Ordered directly from Samsung.com?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone ever pre-ordered through Samsung.com for previous phone releases? Do they have a track record of delivering before/on/after the official release date?
Thanks for asking this again. That was my initial curiosity when I started this thread.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I think if we don't hear anything today, or Tuesday, we are probably screwed. Their customer support is useless. So now we are kinda in a bind. If their pre-order goodies are of limited supply, everyone that ordered through their carriers will get them and we will be left holding the bag.

The 256gb SD card was about all that made this phone worth the high price. That alone is a $2-300 card. So, I see the Note as a $6-700 phone and it's worth it, if I get the card. Otherwise, I'm paying jacked up Apple prices here.

I'll give them until Thursday to send me a tracking number, otherwise, I'll cancel my order.

Do as you wish but ATT customer service not having a brain and Samsung not being transparent has kinda made pre-order an Android device a joke to me. When I pre-order an Apple phone, FROM APPLE, I know that I will receive it in the order I placed it in. They have shipping time frames clearly listed on their website when you pre-order. You can choose to order online and wait or close the window and try to pick it up locally.

Apple does so many things wrong but ordering from them isn't one of them. Samsung needs to take some notes from them on this single issue.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I think if we don't hear anything today, or Tuesday, we are probably screwed. Their customer support is useless. So now we are kinda in a bind. If their pre-order goodies are of limited supply, everyone that ordered through their carriers will get them and we will be left holding the bag.

The 256gb SD card was about all that made this phone worth the high price. That alone is a $2-300 card. So, I see the Note as a $6-700 phone and it's worth it, if I get the card. Otherwise, I'm paying jacked up Apple prices here.

I'll give them until Thursday to send me a tracking number, otherwise, I'll cancel my order.

Do as you wish but ATT customer service not having a brain and Samsung not being transparent has kinda made pre-order an Android device a joke to me. When I pre-order an Apple phone, FROM APPLE, I know that I will receive it in the order I placed it in. They have shipping time frames clearly listed on their website when you pre-order. You can choose to order online and wait or close the window and try to pick it up locally.

Apple does so many things wrong but ordering from them isn't one of them. Samsung needs to take some notes from them on this single issue.
ConstantDefector, I agree as far as Apple cust svc. My grandson works for them and they do their best to take care of their customers. I just have always been on android and love the note series. When did you order from Samsung.com? I ordered early on and got my sd card about three days after I preordered.

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone ever pre-ordered through Samsung.com for previous phone releases? Do they have a track record of delivering before/on/after the official release date?
My first time. I think this might be Samsungs first time too cause a friend of mine tried to order the s7 from Samsung when that launched and was redirected to tmobiles web site.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
They did. The first day of pre-orders I ordered my ATT phone which they had it for the same price ATT did. I went with Samsung instead of ATT because with Samsung I didn't have to submit paperwork to get the sd card. It was automatically added to the order and I received the sd card just a few days later. Not sure why they pulled the ATT link later. Only thought I had is that they had a limited number of ATT phones they could sell from their site and reached that number. Of course that is just a guess. My order still shows "preparing for shipment". Again that is just a guess.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I was gonna order from them, but by time I ordered, it said it and the gift wouldn't be shipped until Mid September. I said forget that.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Lucky you. I preordered within 30 minutes after midnight, and I got an email from Samsung saying my SD card is backordered. Go figure. :-\

(Im)Patiently waiting....

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Lucky you. I preordered within 30 minutes after midnight, and I got an email from Samsung saying my SD card is backordered. Go figure. :-\

(Im)Patiently waiting....
That is strange.. I ordered around 8 a.m. On the third and got my sd card within a couple of days.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
ConstantDefector, I agree as far as Apple cust svc. My grandson works for them and they do their best to take care of their customers. I just have always been on android and love the note series. When did you order from Samsung.com? I ordered early on and got my sd card about three days after I preordered.

I have 2 emails, one for when I submitted the order and one when it was confirmed. All times are EST.

August 3rd @1:47am (submitted)
August 3rd @ 2:00am (confirmed)

My SD card is on backorder 🙄

rsmin, what time did you place your order?

Edit: Nevermind, I see you ordered around 8am. Which means Samsung is playing some sort of lottery. A lottery which I don't like. I mean it's great for you but I don't like random chance when it comes to such a large company. Like I said, I'll wait until Thursday to see if I get a tracking number, if I don't, I'm cancelling. You getting your card before those of us that ordered before you is another nail in their coffin. Again, absolutely nothing against you : )

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 emails, one for when I submitted the order and one when it was confirmed. All times are EST.

August 3rd @1:47am (submitted)
August 3rd @ 2:00am (confirmed)

My SD card is on backorder 🙄

rsmin, what time did you place your order?

Edit: Nevermind, I see you ordered around 8am. Which means Samsung is playing some sort of lottery. A lottery which I don't like. I mean it's great for you but I don't like random chance when it comes to such a large company. Like I said, I'll wait until Thursday to see if I get a tracking number, if I don't, I'm cancelling. You getting your card before those of us that ordered before you is another nail in their coffin. Again, absolutely nothing against you : )
Totally, understand. I would feel the same way. I don't know if it matters but I have a lot of Samsung products that I have bought and registered at this site over the years. Not sure if that plays a part in it or just a random thing. But I agree I would be miffed. I was a little surprised I got it so quickly. As far as the phone it appears even though tracking numbers are coming out for the T-Mobile and Verizon they still aren't getting them till Friday, so hopefully ours are the same.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I guess it all depends on whether our cards gets charged by Wednesday, in time for it to be shipped and delivered by Friday. I'm not holding my breath...

jayjay234

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I love samsung but i hate their customer service. In my opinion, don't ever order anything from them directly. Customer service people are absolute garbage. No joke.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I love samsung but i hate their customer service. In my opinion, don't ever order anything from them directly. Customer service people are absolute garbage. No joke.

Well, here is what happened to me. The day before, when we knew what the pre-order goodies would be, I started a chat with an ATT customer service rep. She said they would NOT be offering the SD card. Ok, FU ATT.

I came to the forums and expressed this. Someone directed me to the Samsung promotions website. I was back in. Yay, I can just buy direct and get my card. Screw the morons at ATT.

Fast forward a few days... people start saying that ATT would just direct their customers to the same damn form we have to fill out. Wonderful...

By this time, I felt I was far too committed to cancel and get in the back of the ATT line.

The SD card is literally the only thing that tipped me over the edge for this Note. I have never once bought an iPhone and felt like they didn't bend me over. I bought... pre-ordered... this Note feeling it was a good deal.

I mean carriers don't make these phones so logic would say that Samsung.com (Usa) would have their shi t straight.

Like I have said, I'll give them until Thursday and that's it. If I wanted to stress about a simple purchase, I would have bought some magic beans.

Samsung, I don't need this.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I ordered on the 3rd just before 6pm. SD card is on backorder.
Of course, my order is still Preparing for Shipment - guaranteed to be the most well-prepared shipment of all time when it finally goes. :)

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing last week. I originally preordered through Verizon right after midnight. I then ordered through Samsung, because I saw they were offering the SD card immediately, 10 minutes later. I then thought of keeping both orders open for whichever went out first, but then decided to just cancel the Verizon one and keep the Samsung one, because I would be guaranteed the SD card, right? So here I am, contemplating whether i should just cancel the order and reorder through Verizon again.

But after reading the craziness over at the T-Mobile thread and laughing so hard, I realize I don't want to be that person. :D But, my finger is ever at the ready to preorder from Verizon come Wednesday....

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Just remember - if the SD card is already back ordered, and those purchasing through carrier STILL have to go through Samsung, after their phone arrives, to claim their SD Card, how long will THEY have to wait for the card? Best Buy may be the Best Bet at this time?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463