4 hours sot??

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
There have been a few videos with reviews out already. Seems like 4 hours is what they are getting at best. I have to say if that's it I would have to return mine. What do you guys think

Posted via the Android Central App

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm not all that big on what they say either. But I'm guessing the 4 hours isn't that far off from were it will be in real world use

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, a lot people said the SOT on the LG V10 was low as well but I consistently get 5+ hours. I'm guessing the Note 7 will be similar, especially with a larger battery.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
No, because:

1). If never trust the opinion of a group of people who would never use a phone like I would

2). I'm not some consumer-ocd driven experience monkey that arbitrarily decides that what everyone else deems as acceptable is right for me

3). Maybe there are use cases for people who are active and driving or walking around all day...but I'm an exec level employee who works from home 80% of the time and the other 20% I'm travelling. Even in airports. There are wireless charging stations everywhere....and I'm never too far from a place that I can top off my phone.

4). When I go on vacation...my phone is in airplane mode 99% of the time (or its not a vacation) and you quickly realize that without connectivity...or looking at it every 5 seconds like a spastic compulsive that working has made me into...my phones have lasted days on a single charge.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
There's also been a few reports of people getting 6-7 hours SoT. Mileage will vary, as usual. Best wait for the regular reviewers to give their input before worrying about it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
SOT times without knowing the whole picture doesn't mean much... 4 hours SOT with one week standby is pretty good. 4 hours SOT with hotspot constantly running and playing intensive games at maximum brightness is good.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Just wait till it's in everyone's hands, and then wait another week or 2 for folks to use it like they NORMALLY would - not like they do in the first day or 2. Seriously all, don't listen to any battery life reports of someone's first day of use. Also, as all the others have said, battery life will likely be somewhat different for everyone .

Many factors are part of battery life, the biggest of which, and also the things that tend to vary a lot are:
- How good of a network signal are you getting?​
- How high is your screen brightness?
- How many, how often, and for how long are background updates running (along with specific bad apps eating battery in the background). ?
- What are you doing with your SoT? Is it hours of intense gaming or video chatting which will drain the battery quite heavily, or is it just web browsing, and texting, etc, which will be far less taxing?​

The answers to those questions greatly impact one's battery life.

We'll know soon enough. But I am not going to pay attention to any of them until I get my Note 7 and compare it to my Note 5 under the same conditions - after a week or so.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
There have been a few videos with reviews out already. Seems like 4 hours is what they are getting at best. I have to say if that's it I would have to return mine. What do you guys think

1st QQ thread FTW!
Bob, tell'em what he's won.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I suspect that if it's real, it's a software issue that Samsung will fix quickly. But I doubt it's real. I don't know that the units that reviewers have are truly final. It wouldn't be the first time that Samsung has used feedback from early reviewers to fix an issue either and do so quickly.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I would like to ask you who and where are these three or four video reviews? I've tried to follow every single video out there, and so far I've seen one that talks about battery life. Pocketnow said they got 4 hours on screen time, but he speculates that it's because of signal issues where he was using the phone. So where are these other videos that you've seen?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Why would you return a phone based on other people's opinions? That's stupid to be honest. Everybody's usage is different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7