Not impressed, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I have had every single Note from 1 to 5 the same week of release. However, I will be skipping the 7. I have played with the phone on 4 different occasions and each time I come out underwhelmed.

I am not saying that the Note 5 is better than the 7, that would be ignorant of the facts. I do think that the 5 feels more solid and seems to be better constructed as I can almost see between the seams of the 7. The 7 also feels a bit like plastic as opposed to glass.
The S pen that most said now feels like a real pen is actually even thinner and actually feels less of a real pen to me. Even though the tip is slimmer, to me, it's too slim as I don't know any normal pens with a top that skinny. The speed and feel when you write feels no faster or different to me. I actually prefer the pen on the 5.

I could go on and on. But to summarize my thoughts, I think that the Note 7 is seriously overrated and not that much of an upgrade, at least for me. For instance, I have never water damaged my phone in 17 years of cell phone ownership. The fingerprint scanner is faster and more practical than the Iris scanner. Bigger battery but it will still suck, especially after a few months..Suffice it to say that I will be keeping my 5 and after trying to like the 7, I feel that much better about my choice.

I am by no means here to spoil everyone's excitement, as there is obviously an abundance of it. I am just a bit curious if I am the only one who have made these observations or feel this way. I doesn't help that I am pissed at Samsung for intentionally gimping the Note 5 on battery and storage to sell the 7, as well as forcing us to deal with a curved screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

Don't mind the haters, I agree that the note line has gone in a much different direction than I had hoped or expected. But my note 4 caught the reboot bug on the 8th so I figure why not grab the latest and... Well, the latest :) If you post here you are trolling, but if you peek into the note 4/5 forums then you'll meet a lot of people laughing at the people here. That said, I do love the note release date since the v20 and nexus will probably drop during my return window.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I am currently using the s7 edge and love this phone until i checked out the Note 7, at best buy...Wow! What a great phone!....Very similar to the edge but I just love the spen feature!..and I thought the Nexus p was the perfect phone..NOT!...The Note 7 is the perfect phone for me!

mobilem1

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Since when is this an "enthusiast" forum? Isn't it a forum of opinions and give and take? Or am I wrong?

I'm just shocked at the negativity towards an opinion different then theirs.

Posted via the *Note 5*

I think this is an enthusiast forum. I feel, however, that enthusiasm shouldn't translate into blind support regardless of what anyone says. I think constructive criticism and dialogue can be a part of enthusiasm. The reason why Samsung changed their phones from the plastic frames to the present day glass makeup is due to criticism. Without criticism there is no reason or baseline for improvement.
Why do you think Samsung released the note 7 without dramatic upgrades from the s7 edge but still kept a premium price? Because they feel comfortable enough that with the proper packaging and marketing people will buy it regardless of those upgrades. If Samsung gets comfortable they will start to become just like Apple and one thing I hate about Apple is the way that they make decisions for customers instead of allowing individual freedom of choice. Pretty soon the way things are going the android market will be primarily Samsung devices for a premium and budget phones from everyone else.
So if someone has valid points as to why they don't want the note 7 I think there is grounds for discussion and dialogue as long as they are not just trying to stir up the masses (trolling).
Personally I am strongly considering the note 7 but I'm going to wait until more reviews come out regarding the battery life and overall performance. I work hard for my money and I want to get the most from my investments.

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Let's see Paul Allen's Note.
4e6c3268025eb37783c3ff9c5eba5912.jpg

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope, this thread ain't addin' up. The OP bought all the Notes, including the Note 5 that was hurt in sales due mainly to the sd card missing (why Samsung brought them back and invested in 256gb fabrication), but the Note 7 ain't good enough? I can see that with the Note 5, since was harsh to lose replaceable battery and sd slot at same time.

Has the OP even went to a carrier to test (not Best Buy, since their gimped demos do not impress)? The curve is more bezel slight than anything. It is so unEdge the ticker apps apparently will not work (as intended).

Nope, I want the OP frisked for contraband (iPhone Plus) ;) :)

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yep Note 8.0 Tablet... This year it's how they skipped 6 and went to 7... Next year maybe they'll skip 8 and go to 9 to avoid confusion lol.

There is already a Galaxy Note 8, has been for years. It's a tablet. It looked just like the Galaxy Note 2, but 8 inches.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Since when is this an "enthusiast" forum? Isn't it a forum of opinions and give and take? Or am I wrong?

I'm just shocked at the negativity towards an opinion different then theirs.

Posted via the *Note 5*

People aren't negative because of different opinions. People are negative because we're tired of people feeling the need to create new threads over the same topics, and repeatedly interjecting their "disappointment" all over the place.

When people post the same questions throughout the sub without searching for existing ones, people get irritated. Same goes for general complaint threads.

Hopefully you find the device you're looking for.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I have had every single Note from 1 to 5 the same week of release. However, I will be skipping the 7. I have played with the phone on 4 different occasions and each time I come out underwhelmed.

I am not saying that the Note 5 is better than the 7, that would be ignorant of the facts. I do think that the 5 feels more solid and seems to be better constructed as I can almost see between the seams of the 7. The 7 also feels a bit like plastic as opposed to glass.
The S pen that most said now feels like a real pen is actually even thinner and actually feels less of a real pen to me. Even though the tip is slimmer, to me, it's too slim as I don't know any normal pens with a top that skinny. The speed and feel when you write feels no faster or different to me. I actually prefer the pen on the 5.

I could go on and on. But to summarize my thoughts, I think that the Note 7 is seriously overrated and not that much of an upgrade, at least for me. For instance, I have never water damaged my phone in 17 years of cell phone ownership. The fingerprint scanner is faster and more practical than the Iris scanner. Bigger battery but it will still suck, especially after a few months..Suffice it to say that I will be keeping my 5 and after trying to like the 7, I feel that much better about my choice.

I am by no means here to spoil everyone's excitement, as there is obviously an abundance of it. I am just a bit curious if I am the only one who have made these observations or feel this way. I doesn't help that I am pissed at Samsung for intentionally gimping the Note 5 on battery and storage to sell the 7, as well as forcing us to deal with a curved screen.

They don't expect you to upgrade. Those who upgrade every year, yes it isn't a "huge update" they are aiming for those with 2 year old phones.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
These "not impressed" threads show up every Samsung release. They really shouldn't surprise anyone anymore. People say they don't like them, but they always wind up with more responses they any other threads, because of people defending the phone, and the person coming back to justify his/her original post. These types of threads will continue to show up as long as they get people going.

Man, there were so many of these threads when the S7 was announced. And I think fans have to learn to take the good with the bad.

Ultimately, it doesn't effect a thing either way. The Note 7 will probably be phone of the year, despite some disappointed former fans.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If my note 5 was 64g I think I would just keep it for another year. Nonetheless, I am exited for the 7. It addresses pretty much any minor shortcomings that the note 5 had. I don't really get the complaint that it's just a bigger s7 or s7 edge. People that really use the s pen and fully use the note I just can't imagine the S line being a real option for people.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So it used to be that the Note was released six months after the S series. This year the Note is being released four months after the S Series and is carrying a lot of the same hardware. My guess is that next year's Note will be released within two months of the S Series and will basically start lining up with the S Series soon.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
So it used to be that the Note was released six months after the S series. This year the Note is being released four months after the S Series and is carrying a lot of the same hardware. My guess is that next year's Note will be released within two months of the S Series and will basically start lining up with the S Series soon.

Honestly, I don't disagree. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually both S phones are released together, one regular and one for S-Pen lovers, setting the stage for a brand new fall flagship, which we already know is in development.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
These "not impressed" threads show up every Samsung release. They really shouldn't surprise anyone anymore. People say they don't like them, but they always wind up with more responses they any other threads, because of people defending the phone, and the person coming back to justify his/her original post. These types of threads will continue to show up as long as they get people going.

Man, there were so many of these threads when the S7 was announced. And I think fans have to learn to take the good with the bad.

Ultimately, it doesn't effect a thing either way. The Note 7 will probably be phone of the year, despite some disappointed former fans.

Not only in Samsung, I see these threads in every forum. There can't be any phone forum where there aren't threads like this. This is not the first and definitely not the last.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
OP, it's perfectly fine to express your opinion. There's nothing wrong with expressing what you think of a particular device or anything. We're all here to share our own thoughts. ;)

Also, a little reminder to everyone to keep it civil. We can have a nice friendly debate that can help us learn more and understand topics better, but only if everyone cooperates and keeps the discussion civil. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc