Ordered directly from Samsung.com?

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I'm waiting on my Samsung.com order is because somehow I got the 256 card and Fit 2 for free. Some sort of glitch. And ebates was 10% cash back on Aug 3rd so another $85 off.

Worth waiting for.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The only reason I'm waiting on my Samsung.com order is because somehow I got the 256 card and Fit 2 for free. Some sort of glitch. And ebates was 10% cash back on Aug 3rd so another $85 off.

Worth waiting for.
I think it's worth the wait for you!! Fantastic

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone had their card charged yet?

Nope and I'm not expecting it either.

The sad thing is, it's not turning out to be an amazing phone anyway. The gorilla glass 5 scratch thread as me miffed. I'm currently using an iPhone 6S and they have been using sapphire on the camera lens, and home button, for years. It's impossible to scratch these two areas, believe me, I've tried.

I posted in that thread but everyone seemed to gloss over my comments. I'm starting to see that Android fan boys are as bad, if not worse, than Apple fan boys.

I'm really not sure why any group of people cannot be objective about things in life 🙄

A $900 phone should be shipped to Samsung.com customers first!

Second, Samsung should have been using sapphire for years but they haven't been and continue to leave it out. This completely blows my mind!

"If" I don't cancel, or ditch, this phone, I'll have as much insurance as I can afford to get on it.

Mghollan26

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm with you in sapphire crystal. The only watch I own without sapphire crystal is my speedmaster but it's a classic and doesn't look the same without the hesalite.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
No charge on my card either. If they truly are shipping on 8/19 probably won't see anything until this evening or tomorrow.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Called again today. Nothing is shipping until tomorrow, but I was told that I should receive tracking information tomorrow, and that if I didn't to call back.

I'm wondering if, as backwards as this sounds, Samsung USA had to receive the phones from the carriers then ship them out to us. To me, that's the only way this makes any sense.

1 to 3 days shipping. I'll live, and be happy in the end when I'm reading threads about people waiting 4 months for their pre-order bonus.

I've officially hopped off the pissed-off express and boarded the meh-train.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Ditto on future Samsung.com orders. I should have stuck with my initial Verizon preorder. Oh well, after ordering again from Verizon yesterday morning, my card was charged in the evening, and it is being processed. Customer service Rep said I should have it by tomorrow, but we shall see.

UPDATE: I received my shipping info. They shipped it overnight, so I should have by 3pm tomorrow!

Last edited:

Mghollan26

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
This seriously has me thinking about returning this phone. Between a preorder for a $900 phone that gets you absolutely nothing and the gorilla glass I think it's given to time to question this purchase. Fail on Samsung's part.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Yea, the screen durability is a real bummer. And just for that I ended up buying 2 screensavers after going without one on my Note 4 for the last 2 years. But I know me, and I know I will be buying the next Note phablet next year, so between now and next year, i'll be sure to keep my Note 7 with a screensaver in its wallet case nicely protected. :)

Btw...no shade, but what are people doing with their phones that they get so scratched up?

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
It's a HUGE failure on their part.

No sapphire on the camera or fingerprint sensor and glass that is twice as soft as the S7.

Most of us know how this works...

Softer makes it more likely to survive drops, less likely to survive scratches.

Harder makes it more scratch resistant but more prone to cracking/breaking.

I'd say they hedged their bets in the wrong direction. Most people use a case, less people use screen protectors. I use both because I don't trust anything made by Apple or Samsung.... or should I say, their Chinese manufacturers.

Also, 15 minutes ago, my best friend sent me a picture of his note 7 box. He ordered 3 days after I did from ATT direct. His arrived in the mail. It was not a store pickup.

So yeah, not looking good for Samsung next year. Maybe ever again?

I really wish I could just dual boot my iPhone. It's an ugly device but quite rugged. Samsung is beautiful but much more fragile, where it counts.

sharmanas

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
From the I've ordered my Note 7!" (Order & Shipping Discussion) Color Poll Inside! thread:

"Ok, some good news for people that pre-ordered from Samsung.com. I was emailing them for status updates and they kept telling me that it was late August/early September. I finally just called them on the phone to ask why the delay and the person I spoke to apologized and said there was confusion about that, and that the phones are shipping out tomorrow, not end of Aug/beginning of September."

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I just spoke to customer service about trying to cancel my Note 7 order that was placed on Aug 3rd. Can't be done because the Micro SD card had already shipped. Oh well. Also, She was told that the Note 7's should start shipping tomorrow or maybe even Monday.

I stopped into Best Buy and they already have the Note 7's in a cage on the sales floor ready to be sold. The sales guy at BB told me that they have plenty of the Black and Silver Note 7's left over after pre-orders have been promised, but they didn't have anymore of the blue. I really want to cancel my Samsung order and just go to BB, but I would have to send back the micro SD card first and then they should be able to issue the return.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke to customer service about trying to cancel my Note 7 order that was placed on Aug 3rd. Can't be done because the Micro SD card had already shipped. Oh well. Also, She was told that the Note 7's should start shipping tomorrow or maybe even Monday.

I stopped into Best Buy and they already have the Note 7's in a cage on the sales floor ready to be sold. The sales guy at BB told me that they have plenty of the Black and Silver Note 7's left over after pre-orders have been promised, but they didn't have anymore of the blue. I really want to cancel my Samsung order and just go to BB, but I would have to send back the micro SD card first and then they should be able to issue the return.
Same for me, but oh well. Didn't want to mess with having to send the card back. Will just have to wait a few more days while everyone else is checking theirs out.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Okay...Here is how unorganized and incompetent the samsung.com site is for ordering SAMSUNG items. I pre-ordered the S-View Case for the Note 7 but was told it wouldn't be available until next month. I was fine with that because who knows when I'll get the Note 7 that I pre-ordered on Aug 3. Anyway, I went to Best Buy today and they had about 5 brand new S-view cases for the Note 7 at the same price, so I just bought it there and canceled my samsung.com order.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Okay...Here is how unorganized and incompetent the samsung.com site is for ordering SAMSUNG items. I pre-ordered the S-View Case for the Note 7 but was told it wouldn't be available until next month. I was fine with that because who knows when I'll get the Note 7 that I pre-ordered on Aug 3. Anyway, I went to Best Buy today and they had about 5 brand new S-view cases for the Note 7 at the same price, so I just bought it there and canceled my samsung.com order.
Crazy. From what we have been told earlier in this thread from showing who has bought from them before is that the Samsung.com people you call are clueless. But better you went on and picked it up at Best Buy

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Talked with my buddy today that ordered one from T-Mobile. He's playing with his blue one right now.

My Samsung.com order is "preparing for shipment." No charge, nothing since the 3rd. Looks like they are sticking to the letter of the law "release date 8/19." Ok.

Never, ever again will I order from them. Ever. And I'm out of town all next week for work, so won't get it until the following week.

Lesson learned.

And all the Best Buys around me have the cases and accessories available for pickup...today. Samsung? "Soon."

What a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18