Not impressed, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys. I have had every single Note from 1 to 5 the same week of release. However, I will be skipping the 7. I have played with the phone on 4 different occasions and each time I come out underwhelmed.

I am not saying that the Note 5 is better than the 7, that would be ignorant of the facts. I do think that the 5 feels more solid and seems to be better constructed as I can almost see between the seams of the 7. The 7 also feels a bit like plastic as opposed to glass.
The S pen that most said now feels like a real pen is actually even thinner and actually feels less of a real pen to me. Even though the tip is slimmer, to me, it's too slim as I don't know any normal pens with a top that skinny. The speed and feel when you write feels no faster or different to me. I actually prefer the pen on the 5.

I could go on and on. But to summarize my thoughts, I think that the Note 7 is seriously overrated and not that much of an upgrade, at least for me. For instance, I have never water damaged my phone in 17 years of cell phone ownership. The fingerprint scanner is faster and more practical than the Iris scanner. Bigger battery but it will still suck, especially after a few months..Suffice it to say that I will be keeping my 5 and after trying to like the 7, I feel that much better about my choice.

I am by no means here to spoil everyone's excitement, as there is obviously an abundance of it. I am just a bit curious if I am the only one who have made these observations or feel this way. I doesn't help that I am pissed at Samsung for intentionally gimping the Note 5 on battery and storage to sell the 7, as well as forcing us to deal with a curved screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey, it's your money, you can spend on your choice.
Everyone is entitled to there opinion.

Posted from Android Central.
on Samsung Galaxy s5

Last edited:

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I have had every single Note from 1 to 5 the same week of release. However, I will be skipping the 7. I have played with the phone on 4 different occasions and each time I come out underwhelmed.

I am not saying that the Note 5 is better than the 7, that would be ignorant of the facts. I do think that the 5 feels more solid and seems to be better constructed as I can almost see between the seams of the 7. The 7 also feels a bit like plastic as opposed to glass.
The S pen that most said now feels like a real pen is actually even thinner and actually feels less of a real pen to me. Even though the tip is slimmer, to me, it's too slim as I don't know any normal pens with a top that skinny. The speed and feel when you write feels no faster or different to me. I actually prefer the pen on the 5.

I could go on and on. But to summarize my thoughts, I think that the Note 7 is seriously overrated and not that much of an upgrade, at least for me. For instance, I have never water damaged my phone in 17 years of cell phone ownership. The fingerprint scanner is faster and more practical than the Iris scanner. Bigger battery but it will still suck, especially after a few months..Suffice it to say that I will be keeping my 5 and after trying to like the 7, I feel that much better about my choice.

I am by no means here to spoil everyone's excitement, as there is obviously an abundance of it. I am just a bit curious if I am the only one who have made these observations or feel this way. I doesn't help that I am pissed at Samsung for intentionally gimping the Note 5 on battery and storage to sell the 7, as well as forcing us to deal with a curved screen.

Yes... Yes you are the only one.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
We all have different tastes. It sounds like the N7 didn't do it for you, and that's fine. Good luck , I am sure there will be many other fine choices too. And, the Note 5 is awesome ( I have it).

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I would imagine a move from Note 5 to 7 is not a huge jump... because the 7 is really a Note 6 ;) Just like I imagine iPhone 6+ owners wont be a huge jump to go to 7 either and better waiting until iPhone 8. If I were you I'd hold off until Note 8... and by that time might find out if the Iphone 8/Plus lives up to the hype.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
No need to apologize to us - none of us are affected by your choice. I'm sure there must be others who feel the same. Enjoy your Note 5!

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Your'e darn right you should apologize!

You don't like our choice of phones!

How dare you?!

Just kidding. Perhaps next year's note 8 will move you! BTW just those few features alone wouldn't do for me either, but there are oh so many more! :)

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
It's up to you, but i am curious how you Know the battery is going to suck?

It is def going to outlast the note6 lol!

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Even if you were here to spoil everyone's excitement, it wouldn't work. It's an amazing device. It doesn't mean everyone will like it. If you can stick with last year's hardware, more power to you.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
.................. I am being as pragmatic as possible and can not rationalize how this device does not impress to some degree. How could the Note 5 be better? Great device, but seems no comparison with specs and features. Well whatever, nevermind.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Just being the Devils advocate for a minute. I am not a Troll. I had more Notes than 90% of this forum.. Lol.. I ordered my first one out of Europe in the 1st week of release, when it wasn't in the US. I am also peeved how Samsung is dumbing down the NOTE line to push the Galaxy S phones to the forefront.
Back in the day, you always knew the new Note would be leagues ahead of any existing device and would probably be the best phone money could buy for at least 6 months into the future. Now we are getting a mere new edition of a six month old Galaxy S line.
Consider that we don't even have the option of a flat screen like the Galaxy S line and my point becomes pretty credible. I think that most are just excited that Sammy gave us back what we should have never lost in the first place battery and memory. Great marketing strategy, genius actually.
I have had every single top phone available in the past 6 or so years. I use to sell them. I sold 100 phones in less than 5 months a few years ago. I currently carry 5 phones, own 4 smart watches, but always know that my Note is my main and real phone, nothing else is even an option. I would never actually consider any other phone to be my main driver.
It's just that I am gonna hold on to this particular one for a little bit longer. Would take a look at the iPhone 7, again as a second phone, but that looks boring and more of the same as the current version. Perhaps 2017 for both a new Note and or IPhone.

But guys don't get me wrong. Enjoy your Notes 7. Your feedback, which I appreciate, is overwhelming lol.. I am the only one..

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Like others have said - it's your money and ultimately your decision on what device is best for you. There will always be something bigger and better around the corner.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for sharing?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just being the Devils advocate for a minute. I am not a Troll. I had more Notes than 90% of this forum.. Lol.. I ordered my first one out of Europe in the 1st week of release, when it wasn't in the US. I am also peeved how Samsung is dumbing down the NOTE line to push the Galaxy S phones to the forefront.
Back in the day, you always knew the new Note would be leagues ahead of any existing device and would probably be the best phone money could buy for at least 6 months into the future. Now we are getting a mere new edition of a six month old Galaxy S line.
Consider that we don't even have the option of a flat screen like the Galaxy S line and my point becomes pretty credible. I think that most are just excited that Sammy gave us back what we should have never lost in the first place battery and memory. Great marketing strategy, genius actually.
I have had every single top phone available in the past 6 or so years. I use to sell them. I sold 100 phones in less than 5 months a few years ago. I currently carry 5 phones, own 4 smart watches, but always know that my Note is my main and real phone, nothing else is even an option. I would never actually consider any other phone to be my main driver.
It's just that I am gonna hold on to this particular one for a little bit longer. Would take a look at the iPhone 7, again as a second phone, but that looks boring and more of the same as the current version. Perhaps 2017 for both a new Note and or IPhone.

But guys don't get me wrong. Enjoy your Notes 7. Your feedback, which I appreciate, is overwhelming lol.. I am the only one..

Not sure why you felt compelled to share this on an enthusiast forum... Do you want someone to talk to you into the purchase?

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
It sounds like you were torn and tried very hard to find reasons not to upgrade. But you will regret it if your a tech junky like me lol Im on the every six month new device binge between the S model and the Notes. You know that free 256GB memory card or gear fit 2 offer sounds great!

S7 edge...Soon to be Note 7!

eckono38

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
My biggest gripe with the Note 7 is RAM management. I hope Samsung addresses this fast, and I also hope this phone gets upgraded to Android 7.0 relatively quick. I can't knock you for your opinion though. I actually prefer iOS, but I like Android. I'm a fan of tech in general. I ordered the note 7 and am ordering the iPhone 7 Plus/Pro as well.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like you were torn and tried very hard to find reasons not to upgrade. But you will regret it if your a tech junky like me lol Im on the every six month new device binge between the S model and the Notes. You know that free 256GB memory card or gear fit 2 offer sounds great!

S7 edge...Soon to be Note 7!

Lmao.. I vowed I would never get the 5 due to disappointment on release day.. I got it the first day it was available. Thought I would do the same with the 7 but I think Samsung has pissed me off with their obvious strategy.. Not to mention that my 5 is paid off..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam