For the guys - how do you carry your gear?

rahool360

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
nowadays smartphone cameras got so much better that i keep cameras at house, usually smartphone covers everything I need so no extra baggage just carry my stuff in my pants

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Although I could carry my 17 round M & P 9mm here in PA (or 13rd Glock 23 .40 or 13rd Springfield XDM .45for that matter) I Still carry my Shield 9mm with the 8rd and the spare 7rd in my pocket. The others are just too big and clunky for every day concealed carry for my taste. I tried my best to get used to my Glock 23 but it was just too much to wear comfortably. If open carry wasn't socially unacceptable it'd be the Glock though. :)
Yea I carry the world too. Nice and compact.

pjbelsch

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Yea it sucks. We travel to NY to visit family. Always have to leave the gun home. Super strict in NY. Kinda blows

on the positives. not many shootings just planes crashing into buildings. but where i live about 3 hours north of the city my parents own a house a hour north of that so about 4 hours from NYC i swear everyone is a texas migrant living in NY even the troopers dont care if you have a gun out because the town is so small and community based.

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I like cargo shorts and I even tried a scottevest jacket and I don't like wearing my stuff.

Just isn't comfortable. I also don't like sitting on my wallet for the same reason.

And if it makes me a "woman" to carry a bag, cool. I'm confident in who I am. Plus I'm a big guy. No one has ever said a peep to me about it.

If you like it, wear it.

Also could the ladies of AC chime in? I'm curious to see if you instantly think your man is feminine because of a bag?

Posted via the Android Central App

I see absolutely no problem with a man carrying his equipment in a bag. What looks really silly is bulging overstuffed pockets .

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Although I could carry my 17 round M & P 9mm here in PA (or 13rd Glock 23 .40 or 13rd Springfield XDM .45for that matter) I Still carry my Shield 9mm with the 8rd and the spare 7rd in my pocket. The others are just too big and clunky for every day concealed carry for my taste. I tried my best to get used to my Glock 23 but it was just too much to wear comfortably. If open carry wasn't socially unacceptable it'd be the Glock though. :)

I love carrying my G23. I use a Galco KingTuk IWB and it is very comfortable for me. However, I wouldn't mind a shield or other Single Stack to see how that goes. Someday....

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I love carrying my G23. I use a Galco KingTuk IWB and it is very comfortable for me. However, I wouldn't mind a shield or other Single Stack to see how that goes. Someday....
I have a Crossbreed IWB and tried my best to cc that Glock 23 but it was just too uncomfortable - it's got a Streamlight and Crimson Trace laser on it now and is the bedside HD gun. ;). The Shield is nice - I have a PJ Holsters IWB for that - great holsters btw! If Glock had made the G43 back then I'd have probably opted for it over the Shield. But for now my next one will be a Springfield XDs bi-tone .45. My buddy got one and it's shocking how controllable and easy to shoot it is considering it's a .45.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Crossbreed IWB and tried my best to cc that Glock 23 but it was just too uncomfortable - it's got a Streamlight and Crimson Trace laser on it now and is the bedside HD gun. ;). The Shield is nice - I have a PJ Holsters IWB for that - great holsters btw! If Glock had made the G43 back then I'd have probably opted for it over the Shield. But for now my next one will be a Springfield XDs bi-tone .45. My buddy got one and it's shocking how controllable and easy to shoot it is considering it's a .45.

My wife wants the Glock 43. I'm not sure I want to pay that much money for it, but if that's what she wants, that's fine. I would love one myself, but I really like the XDs and the Shield.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My wife wants the Glock 43. I'm not sure I want to pay that much money for it, but if that's what she wants, that's fine. I would love one myself, but I really like the XDs and the Shield.

Get her one asap! I wish I could get my wife to carry but she has no interest - even after doing the NRA pistol class. Heck she shot my Sig better than I did at that class. It was embarrassing! :)

My dad has the Shield 9mm and the XDs .45 as well. Having shot both pretty extensively I'm definitely getting a XDs .45 next - I was never a fan of the grip safety on 1911s but it's totally seamless on the Springfiled XD line - can't even notice it on my big XDM .45 - same with the XDs. My spare holster drawer is overflowing these days. ;)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Get her one asap! I wish I could get my wife to carry but she has no interest - even after doing the NRA pistol class. Heck she shot my Sig better than I did at that class. It was embarrassing! :)

My dad has the Shield 9mm and the XDs .45 as well. Having shot both pretty extensively I'm definitely getting a XDs .45 next - I was never a fan of the grip safety on 1911s but it's totally seamless on the Springfiled XD line - can't even notice it on my big XDM .45 - same with the XDs. My spare holster drawer is overflowing these days. ;)

I think I have 4 holsters for my G23. It's just impossible to know in the store if it'll work or not. You have to carry a few times in the real world before you know. I do have an OWB that I use for the range, and then one that I completely have no use for because I bought it before I realized how bad it would be at distributing the weight. It's just a leather holster with one metal clip and it wobbles way too much no matter how tight my belt is.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Off topic, but which Glock is good for a new gun owner? I just got my license. I want to eventually get my conceal carry permit so I want something light that I won't really notice too much that I'm wearing it.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Off topic, but which Glock is good for a new gun owner? I just got my license. I want to eventually get my conceal carry permit so I want something light that I won't really notice too much that I'm wearing it.
Look at the Ruger LC9S
I carry a Ruger LC9S pro which doesn't have the safety.
The LC9S is a striker fire, which has a better trigger pull than the older LC9 which is hammer fired.
P S The LC9s does have a safety but it's internal vs external thumb activated.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Do you happen to be from Texas? i only see that here in TX.

No I am a native californian. Contrary to popular belief knife conceal carry laws in CA are pretty lose / open. The only thing on person that can not be concealed is a fixed blade. If it folds, you can conceal it. If its fixed it needs to be visible.

Balisongs, OTF autos, and traditional autos are flat out illegal to carry, concealed or not. The gray area is assisted opening. While technically LEGAL, it would not take much for an attorney to convince a jury its similar enough to an illegal full auto.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

G43 is a nice size and very conceal friendly - perfect first Glock if your goal is to cc eventually.

If you want more capacity then a G19 or G17 but being a double stack mag they tend to be quite a bit bigger and heavier when fully loaded and are full frame so much more to conceal than the G43.

The G26 is a much smaller frame than the 19 or 17 but is still a double stack mag so more rounds but they are pretty weird grip wise in my opinion. I'd stick with a 9mm as your first though - regardless of the specific model.

The .40 can be pretty snappy to shoot if you're not used to it - I'd avoid that caliber for you first gun.

I'm not a big .380 fan for self defense but the G42 could be an option also if you don't want a 9mm - same size as the G43 but in a smaller caliber.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
My main transportation, race type motorcycle, race type bicycle ,no comfort in either. I carry my Note 4 in a tough armor case, temp glass, and then a pouch case. On motorcycle, it goes in tank bag, or the trunk. On bicycle, goes in backpack, or belly bag. Note 4 has many spills and hits to front and back, thanks to those protection measures, the 2 year old Note 4 is like brand new.

Got the same EXACT protection waiting for my Note 7. .

Note 4 on left, gear Note 7 on right.

720160813_081026.jpg

20160813_081010.jpg

http://www.cehoward.net/bag43.jpg

http://www.cehoward.net/bag433.jpg

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
What all are you carrying? Men carry...

Spectacles(on shirt)
Testicles(front pocket)
Wallet(back pocket)
And watch(now cell phone, side pocket)
Maybe keys too but those are fading away, but those go in the opposite pocket from your phone/watch

This is exactly how I do it.

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I like cargo shorts and I even tried a scottevest jacket and I don't like wearing my stuff.

Just isn't comfortable. I also don't like sitting on my wallet for the same reason.

And if it makes me a "woman" to carry a bag, cool. I'm confident in who I am. Plus I'm a big guy. No one has ever said a peep to me about it.

If you like it, wear it.

Also could the ladies of AC chime in? I'm curious to see if you instantly think your man is feminine because of a bag?

Posted via the Android Central App

I asked the wife for you, her answer was yes. Even if a woman says no, deep down inside she is cringing. I don't care what people do, and I'm simply relaying the answer I got.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

The best first Glock in my opinion is the G19. Shoots 9mm and holds 15 rounds in the magazine. But it's a little larger for some to carry. My Glock is the same size and I love carrying it, but some don't. G43 is much smaller and still shoots 9mm, but only holds I believe 5 or 6 in the magazine.