If the Note 7 doesn't do it for me, would reverting back to 5 be silly?

Savatage79

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Here's my situation... I have an S7E, and part of me loves it and part of me hates it. I switched to Verizon and this was the premier phone to buy, but I gave up my att note 5 in the transition. I absolutely loved my note 5, just as I loved my 4 and 2.

But I'm lookin to sell my s7e and buy the 7, but obviously I'm gonna check the note 7 out first and see how it feels. I hope those who say it's edges are simply not as pronounced and better than the s7e are right. Because I simply hate edge technology, just do.. I think it's as useless as curved tvs. I just hate zero use for it and it distorts the screens a but on certain sites and forums. I'm simply not a fan, so I'm hoping the 7 gives me more of a note feel.

If tho it doesn't quite do it for me. Would I be silly to go back to a note 5, and just hang tight until note 8?

I guess I feel to go back to older tech is probably not what most would do, but I dunno... Id still be using my note 5 if I didn't switch to Verizon. So not sure.

What do you guys say, how many have the 5 and think it's still better than the 7 or s7e?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Here's my situation... I have an S7E, and part of me loves it and part of me hates it. I switched to Verizon and this was the premier phone to buy, but I gave up my att note 5 in the transition. I absolutely loved my note 5, just as I loved my 4 and 2.

But I'm lookin to sell my s7e and buy the 7, but obviously I'm gonna check the note 7 out first and see how it feels. I hope those who say it's edges are simply not as pronounced and better than the s7e are right. Because I simply hate edge technology, just do.. I think it's as useless as curved tvs. I just hate zero use for it and it distorts the screens a but on certain sites and forums. I'm simply not a fan, so I'm hoping the 7 gives me more of a note feel.

If tho it doesn't quite do it for me. Would I be silly to go back to a note 5, and just hang tight until note 8?

I guess I feel to go back to older tech is probably not what most would do, but I dunno... Id still be using my note 5 if I didn't switch to Verizon. So not sure.

What do you guys say, how many have the 5 and think it's still better than the 7 or s7e?

Why didn't you just get the note 5 on verizon when you switched? Seems like if you enjoyed the note, it is silly to go with a device you clearly aren't a fan of. And the note 7 edges are nowhere near what they are on the s7 edge. Barely noticeable and actually is beneficial to make the note feel smaller than it is.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
If you wanted to go back to the note5 there is no reason why you shouldn't.

The s7 edge i am using at the moment is an awesome phone, but it is not a note by any means. Not better or worse, just not a note.

I have missed the s pen over the last month when i got this s7edge and gave my note5 to one of my kids, i cant wait to get the note7 and have a note again.

It's all personal preference, and sometimes we get new things and then wish we had kept the old thing lol, lesson learned.

Good luck

Posted via the Android Central App

Savatage79

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Why didn't you just get the note 5 on verizon when you switched? Seems like if you enjoyed the note, it is silly to go with a device you clearly aren't a fan of. And the note 7 edges are nowhere near what they are on the s7 edge. Barely noticeable and actually is beneficial to make the note feel smaller than it is.

Mainly to try something new. I wanted more power in my phone, faster browsing etc... But it doesn't feel that much faster I've found overall. But yea just was wanting to try a new phone is all.

I just wanted to try it and like I said there's stuff I enjoy and stuff I don't about the edge, but I hate edge technology.

I guess I'll have my final verdict when I get hands on a note 7 In a few days, but yea maybe going back to note 5 is what would truly make me happy.

I'm really disappointed they didn't make a flat screen note 7.

But I was just curious if anyone else had a s7 edge and ultimately went back to a note 5 or switched to the note 7 and is a lot happier

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The screen not being flat on the Note 7 shouldn't be an issue. I played with a Note 7 yesterday and it was probably the most comfortable smartphone to hold that I've ever used. The rounded glass is nothing like the S7 Edge + so it shouldn't be compared to that.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I'll just paste in what I just stated on another AT&T thread here about the Note 7. I am really interested in the Note 7 and like what I see but have been using a Note 5 for just over a year and love it as well. I quote

"I really want a Note 7 but I couldn't Pre-order - they wanted me to move up to a 15 GB/Month Plan - I'm on a 5 GB/Month Plan with my Note 5 and not using all of it - I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $50.00 more per month for data I'm not going to use. I'd rather just buy the phone outright Friday and have them just put it in place of the Note 5. If they won't do that - they won't be selling me a Note 7! I'll just suffer along for the next couple years with my PERFECTLY WORKING and PAID FOR Note 5!"

EDIT: 8/15/16 - AT&T states they will honor my 5 GB plan and insert the Note 7 into that plan in place of my Note 5!

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It does not have the same edges. I was concerned too and played with it at Verizon. I actually love it and can't wait to have it in my hands.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
You are the one that is going to use the device (NO ONE ELSE). If the N5 works for you, then that's all that matters.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's silly. I would keep my note 5 if I had the 64gb version. I'm still excited for the next though. I think there are a lot of nice upgrades, nothing that jumps off the page but will make a great phone.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
This phone cost too much to be on the fence. Just go with the 5 and be happy. Worst case you can pick this one up later when it's $300 less.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It does not have the same edges. I was concerned too and played with it at Verizon. I actually love it and can't wait to have it in my hands.

Ditto Jude - Twenty minutes today at AT&T Store - edges are no problem now that I've held it. COME ON FRIDAY, Baby!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

In what way would the Note 5 be better than the Note 7? No IP68 rating, no microSD card slot, no iris scanner, the camera sucks compared to Note 7...

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
In what way would the Note 5 be better than the Note 7? No IP68 rating, no microSD card slot, no iris scanner, the camera sucks compared to Note 7...

The Note 5 has the Wolffson DAC, while the Note7 has an unknown so far aqstic add on to the SD820. The Note 5's camera is excellent. Maybe the Note 7 is slightly better, but mostly only in low light.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX