09-11-2016 02:58 PM
172 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Friends don't let friends wear skinny jeans. And even the Nexus 6 has no issues being carried in normal jeans pockets, so the Note 7 and all these other smaller devices should have no problem.
    jayp1306 likes this.
    08-15-2016 01:05 PM
    Friends don't let friends wear skinny jeans. And even the Nexus 6 has no issues being carried in normal jeans pockets, so the Note 7 and all these other smaller devices should have no problem.
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I love my skinnies!
    08-15-2016 01:13 PM
    When Im out and about with my family, I throw my wallet, keys, phone (soon to be Note 7), etc into my messenger bag for comfortable, and mobility instead of stuffing my pockets and not being able to walk/sit down. My wife makes fun of my bag all the time. Was wondering what other guys out there are doing to carry their "stuff" around instead of just shoving things into their pockets.
    I carry my wallet, keys, phone, and a handkerchief in my pockets when I'm out. At one time I used to wear a belt clip to keep my phone in, but I got a new case a while back and switched to carrying it in my pocket. In hindsight it wasn't the best idea because once or twice I accidentally put my keys in that same pocket and the keys or something else I had in there scuffed/scratched up the screen protector. I'm undecided if I'm going to carry my new Note 7 in my pocket. I'll probably go back to wearing a belt clip with it since that will keep it in better condition than my pocket would.

I went on a business trip a couple of weeks ago, and I took some new pants as well as my Asus Zenpad 8.0s 580CA with case and S-pen with me. I was surprised to find during my trip that I was actually able to fit the tablet with pen and case in my pocket quite easily.

Usually when traveling (with books) I'll take a backpack. If I'm going for a more professional trip (like the one a couple of weeks ago) I'll take a laptop/notebook bag.
    I've never used a "messenger bag" like you use. I think it depends what type of person you look (and give off the impression of) as far as if you can pull off the look or not. I think it worked for Indiana Jones / Harrison Ford, but if you look (or behave) like the the guy from Hangover (that someone posted a picture of) then I'd say its not a good look for you.
    Inders99 likes this.
    08-15-2016 02:49 PM
    Phone in left front pocket.
    License and cards right front pocket.
    Single car key on belt loop.
    Weapon is inside the waist carry.
    Folding knife in right rear pocket.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    08-15-2016 03:05 PM
    That's why it pays to be the same size as an NFL lineman.... pockets big enough to satisfy the cargo requirements for your average Mt Everest expidition.
    08-15-2016 03:08 PM
    If I was to start carrying a purse, I don't even know where i'd start looking for one. Or what is desirable in today's popular lineup of purse features. I'm totally out of the loop on that. I'd probably have to carry one for a few years and visit a handful of boutiques to get a better understanding of what would work for me.
    08-15-2016 03:24 PM
    it's NOT a purse.. it's a european carryall... haha!
    Oh you mean the black leather thing with the strap?
    08-15-2016 03:26 PM
    I put things in my pockets and don't wear skinny jeans. I normally wear cargo shorts
    +1 for cargos
    08-15-2016 03:33 PM
    Shirt pocket with phone, earphones, pen, and sometimes wallet and keys

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2016 04:06 PM
    Looks like this

Attached Thumbnails For the guys - how do you carry your gear?-5417.jpg ย 
    anon(27512) likes this.
    08-15-2016 04:08 PM
    Cool thread.... I think mods and OP should consider moving it to the general forum. what I EDC changes depending on activity. I manage to carry everything on my utility belt and baggy cargo shorts / pants or lose fitting jeans with capable pockets. No skinny boy jeans for me...

Daily work carry...
    Key-ring:
    Swiss Army knife
    Fenix E0 Dart

Utility belt:
    4Sevens Quark 1AA-T
    Letherman Wav

On my Wrist:
    Moto 360 2.0, 46mm

In my pockets
    LGV10-Otterbox defender
    Extra batteries in my wallet in a plastic bag

Compacts down nicely:

Weekend carry:
    Knife replaces Leatherman / flashlight on belt.

Boy scout camping weekend. I am a parent volunteer for my sons troop.
    Leatherman Blast is my best multi tool. It has a plastic liner so its very light weight, it also has a nice wood saw which works great for cutting notches and sparking a ferro rod.
    Large fixed blade knife for wood processing. I don't carry a small pocket knife, the leatherman is good enough for that.
    pjbelsch likes this.
    08-15-2016 04:44 PM
    It depends on what I'm doing. Generally I don't require anything other than my pockets for every day activities. When I commute I take the bag which suits my needs. I often spend Saturdays in NYC so I have a really comfortable large Steve Madden backpack that I generally use. It's perfect for a lot of walking and roomy enough to fit a purchase or 2 in. Sometimes I play soccer in Central with my friends and so I have a Puma dufflebag that suits my needs better on those days. I have an older Jordan backpack that I use for the beach and a Tumi weekender for when I stay overnight. It all depends on the situation. My motto is that if I like it and I think it looks good I'll buy it. I don't care what other people think. Buy what you want and use it with confidence. Simple as that IMO.
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-15-2016 05:08 PM
    Wow you dudes have some serious man-baggage!!
    SteelGator likes this.
    08-15-2016 05:14 PM
    It depends on what I'm doing. Generally I don't require anything other than my pockets for every day activities. When I commute I take the bag which suits my needs. I often spend Saturdays in NYC so I have a really comfortable large Steve Madden backpack that I generally use. It's perfect for a lot of walking and roomy enough to fit a purchase or 2 in. Sometimes I play soccer in Central with my friends and so I have a Puma dufflebag that suits my needs better on those days. I have an older Jordan backpack that I use for the beach and a Tumi weekender for when I stay overnight. It all depends on the situation. My motto is that if I like it and I think it looks good I'll buy it. I don't care what other people think. Buy what you want and use it with confidence. Simple as that IMO.
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-15-2016 05:14 PM
    Pockets for phone, and leather messenger bag for pc, tablet, etc.

08-15-2016 05:57 PM
    I wear cargo shorts or shorts with pockets designed for phones. My phone is always in a pocket by itself. At work I usually have an Otterbox defender, so it's on my hip. Outside of work there's usually a pistol on that hip so it goes in the front pocket all by itself.
    08-15-2016 06:06 PM
    Nice vertical pouch do you have a link

08-15-2016 08:24 PM
    Tell you a story: I've always used a belt-Phone pouch. But I swithed to SGs7
    that is Not too big 5.1" But can't find the right pouch,.Got recently one
    on the Dollar Store lastMe 1mo. Then the belt click fell down

Now carry my Phone on my left front pocket, but the toy turns on by itself.
    Believe or Not the last time-Displayed an installed app without
    move a finger-Hehe!. Use a Belt pouch is secure-Bye
    08-15-2016 08:57 PM
    Nobody cares that you're in Vegas. SIKE. I'M JEALOUS! LoL Have fun. I don't gamble, but it seems like such a fun city!
    I don't gamble much but.... I spent 5 bucks and won $2,258 :x.
    08-15-2016 09:02 PM
    I don't gamble much but.... I spent 5 bucks and won $2,258 :x.
    Shut. Up. REALLY?! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ‰
    Sam_Gs7 and Almeuit like this.
    08-16-2016 12:37 AM
    For the guys - how do you carry your gear?-image.jpeg
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-16-2016 12:45 AM
    Use a purse hate it though. I woudn't mind using a fanny. Just have to find one nice and small enough to fit this massive phone lol..

Sometime i use one of my kids as a Mule. here carry all this stuff in your bag for mommy. haha
    I mainly carry 5 things. Keys, sun glasses, phone, gear s2, wallet.
    I use an S clip for my keys and trained myself to clip them to my belt loops otherwise i'll lose them. I sound like a janitor, everywhere i go. just jingling around.
    Phone goes in front or back pocket, which ever is bigger. same with wallet.
    08-16-2016 01:36 AM
    Cool thread.... I think mods and OP should consider moving it to the general forum. what I EDC changes depending on activity. I manage to carry everything on my utility belt and baggy cargo shorts / pants or lose fitting jeans with capable pockets. No skinny boy jeans for me...

Daily work carry...
    Key-ring:
    Swiss Army knife
    Fenix E0 Dart

Utility belt:
    4Sevens Quark 1AA-T
    Letherman Wav

On my Wrist:
    Moto 360 2.0, 46mm

In my pockets
    LGV10-Otterbox defender
    Extra batteries in my wallet in a plastic bag
    http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...pszbaugpmt.jpg

Compacts down nicely:
    http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...psxlxmku3f.jpg

Weekend carry:
    Knife replaces Leatherman / flashlight on belt.
    http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8okxskrv.jpg

Boy scout camping weekend. I am a parent volunteer for my sons troop.
    Leatherman Blast is my best multi tool. It has a plastic liner so its very light weight, it also has a nice wood saw which works great for cutting notches and sparking a ferro rod.
    Large fixed blade knife for wood processing. I don't carry a small pocket knife, the leatherman is good enough for that.
    http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...psnmxje4fu.jpg
    Do you happen to be from Texas? i only see that here in TX.
    08-16-2016 01:45 AM
    Usually just stuff it in my pockets, but if I carry a lot of crap I'll usually put everything in my camera slingbag
    08-16-2016 06:24 AM
    I usually carry everything in my pockets..

Phone front right pocket
    garbage iphone 5 work phone left front pocket (when on call) with my keys and gum. (dgaf if work phone gets scratched up)
    back right pocket is my wallet.

however, after reading this thread i think i want to go to the messenger bag route. i live in albany ny. but the reason i feel like i can get away with a murse is because i have a 14 month old and basically no one bats an eye when they see a dad with a bag.
    PlaybookFanatic likes this.
    08-16-2016 08:26 AM
172 ... 23456 ...