get how that's valid. So while you have your gloves on you unlock your phone with your iris...then what? My experience has been that if I have gloves on, touching the screen isn't effective? Then again...I didn't move back to Android until early June so never tested gloves on my Galaxy S7. Gloves do NOT work on an iPhone, that much I know for a fact (unless you have the special conducting tips on the ends of the fingers on the gloves, and even that is spotty at best).

I've read that iris scanning might be recognized as a far superior "lock" method and therefore could be used in conjunction with very important and highly sensitive data...perhaps passports for travelers. It might open up possibilities in businesses that currently don't allow Android devices. I am perhaps a glutton for punishment but I FAR prefer having my own personal device that can also access work information (i.e. email) over having two devices because the work issued device is considered more secure and locked down.
    Open it with the iris scanner and then use voice to do anything you want.
    08-13-2016 02:55 PM
    It depends on what you use your phone for. If you pretty much only use your phone for apps and email, the iPhone has no competition when it comes to smoothness. If you want all the bells and whistles, the Note 7 is a much better choice.
    08-13-2016 02:58 PM
    I've seen this argument a few times...but I honestly don't get how that's valid. So while you have your gloves on you unlock your phone with your iris...then what? My experience has been that if I have gloves on, touching the screen isn't effective?
    S-pen! It works fine when your gloves are on.
    08-13-2016 04:50 PM
    I'm waiting to see what they do with the iPhone 7... i usually upgrade when the new iPhone series comes out and the new S series from Samsung comes out. I'm honestly thinking I will just stick the the s7edge if the iPhone 7 is a complete lackluster.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-13-2016 05:32 PM
    That airplane analogy is the best thing I've read this weekend!!

yup that one's good! and here's the other one... if you want to see, "HOW the sausage is made", get an Android... If you just want someone to "JUST bring you the sausage", get an iPhone

BTC
    08-13-2016 06:47 PM
    I've seen this argument a few times...but I honestly don't get how that's valid. So while you have your gloves on you unlock your phone with your iris...then what? My experience has been that if I have gloves on, touching the screen isn't effective?
    Ha, you make a good point. I wasn't planning on using the iris scanner much, but I thought it would be effective when I have gloves on, but this... Very true ..
    08-13-2016 08:50 PM
    S-pen! It works fine when your gloves are on.
    Thank you and also viscomi444. Never thought about voice commands as they sometimes lead to more frustration than help...but the s-pen...that would definitely be a reliable and good workaround. Between the two now I can see the iris scanner for unlock adding value. I was in the camp of if I'm already pushing the button it's faster to just leave my finger on there and extra second for the print unlock. And I had given up using smart phones with gloves on a long time ago.
    08-14-2016 03:59 AM
    Thank you and also viscomi444. Never thought about voice commands as they sometimes lead to more frustration than help...but the s-pen...that would definitely be a reliable and good workaround. Between the two now I can see the iris scanner for unlock adding value. I was in the camp of if I'm already pushing the button it's faster to just leave my finger on there and extra second for the print unlock. And I had given up using smart phones with gloves on a long time ago.
    I not in a camp on this one. I will wait and see. I can think of a few use cases like we discussed that make it worth setting up. I will either find myself using or not. Since you can use both at the same time, it is not a choice.

Coming from the Note 4, either is going to be so much better than the finger print techI am using now.
    08-14-2016 08:43 AM
    There's no choice here. It sounds to me like you need the iPhone. There is a significant difference between the iPhone and Android, and it has nothing to do with features. iPhone provides a limiting, simple environment. Those who don't want to fool around with setting up and configuring will want iPhone. Those who like doing that kind of thing will go for Android. I once read that there are 2 kinds of people who walk onto an airplane - those who board and immediately look to the right (to sit down); and those who immediately look to the left (into the pilot's cabin) because they have an intense interest in "how" the plane flies. Apple people are in the first group; Android in the second.

Nobody is offended by your post, and there's nothing wrong with it - but, maybe it's time to decide which way you want to look.
    I have owned both for years at a time, and I can honestly say that at this point in phone evolution there is very little to choose between them. The perceived advantages of android (such as drag and drop films and music) have been negated now to some extent by cloud storage and apps such as google play music. Whilst your definitions of who buys android and who buys iPhones may be true, it is not all-encompassing. I have spent much time on android loading custom roms and such, but have lost interest now because feature sets are so full there is little 'must have' features that are missing. For the first time I feel completely ambivalent towards to the two OS's; I care more about hardware now, hence my post.
    08-14-2016 09:40 AM
    You mention price of the Note 7 as a negative. Is the iPhone 7 expected to me much cheaper?
    No, it will be the sameI or thereabouts I would imagine. I was more thinking about the number of android phones now which have very good specs but are a fair bit cheaper.
    08-14-2016 09:41 AM
    I was going to hold off for the iPhone 7 announcement as I am a iPhone 6 user now, but I just preordered my Note 7. I think both phones will be great. They are fairly even these days, but a change will be nice.
    08-14-2016 07:41 PM
36 12