08-17-2016 02:12 PM
74 123
tools
    If I get higher than 4 I will be happy. My S7E has been consistent at 3 since a week or so ago and I am not sure what changed. Was going to do a factory reset but since I am now getting the Note I won't be and will just set the Note up as new. I think I have a rogue app that I installed that is doing something, but my highest battery drain is Android System at about 40% per day. Fast charging everywhere I go helps though. I use an Android Wear watch, bluetooth headphones and generally am connected to WiFi all day with WiFi calling turned on so maybe that is the culprit but I have no clue. I want to approach 5 hours but I will have to do more tweaking to try to get close to that. I don't want to shut anything off either because what is the point of owning a phone if you can't use all of its features?
    08-16-2016 07:34 AM
    SOT will likely be about 5.2 hours (average) based on hardware and battery size comparison to the 7E. The first review by a person that actually has the device and has done credible reviews in the past states getting nearly six hours SOT.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-note-7-a.html
    08-16-2016 07:48 AM
    And then I read another credible reviewer that is getting four hours SOT. Wahh wahhhhh!

PocketNow reviewer thinks it has to do with weaker signal areas with LTE. This and Qualcomm's rep for less than stellar radios sadly makes some sense.
    08-16-2016 09:22 AM
    SOT will likely be about 5.2 hours (average) based on hardware and battery size comparison to the 7E. The first review by a person that actually has the device and has done credible reviews in the past states getting nearly six hours SOT.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-note-7-a.html
    Hes using exynos. As stated by a couple in here, snapdragon is looking like 4/4.5 with general usage. Its a subjective thing but this is now the 5/6th review ive seen (a ton released in the past couple hours) that states 4 hours. In fact he said he hasnt gone over 4 hours in the entire week hes had it. Hes in love with the phone and has no reason to lie. Yes he suggests it may be poor signal however it correlates with all the other reviewers. It would be slightly stupid to discredit the 4 hour SOT seeing that so many different reviewers have said this. Id say its looking like 4-5 hours maximum on snapdragon and 4.5-6 on exynos. In general that is. Over the course of a day, so no crazy 30 hour standbys.

Here is the new pocket now review:
    08-16-2016 09:25 AM
    Yep, looks like LTE could be the X factor again. Good signal, good battery life.

Looks like non LTE battery life is great, but not so much with LTE unless in good signal areas. That is where my MXPE sucks too. Well, that the LCD and the 808.
    08-16-2016 09:41 AM
    Heck after coming from an iphone 6s plus and its outstanding battery life. I now turn off the battery indicator on my S7Edge. I plan to do the same with the Note. Ill charge it when i feel like it needs it. Sammy is the far superior phone for me. I loved the battery on the apple though.
    08-16-2016 09:57 AM
    So the Note 7 is no better than any other Android phone if LTE signal is not good. It you want good battery life in weak signal areas, best to turn it off and use it when you need it. Looks like SOT is very good as long as good LTE signal.

Weak LTE signal makes all device equal power hogs.
    08-16-2016 10:08 AM
    Many of them are saying they see similar Battery life to the S7E (A/C, Verge, etc). There is no use in speculating at this point , as we will have the phone and know soon enough (he says, knowing full well he is spitting into the wind :-)
    08-16-2016 10:22 AM
    Many of them are saying they see similar Battery life to the S7E (A/C, Verge, etc). There is no use in speculating at this point , as we will have the phone and know soon enough (he says, knowing full well he is spitting into the wind :-)
    Point though is weak LTE signal pretty much makes all devices equals in the battery drain area.
    08-16-2016 10:31 AM
    Point though is weak LTE signal pretty much makes all devices equals in the battery drain area.
    True enough. I am just saying it is pointless to speculate about he battery life at all now, when we will KNOW in a week or less :-)
    rushmore and boufa like this.
    08-16-2016 10:34 AM
    True enough. I am just saying it is pointless to speculate about he battery life at all now, when we will KNOW in a week or less :-)
    yes... YMMV... I always try to caution people to not read into battery stuff online. There isn't a test, or a user, or anything out there that can replicate your usage. You alone use your apps, see the varying signal strengths that you do, etc. Even the tests that sites like Anandtech run tests and show results where a phone performs in a way that isn't even remotely close to real life usage.... so much so that I mostly dismiss the whole battery portion of their phone reviews when I read them.
    08-16-2016 11:17 AM
    michael fisher got about just under 5 hours on screen time..hardly terrible.

like anybody it all depends on signal.
    08-16-2016 01:40 PM
    There's better but the Note 7 won't be horrible. I'm guessing 4 to 6 hours SOT will be the average.
    08-16-2016 02:24 PM
    Yeah that's not new. Always been known. Bad mobile signal wreaks havoc on a battery.
    LeoRex likes this.
    08-16-2016 02:45 PM
    The usage patterns of the reviewers is hardly typical of that of an average user. I'm sure that the battery will likely be fine.
    rushmore likes this.
    08-16-2016 08:21 PM
    I'm sticking to my gunz. 5.2 hours will be average SOT. The outlier though is weak signal areas- 4 hours max.

I will turn off the retina scanner and set to 1080p. I think that alone will net me two more hours. The 1080p setting alone should help a lot more than the the software currently estimates. Take it to the bank . Not sure what currency though....

Will use 1440p mainly for VR.
    08-16-2016 08:25 PM
    AA did a review and said got about 5-6 hours on screen time
    08-16-2016 09:04 PM
    I have been using a Blackberry DTEK50 for a week while waiting on my Note 7 pre order and I'm getting over 4hrs SOT for a 2610mAh battery, 5.2" 1080p LCD screen but I would hope to get better with the Note 7.

08-16-2016 09:49 PM
    Omg... we will never know. None of us. For the 1000th time today... it's impossible to compare battery life. No.. don't even try it... nope, that doesn't work....I know what your thinking, not that way either.

The only thing you can do is to compare YOUR usage of a device to YOUR usage of another device. That's it. No other way. Literally if the review is being done in a different room of the reviewers offices, the results could be different. I work in a small 10,000 Sq foot store. If I work in the stockroom I get much better battery life than in my office.
    08-16-2016 09:51 PM
    So at a guess if I use it the same as my note 4 I'm hoping to get 20 percent more battery screen time. Is that unreasonable?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-17-2016 12:49 AM
    corny sock aside, this video seems to explain it pretty good.
    08-17-2016 01:54 AM
    I want it to be better than the Note 5. My Note 5 is dying. I got a SoT of about an hour and a half with it today.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:02 AM
    4 hours?

Count me out :-)
    08-17-2016 03:26 AM
    4 hours?

Count me out :-)
    I haven't found any decent phones that are doing much better.
    08-17-2016 02:12 PM
74 123