Ordered directly from Samsung.com?

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I agree, it's madness.

My best friend ordered through ATT and he will likely get his before I will, even though he ordered 3 days after I did.

Samsung needs to fix these issues. It's a joke that a company so large cannot make rules and abide by them.

Also, I never once believed that Samsung had a finite amount of SD cards to give out. I think it is more of "let's see how many pre-orders we get, then, based on demand, we can give out more, or less."

With this theory, the higher the pre-order number (demand), the fewer cards they will give out. This could also work the exact opposite way.

See how wonderful this logic works 😆

This is Samsung logic. Circular and maddening.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I went to samsungs site to pre-order but can't find anywhere to do so. when I go to purchase it just links me directly to AT&T to do it.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I recommend going to ATT. You'll have less gray hair :)

I would however it doesn't appear they offer the 256gb card. I don't care when the phone arrives. I'm patient. Besides this one is for my daughter. My wife and I already pre-ordered ours at best buy. I just don't want to have to buy another best buy gift card.

shrxwin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I didn't order until last Monday the 8th, choosing samsung.com since they put the card info the cart with the phone. Later that day the website started saying September shipping, which worried me. I submitted a question via the website, and on Wednesday I called since I didn't get a reply in 24 hours.
The phone rep was super nice but had no information. She found a backorder report that was sent the previous day, how's that for real time inventory status hahaha. Anyway she basically said to just wait and see. The only thing I learned is that they did purposely mark the SD card as backordered so it would not ship before the phone.

I kept that order and also logged into Verizon and preordered it there. Their site still said delivery on the 19th at that time Wednesday the 10th, but since then my Verizon order has said to check back.

The Samsung order kept the $929 pre-auth on my card for a few days, then it fell off. Never saw pre-auth from Verizon.
So when i get a shipping notice and tracking number from one of them, I will cancel the other, or just go down to the store on the 19th and buy it.
I am hoping samsung comes through and the SD card arrives with phone, it is my primary justification for buying the most expensive phone around!

:) Clarice

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I just got an email from Samsung talking about, last chance to be first. Smh, they suck at getting their products out the door in their own store. It's the same way for accessories

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Clarice uncovered something with the "SD card on backordered" deal. It would make sense that they ship them both at the same time but they should have stated that somewhere in their policy when pre-ordering the phone. They also pre-authorized my card as well and took it down a few days later. My card is set up as to notify me the instant any charges hits it so if I get a hit from them I know it's getting ready to ship. Will jump on here if I see any movement.

iksorwon

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my Note on the 3rd at 1pm and the status has stayed the same, Boxed Shipment.

Product Name Quantity
Galaxy Note7 64GB (Verizon)
Boxed Shipment
Micro SD EVO+ 256GB Memory Card w/ Adapter
Boxed Shipment
I hope I get it soon, my note 5 died and I'm stuck using my old note 2 with a broken screen.
The struggle is real:)

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Every year the same thing happens. Most people get theirs on the day of release when they pre order online. Some lucky ones get it a day or two early.

daveappen

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Every year the same thing happens. Most people get theirs on the day of release when they pre order online. Some lucky ones get it a day or two early.

Is this the case for folks that pre-ordered directly from Samsung.com? At this point, I'd be happy to get it the day of release or even 1 day afterwards.

xkoolaidislifex

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine from samsung.com (Verizon version) on Aug 3rd, received my Gear Fit2 on August 8. Fingers crossed for Friday. I called a few times to talk to customer service...they have no clue. One woman said they would be shipping out the first batch on the 18th, another said she had no idea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20