Ordered directly from Samsung.com?

bucklink

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Good evening all,
I'd just like to chime in on my experience as well.

I placed a pre-order for a black onyx verizon note 7, on August 8th. Chose the 256GB card as pre-order bonus.

Pretty much the same day I placed my order, I receive an email stating ONLY my 256 card is on back order.
On August 23rd I receive yet another email stating the same thing. Only the card is on back order. Have not mentioned the phone being on backorder.

Finally on August 27th I receive an email stating my order has shipped. It states only the 256 card has shipped.
It is August 31st today and I have received only the 256 card in the mail. No mention at all of the phone.

sharmanas

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Finally received my Black Onyx AT&T Note 7 on Tuesday. Everything seems to be working well, and couldn't be more happier with my purchase. My only gripe is the AT&T branding at the back and the bloatware obviously.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Why don't you just cancel your order and run to either Best Buy or T-Mobile and pick up a coral blue Note 7? I know the BB in my area had several available over the weekend. I canceled my order with Samsung.com on 8/19 when I realized I wouldn't be receiving, and went to BB.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone wants to lose their spot for the micro SD card because there is a 250,000 quantity limit according to the terms.
The promotion is over for all usa carriers other than Verizon anyway... So you don't want to cancel if you want the gift

OchoCILINDROS

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My phone finally arrives this Saturday and today Samsung announces the recall of the Note 7. Since our phones shipped so late I wonder if our phones are part of the recall.

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
This isn't good for Samsung
Very bad they should've waited maybe-
Now iPhone 7 is coming and they will POSSIBLY lose a lot of customers who won't wait and jump and upgrade their iPhones.
Im sitting still-
Not upgrading not doing nothing yet.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
My Note 7 arrived today, the day of the recall. No doubt in my mind. Going to charge it and start using it until samsung decides what they are going to do.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not going to worry too much. When Samsung has corrected ones manufactured and starts exchanging, I'll let them ship me one with a return package. Shame that I spent a week and a half trying to get this one all set up the way I want it. Even BIGGER shame is that I JUST installed a Skinomi body skin on this one and it is by far the best install I have ever done with a wet applied skin...lol. Not likely I will be as lucky applying it to the next one.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email from Samsung. You can exchange for one of the S7 models or a new Note 7. Note 7s should be available next week. After the pre-order fiasco, don't have much faith that those will be shipped in a timely manner.

donhillla

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Based on current experience, it could be weeks, dare I say months, before any of us see a new phone. My Note 5 is earmarked to replace my wife's iPhone 5, which is literally falling apart. Somehow I don't think those of us who purchased directly from Samsung are going to get preferential treatment, like our preorders. It is a pain to set up a phone for work, RSA soft token and Good require IT approvals, but I am willing to take a chance because I don't think we will see the new phones soon.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Based on current experience, it could be weeks, dare I say months, before any of us see a new phone. My Note 5 is earmarked to replace my wife's iPhone 5, which is literally falling apart. Somehow I don't think those of us who purchased directly from Samsung are going to get preferential treatment, like our preorders. It is a pain to set up a phone for work, RSA soft token and Good require IT approvals, but I am willing to take a chance because I don't think we will see the new phones soon.
Samsung said two weeks.

This is a safety recall, no one is playing around with it.

anon(9676543)

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to charge my phone in the garage to be safe when I first get it so I avoid a possible house fire. I think after I test it myself and feel that the phone or that charger isn't too hot, I'll trust it.

It would be nice if the phone could charge under water to keep it cool but that probably will pose a larger problem than an exploding phone!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to charge my phone in the garage to be safe when I first get it so I avoid a possible house fire. I think after I test it myself and feel that the phone or that charger isn't too hot, I'll trust it.

It would be nice if the phone could charge under water to keep it cool but that probably will pose a larger problem than an exploding phone!
You won't have to worry about the new one. The quality control on the new phones will be good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power