Flat screen note 7

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Nope. I'll admit, I was hesitant at first but found out the edges are minimal so it's like the best of both worlds. I also found a thin case that'll protect the screen if it falls face down.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
At first I was very annoyed that they didn't go with a flat screen option and even decided to skip the phone because of it. I hated the curved screen on my S7E. However, I played with the Note 7 at Best Buy and the edges are nowhere near as bad. It actually looks and feels great in the hand.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else wish they went with this instead?

Posted via the Android Central App

I like my s7 edge but originally didn't want the edges on my Note 7. Then the keynote came and they pushed them out so we would have more screen for the spen and I'm fine with it. I was worried that the edges would be like the s7's and now that they aren't, I'm cool with them on the note 7

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I do. Most are saying the edge is subtle but to me its the same exact edge as on the edge version. I think people are mixing up the design of the casings. The Note 7 housing is much better designed and a accommodates the edge much better.. Makes it less sharp and unconfortale. At least from my personal observation. ..

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I do. Most are saying the edge is subtle but to me its the same exact edge as on the edge version. I think people are mixing up the design of the casings. The Note 7 housing is much better designed and a accommodates the edge much better.. Makes it less sharp and unconfortale. At least from my personal observation. ..

Actually we're not. It actually a smaller edge, not a design change. And seeing the phone in person, it's extremely evident.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but in the news section comments about the Note, all of the Edge "haters" have mostly gone silent.

Something tells me a few of them have actually played with one, and realized that they were wrong lol

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but in the news section comments about the Note, all of the Edge "haters" have mostly gone silent.

Something tells me a few of them have actually played with one, and realized that they were wrong lol

I played with one 4 times. Don't particularly like it. Funny thing is, I would have chosen an s6 edge over the flat one, when Samsung first introduced the two-sided edge. I guess I wanted an option with the Note 7. I feel the screen is narrower than the flat version and less space on the Note 7. Plus things blur a little at the edges.. Just me, I guess..

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Actually we're not. It actually a smaller edge, not a design change. And seeing the phone in person, it's extremely evident.

I saw the phone 4 different times, but I may have missed it. What was evident to me because I did a direct comparison was that the S7 edges design is very different and exposes the edge much more than the Note 7 that seems to go straight down uniformly with the screen as opposed to the S7 edges body that come up at meets the screen at a wider angle.

The actual curve of the screen looks pretty identical to me. Samsung just did it much better on the Note 7. Mind you that just about everyone agrees with you but my experience was different..

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I played with one 4 times. Don't particularly like it. Funny thing is, I would have chosen an s6 edge over the flat one, when Samsung first introduced the two-sided edge. I guess I wanted an option with the Note 7. I feel the screen is narrower than the flat version and less space on the Note 7. Plus things blur a little at the edges.. Just me, I guess..

Yup, just you. There wasn't any blurring over here, maybe you happened upon all the defective ones...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton