Now Forbes likes the N7

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Decent article, the Iphone is still that status symbol that people feel they need to have.

I talk to parents who really could care less what kind of phone they have as long as it works, but their kids want iphones because thats what the other kids have.

I'm not knocking Iphone, even though I've played with them enough to know i will never buy one, just saying it would take years of advancement for any other company to undo the iphone cult following.

I hope the note7 does great in sales, i will be getting mine friday, but as awesome as it is, some people are either far enough into the apple ecosystem they don't want to change or just want an "iphone".

My opinion.. yours may vary

Posted via the Android Central App

Nanope

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
As I am waiting for my note 7. I will still say apple makes a more reliable phone. The saying is as old as the smart phone but its still true, iphones just work I have never seen a Android out preform a iPhone in real world use. I do think Android is a year or two away though from changing that.

ogl > cal

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6s plus. My friends note 4 and note 5 couldn't come close to touching it in speed or battery.

The Note 5 is faster than the iPhone 6S Plus when it comes to boot times and loading apps. There is very little the iPhone is better at. The iPhone battery lasts longer, but the iPhone isn't powering a Quad HD display either.

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Apple has one phone to focus on, and just about every other big phone manufacturer has hundreds of different phones being produced. Also it's easier for Apple to focus on synchronicity between iOS and the iPhone. While Samsung, LG, HTC, etc. have to deal with Google's forever changing Android OS with little time to troubleshoot and test any problems without receiving backlash and scrutiny from consumers. FWIW, I've had everything single Galaxy Note that has been released and to my liking, I've found them to out perform or sometimes even match the iPhones of the same matching generation in real world situations. And when I say, "real world situations." I am referring to my real world usage.

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
The note 4 is one of the worse laggy pos things I have ever touched. But I'm sure it worked great for you. Riiiiiight

ogl > cal

Mine never lagged, not once...so there's that. Neither was my phone a POS. It had a bomb battery and was snappy. Sorry that you seem to have an Apple sized chip on your shoulder, but that has nothing to do with my N4 being one of the most amazing phones I've ever owned. And if you're that dead set on hating Notes, then you can always cancel your preorder and get that new iPhone in a few weeks.

Me myself, I'm coolin.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6s plus. My friends note 4 and note 5 couldn't come close to touching it in speed or battery.

Battery wise, the Note 4 not only skunks all iPhones but all phones. My Note 4 has many 48 hour none stop movie showing stints, calling, etc. Z with just several 10 second battery swap outs.
IMO, the Note 4 might be the greatest smartphone made. The removable battery, sd card support are biggees.
I am getting a Note 7, but I am keeping my Note 4 too!

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
iPhone are dependable and have consistent updates. That is a big sell for many people. Howe it syncs with all devices is a big advantage it has over the comp.

Generally it is very snappy and speed wise I don't think any other phone can beat it in that area. iPhone is still a great option for many people and I expect the iPhone 7 to sell the most devices again this year no matter if it looks the same as the 6s

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Decent article, the Iphone is still that status symbol that people feel they need to have.

I talk to parents who really could care less what kind of phone they have as long as it works, but their kids want iphones because thats what the other kids have.

I'm not knocking Iphone, even though I've played with them enough to know i will never buy one, just saying it would take years of advancement for any other company to undo the iphone cult following.

I hope the note7 does great in sales, i will be getting mine friday, but as awesome as it is, some people are either far enough into the apple ecosystem they don't want to change or just want an "iphone".

My opinion.. yours may vary

Posted via the Android Central App

I think Android really missed the boat by not coming out with a comparable iPod. This is the device that gets the kids hooked in and creates Apple user for life.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why people never understand this, but the Android devices' battery would last as long as an iPhone too if all it was running was an app tray. Apple's iOS is nothing but an app tray operating system. Android runs a heck of a lot more than the iPhone could ever dream of running. It's pretty easy to optimize an app tray and have your battery last a long time. I myself have never had lag swiping from one app tray screen to another on my android either.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
As I am waiting for my note 7. I will still say apple makes a more reliable phone. The saying is as old as the smart phone but its still true, iphones just work I have never seen a Android out preform a iPhone in real world use. I do think Android is a year or two away though from changing that.

ogl > cal
In my real world usage, I much preferred the note 5 to the iPhone 6s Plus. Obviously everyone's usage is different.

Iphone pro
[ ] Touch id better than note 5. More accurate and quicker*
[ ] Feels very fast, faster than the note 5 when working properly.
[ ] Tapatalk app is more refined
[ ] New notifications turns on the screen*
[ ] Shows Bluetooth battery life*
[ ] More control over how notifications show*
[ ] Live photos is pretty cool*
[ ] Battery life especially on more demanding apps is excellent on the 6sp, substantially better than the Note 5.
[ ] Battery life in very low signal areas is way better on the 6sp, substantially better than the Note 5.

Iphone con
[ ] Sometimes it takes a while after reading an email for the count tag to be reduced on the home screen*
[ ] Swiftkey keyboard cannot be resized,no number row,some security switches back to stock*
[ ] Gmail cannot be set to auto jump to the older email after deleting current email*
[ ] Widgets on the home screen not as refined as Android*
[ ] Less customizations*
[ ] No folders*
[ ] Stock email app can only be set to 15 minute fetch at the quickest for Gmail
[ ] No button to delete email in the in box in the stock app, must long press the archive button spps
[ ] Kick apps out of memory when running in the background . for example when downloading pictures from amazon photos, it will stop every 60 to 100 pictures or so and I would have to open the app again,youtube uploads stop when app isn't open.
[ ] Can't set default apps*
[ ] App update requires wifi*
[ ] Chrome buggy,crashes frequently*
[ ] No double click to open camera*
[ ] Doesn't register nail as a touch,note 5 does.*
[ ] No 5ghz hotspot*
[ ] Light touches sometimes do not register on the iPhone,same touch will register on the note 5*
[ ] Note 5 seems to do better in very low signal areas*
[ ] Can't show band in the top bar
[ ] Gpm streaming stops occasionally*
[ ] Using Swiftkey,sometimes you can't see what you are typing as the keyboard blocks the screen where you are typing*
[ ] Cannot set the iPhone to switch to vibrate automatically when in a certain area(note 5 can do this with Tasker or similar*
[ ] If you use a lot of apps then the system would start to get laggy and crash prone . you can force close all apps once in a while to help mitigate this,as well as shut off and re start the iPhone.
[ ] Also with a lot of apps in memory, background usage for uploading and downloading is severely limited. For example, Amazon photos or youtube can do some uploading in the background when all apps are cleared from memory or when few apps are in memory. But once you have a lot of apps in memory, the apps need to be in the foreground to do uploading.*
[ ] Both amazon and Google photos has the option to upload only while charging on the note 5,but not on the iPhone.*
[ ] In low signal areas, usually turning on and off airplane mode would kick it back to usable lte on the note 5. On the iPhone, this didn't kick it back to lte

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-5/590861-i-used-6sp-week-back-n5-now.html

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I like both iOS and Android. One way iOS beats the pants off Android imo is consistency. Whether I'm talking about performance or the UI, or anything else the iPhone is consistent and reliable. One of my biggest gripes about Android has to do with UI consistency. Especially when OEM's do their skinning. Then some 3rd party apps seem to use different versions of Google's app guidelines. Apple keeps a close eye on that stuff so for the most part going from one app to another isn't a huge break in behavior. Many people don't care at all, but I sometimes fumble in Android apps because they don't use Google's current design guidelines.

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
honestly I have the iphone 6s, its the only device I've used for almost a year now. I like it a lot and generally nowadays prefer ios to android, even with its limitations. Anyone with a brain has to realize that you can do a lot more on android than ios, which in turn leads to maybe less battery life on the android device, plus screen resolution.

I only get about 4 or 5 hours of usage on my iphone too, so its not great by any means on battery life.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante