Ordered directly from Samsung.com?

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone pre-ordered their Note 7 from Samsung.com or previously ordered a Samsung phone from them before? I preordered my black note 7 from them on the first day of pre-order and status hasn't changed from "preparing for shipment". I checked with customer svc today and they are clueless on shopping dates.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that's what it says. I wouldn't expect it to say anything else at this stage. But I have been joking with my wife about how well prepared for shipping this thing must be by now after a week of preparing. The final bow is probably on it. Anyway, you are only supposed to get it by the 19th. Don't expect any more than that.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes I am one of the few that also ordered direct from Samsung.com on August 3rd.

Its said "preparing for shipment" ever since then.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I just have never pre-ordered from them before and with T-Mobile looking like they are starting to ship I didn't know what to expect from Samsung.com. I know the customer service rep I chatted with this morning was clueless. He said they wouldn't ship till 1st week in September. I knew he didn't know what he was taking about because he said that was even true with the carriers.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I ordered the Verizon version from them. Coral Blue.

I can't wait to get it!! Lol!

But in the meantime, I'm still enjoying my phenomenal Note 5.. which is still fast, fluid, reliable, eye candy... and still pretty decent battery life after almost a whole year.

I'll keep it as a backup when I get my Note 7.

I have NO IDEA when that will be though... oh well... I'm pretty patient.. I'm sure it will be here by mid September at the latest... if not sooner.

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone pre-ordered their Note 7 from Samsung.com or previously ordered a Samsung phone from them before? I preordered my black note 7 from them on the first day of pre-order and status hasn't changed from "preparing for shipment". I checked with customer svc today and they are clueless on shopping dates.
I'm in the same boat. Spoke to a rep last week and was told Samsung ships out the 17th from FedEx.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I just emailed them as well. For a company that is constantly at battle with Apple, they place no importance on ordering from their own website.

Those of us that ordered from Samsung.com should receive our phones the same time all the t-mobile folks are, if not sooner. Logically thinking.

I'm not sure if carriers pay them more, per device, but my $900+, paid in full, must not be enough to warrant excellent customer service.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I just emailed them as well. For a company that is constantly at battle with Apple, they place no importance on ordering from their own website.

Those of us that ordered from Samsung.com should receive our phones the same time all the t-mobile folks are, if not sooner. Logically thinking.

I'm not sure if carriers pay them more, per device, but my $900+, paid in full, must not be enough to warrant excellent customer service.
Yep, not so sure we should count on the customer service people knowing anything. I ordered around 7 or 8 a.m. the first day of pre-order and when I contacted customer service Friday they were clueless. I got the same dumb response of 1st week in September, but you could tell with their other responses to my questions that they didn't know anything. They had the audacity to tell me no one, not even the carriers were getting their phones until the 1st of September. That's when I knew they didn't have a clue. But I agree you would think that they would build up their customer service to match Apple. I don't mind if I don't get it till Friday but if it is the 1st week of Sept it is going to be the last time I order from them.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

Actually, logically thinking, Samsung is not likely to jump ahead of the deals they made with the Carriers.
I expect it by the 19th, any sooner a pleasant surprise.

It's the same reason they don't undercut the price that Carriers offer - even though they could

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh well, at least I don't have to wait months on my sd card. Got that almost just a couple of days after I placed the order.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

This makes no sense, and is a bit of 1st world privilege, imo. No offense. Because when you sit and logically think about it, you aren't supposed to (or rather weren't promised) get it any sooner than the 19th.

Sammie can't speak for the carriers shipping methods. And tbh, I only see carriers shipping out earlier to prevent any issues with your phone not coming on promised day. The backlash they feel as carriers is way worse than Sammie direct.

ConstantDefector

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
It's definitely first world thinking but the first world is more productive and needs things faster, else we would be second or third world. I get what you're saying and I know you get what I'm saying.

It just seems that Samsung USA would know what end they are standing on.

I ordered super fast as soon as it was available and would like for it to be here by the 19th but that September thing bothers me. I'm running a 6S Plus and "if" September is accurate for Samsung.com, then I may look at the iPhone 7. I'm itching for something new and how this experience goes will determine how I base future purchases. May make more sense to cancel and get from ATT. I honestly don't know. Just really eager is all.

I hope the September time frame is just really bad info. We'll see this week :)

Last edited:

daveappen

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone ever pre-ordered through Samsung.com for previous phone releases? Do they have a track record of delivering before/on/after the official release date?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar