Not impressed, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe with the Note 7 is RAM management. I hope Samsung addresses this fast, and I also hope this phone gets upgraded to Android 7.0 relatively quick. I can't knock you for your opinion though. I actually prefer iOS, but I like Android. I'm a fan of tech in general. I ordered the note 7 and am ordering the iPhone 7 Plus/Pro as well.

If the iPhone 7 pro/plus came with a pen, I would jump on it. Samsung has had me hostage with this darn spen. No matter how great a phone is as there are many great options with nice big screens and excellent cameras, if no pen, no go. I am finding myself desperately looking at Chinese phones from the likes of Huawei and others searching for a note knockoff.. Lol... A couple of them have note in the name, but no pen.. Smh..

Posted via the Android Central App

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Back in the day, you always knew the new Note would be leagues ahead of any existing device and would probably be the best phone money could buy for at least 6 months into the future. Now we are getting a mere new edition of a six month old Galaxy S line.

There is a reason for that 6 month thing you noted(pun not intended:p) is because there was a 6 mo gap between the Galaxy S & the Galaxy Note series in most of those years. Then factor the leaps & bounds tech was coming along & it makes sense. Current year there is a 4 mo window from release from the S7 to announcing the Note series. While tech is always moving forward & they are definitely making gains each yr. Things do not seem like night & day as it did when the S2 Skyrocket & S3 for example or Note 3 to Note 4. All just my opinion & thinking the decision to launch the Note before the iphone was wise even though it narrows the development/production window between the S series & Note.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Besides taking away removable battery and sdcard on the note5, they didnt dumb down the note line, what they have done is catch the S series up to the note line.. now that's my opinion, and i won't try to accredit it with how many phones i have had or other stuff.

Sounds like you don't want it, and that's fine, the reasons you don't want it are up to you.

What makes your argument less credible is when you say things like "i know the battery is going to suck" and the comment about 90 percent of the other people on the forum.

It's your money, it's your choice, more power to ya, just don't insult us by claiming to be in the know over 90 percent of us. Those of us who love playing with phones but are still idiots compared to you don't like being reminded we are mere mortals lol

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
With respect to your opinion but .................
5f521ece6e1cd000521f0df8d200d39a.gif

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I read in various phone forums posts how people have multiple phones and now curious and like to ask those that do... do you have multiple lines or are you swapping sims depending on the mood/situation?

I've always had one phone to do everything and am thinking of getting a Note 7 but I run a lot every week and not looking forward to the idea of taking it with me on run in a running belt or something and having an iPhone 5 as my run phone. But the hassle of swapping sims all the time? ??????

My biggest gripe with the Note 7 is RAM management. I hope Samsung addresses this fast, and I also hope this phone gets upgraded to Android 7.0 relatively quick. I can't knock you for your opinion though. I actually prefer iOS, but I like Android. I'm a fan of tech in general. I ordered the note 7 and am ordering the iPhone 7 Plus/Pro as well.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
There is a reason for that 6 month thing you noted(pun not intended:p) is because there was a 6 mo gap between the Galaxy S & the Galaxy Note series in most of those years. Then factor the leaps & bounds tech was coming along & it makes sense. Current year there is a 4 mo window from release from the S7 to announcing the Note series. While tech is always moving forward & they are definitely making gains each yr. Things do not seem like night & day as it did when the S2 Skyrocket & S3 for example or Note 3 to Note 4. All just my opinion & thinking the decision to launch the Note before the iphone was wise even though it narrows the development/production window between the S series & Note.

So you are saying 128gb memory wasn't available when they manufacturered the Note 5? They sure stuffed 138 gb into the much earlier Galaxy S6, an afterthought phone for the real power users. . A larger battery was also available but never implemented.. Just stating the facts.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I read in various phone forums posts how people have multiple phones and now curious and like to ask those that do... do you have multiple lines or are you swapping sims depending on the mood/situation?

I've always had one phone to do everything and am thinking of getting a Note 7 but I run a lot every week and not looking forward to the idea of taking it with me on run in a running belt or something and having an iPhone 5 as my run phone. But the hassle of swapping sims all the time? 😕

With Sprint, I would just switch the lines either online myself or by calling g customer service. I had to switch kine all the time to test phones a d to tie down iPhones to my line, when I sold phones.

Currently with AT&T, which I was forced to go to when Sprint told me they were done with two year agreements when I tried to get the Note on release day, I have two sims. One suppose to be for my Gear S watch but hey... Lol...

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well maybe you can see it that they didn't catch up the S series to Note... they brought Note to S series by not introducing more next level specs... like newer CPU, etc because in past Notes introduced new specs and then the S series usually caught up with their next phone right? Maybe that's why OP wasn that excited ??????. It's clear Samsung is bringing the two together to create 3'models in one series... 7 series. Next year there will be an Galaxy 8 series with the 8, 8 edge and 8 Note (or Note 8) and they'll share similar specs.

Besides taking away removable battery and sdcard on the note5, they didnt dumb down the note line, what they have done is catch the S series up to the note line.. now that's my opinion, and i won't try to accredit it with how many phones i have had or other stuff.

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That's cool with sprint you can do that online ????????????

I'm with AT&T too! Do you mean I can ask them to assign two sims to same telephone number and I can switch between the two anytime? (Guessing one would have to be turned off while other is in use? That would be awesome if that's doable.

With Sprint, I would just switch the lines either online myself or by calling g customer service. I had to switch kine all the time to test phones a d to tie down iPhones to my line, when I sold phones.

Currently with AT&T, which I was forced to go to when Sprint told me they were done with two year agreements when I tried to get the Note on release day, I have two sims. One suppose to be for my Gear S watch but hey... Lol...

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I have had every single Note from 1 to 5 the same week of release. However, I will be skipping the 7. I have played with the phone on 4 different occasions and each time I come out underwhelmed.

I am not saying that the Note 5 is better than the 7, that would be ignorant of the facts. I do think that the 5 feels more solid and seems to be better constructed as I can almost see between the seams of the 7. The 7 also feels a bit like plastic as opposed to glass.
The S pen that most said now feels like a real pen is actually even thinner and actually feels less of a real pen to me. Even though the tip is slimmer, to me, it's too slim as I don't know any normal pens with a top that skinny. The speed and feel when you write feels no faster or different to me. I actually prefer the pen on the 5.

I could go on and on. But to summarize my thoughts, I think that the Note 7 is seriously overrated and not that much of an upgrade, at least for me. For instance, I have never water damaged my phone in 17 years of cell phone ownership. The fingerprint scanner is faster and more practical than the Iris scanner. Bigger battery but it will still suck, especially after a few months..Suffice it to say that I will be keeping my 5 and after trying to like the 7, I feel that much better about my choice.

I am by no means here to spoil everyone's excitement, as there is obviously an abundance of it. I am just a bit curious if I am the only one who have made these observations or feel this way. I doesn't help that I am pissed at Samsung for intentionally gimping the Note 5 on battery and storage to sell the 7, as well as forcing us to deal with a curved screen.

We really didn't need another complaint/disappointed thread.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure why you felt compelled to share this on an enthusiast forum... Do you want someone to talk to you into the purchase?

Since when is this an "enthusiast" forum? Isn't it a forum of opinions and give and take? Or am I wrong?

I'm just shocked at the negativity towards an opinion different then theirs.

Posted via the *Note 5*

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well maybe you can see it that they didn't catch up the S series to Note... they brought Note to S series by not introducing more next level specs... like newer CPU, etc because in past Notes introduced new specs and then the S series usually caught up with their next phone right? Maybe that's why OP wasn that excited 😕. It's clear Samsung is bringing the two together to create 3'models in one series... 7 series. Next year there will be an Galaxy 8 series with the 8, 8 edge and 8 Note (or Note 8) and they'll share similar specs.

Exactly. Maybe I was spoiled.. Lol

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That's cool with sprint you can do that online 👍🏻

I'm with AT&T too! Do you mean I can ask them to assign two sims to same telephone number and I can switch between the two anytime? (Guessing one would have to be turned off while other is in use? That would be awesome if that's doable.

No, the two sims are independent and each have their own numbers. I got a phone I can put both in. But usually, I keep my Note sim untouched and switch the other sim between the other phones.
Guys, I really apologize for all these typos. I swear the auto correct waits until you double check and then look away to the next word before it changes your words to what it wants.. Lol... I am typing from phone..

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like you don't want it, and that's fine, the reasons you don't want it are up to you.

What makes your argument less credible is when you say things like "i know the battery is going to suck" and the comment about 90 percent of the other people on the forum.

It's your money, it's your choice, more power to ya, just don't insult us by claiming to be in the know over 90 percent of us. Those of us who love playing with phones but are still idiots compared to you don't like being reminded we are mere mortals lol

Never said I knew more than 90 percent. Said I had more Notes, all of them, than 90 percent. Very few of this forum had every single Note. Well for one, the first Note wasn't available in the US until 4 to 5 months after release and even then, only on ATT, I remember like yesterday. People were laughing at me at work talking about me and my giant phone.. Lol.. That statement was merely for those who thought I was trolling and didn't respect my opinion. Just to suggest credibility and if nothing else a certain level of authority on the topic. Of course we all share different opinions. I knew I was against the the grain but felt compelled to state my opinion. I am I the top tier of Note fanatics.. Lol...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well maybe you can see it that they didn't catch up the S series to Note... they brought Note to S series by not introducing more next level specs... like newer CPU, etc because in past Notes introduced new specs and then the S series usually caught up with their next phone right? Maybe that's why OP wasn that excited 😕. It's clear Samsung is bringing the two together to create 3'models in one series... 7 series. Next year there will be an Galaxy 8 series with the 8, 8 edge and 8 Note (or Note 8) and they'll share similar specs.
There is already a Galaxy Note 8, has been for years. It's a tablet. It looked just like the Galaxy Note 2, but 8 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy