Samsung Galaxy Note 7 S Pen In Detail: More Useful Than Ever!

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Well he answered my question about using it with OneNote.

OneNote is amazing and company also uses EverNote which i understand also works with this.

Very much looking forward to this now.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Well he answered my question about using it with OneNote.

OneNote is amazing and company also uses EverNote which i understand also works with this.

Very much looking forward to this now.

I've used it a lot with OneNote on my Note 5. I put action memos in there, have drawn, wrote notes, etc., on OneNote pages.

I hope only Verizon got rid of Write on PDF or we can still do that somehow. It worked great when I missed an email, went to a meeting and was lost without the printed pdf. Found the email on my Note 5, opened the pdf and impressed my manager taking notes on my phone.

Posted via the *Note 5*

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
I plan on watching this video a bit later, but can anyone confirm or deny the ability to snap a picture using the clicky mechanism on the SPen?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I plan on watching this video a bit later, but can anyone confirm or deny the ability to snap a picture using the clicky mechanism on the SPen?

It didn't show that. I hadn't heard about that. Doubt it's true. It does erase though and I like that option a lot.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
On the subject of the S pen for those of us that haven't had Note's in the past:

Does the S pen have a battery that needs to be replaced or recharged?
If its a replaceable battery what type is it?
If its a rechargeable battery does it charge off the phone when its in the phone (similar to how Google's Pixel C magnetic keyboard charges off the Pixel C device)?
I'm guess if past models had a removable/replaceable battery the Note 7's may not be since it has the 68 dust and water rating like the phone.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for posting the video. What happened to "Action Memo"? I use that quite a bit. There's no mention if it's integrated within S- Memo. I hope Samsung didn't get rid of Action Memo.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
On the subject of the S pen for those of us that haven't had Note's in the past:

If its a rechargeable battery does it charge off the phone when its in the phone (similar to how Google's Pixel C magnetic keyboard charges off the Pixel C device)?
I'm guess if past models had a removable/replaceable battery the Note 7's may not be since it has the 68 dust and water rating like the phone.

Nope

BearlyFloats

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

No need to charge the SPen. Also, Im far from being an engineer, but I think that there is a polarity between the display and the pen so that when you use the pen it is being "charged" in real time. I think.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

No battery, and the phone maintains ip68 with pen in or out.

There are videos of folks using the s-pen under water that you will find -- and a whole thread here with lectures on the warranty if you are interested.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I've never had a Note so I'm extremely excited to begin using the s-pen! I'm sure it's going to take a little bit to grow accustomed to everything it can do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech