08-17-2016 01:14 PM
143 12345 ...
tools
    Indeed I was as well.

No need for an eraser ....... whether new or improved.
    I knew you guys were. Sarcasm doesn't always translate well in forums, which is a problem since it is my primary mode of communication.
    slackerjack and msm0511 like this.
    08-15-2016 04:00 PM
    You people need to relax and quit believing everything you see on the internet. The S-pen does indeed come with an eraser. In fact, the eraser is new and improved. Ignore all the misinformation that is being spread . . .
    That would be cool idea. Turn the S Pen upside down to erase something instead if having to tap on the eraser button. When you are doing artwork, it gets old fast when you constantly switch between pen and eraser.
    08-15-2016 04:06 PM
    That would be cool idea. Turn the S Pen upside down to erase something instead if having to tap on the eraser button. When you are doing artwork, it gets old fast when you constantly switch between pen and eraser.
    Welcome to digital artistry...my wrist has been calloused for years

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2016 04:36 PM
    The way of the world. I want it and I want it right now (hold breath, stomp feet) what do you mean I can't have it right now? I eagerly awaite new phone announcements, reading reviews and eventually getting a new phone (or that life changing update) I just try to save my spaz moments for the unimportant things in life like spending time with my grandson, enjoying life and all that non phone stuff.
    I have never seen anything like what I am seeing here. People having a full-on melt down because someone got a shipping label notice ahead of them when they ordered "first". Literal Panic Mode - agonizing over the status of their shipment. One guy, whose name I won't mention, truly seemed to be coming unraveled, posting feverishly because he felt his order might be messed up causing a delay. That guy - I really hope he gets his phone very soon. I understand the enthusiasm and excitement. Some is just over the top.

My current phone is becoming difficult to use. The speaker is messed up making it difficult to hear people on the phone. It was also running out of system memory and really starting to act up. I reloaded the software, freeing up some memory, and bought myself some time. I'm getting by with the muffled earpiece. I'll survive until my new phone gets here. :-)
    dsignori and Kalkarni00 like this.
    08-15-2016 04:42 PM
    I have the "baby Note7" with my Galaxy S7 Edge so I haven't felt the sheer panic of others...in fact I haven't felt sheer panic. I'm just hoping for Friday. Would be a slick way to start the weekend!

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    08-15-2016 04:43 PM
    From my experience...Samsung fans flick to forums, Apple fans flick to the mall or retail outlet. The stories and drama they concoct for themselves is about even...

There's always some guy in the Apple line with the conspiracy theory that there's only so many units and then postulates about some Orwellian method of determining winners and losers...

Samsung people focus on weather, union disputes and of course...the dreaded "people who didn't preorder are going to get phones first, now we have to burn down the world..."

Don't forget the guy in the line for the iPhone that tells everyone that he heard it can project a piano out onto the floor and you can then prance on the keys to play chopstix like on BIG with Tom Hanks. And then everyone starts ooh-ing and awe-ing about that.
    08-15-2016 05:27 PM
    Don't forget the guy in the line for the iPhone that tells everyone that he heard it can project a piano out onto the floor and you can then prance on the keys to play chopstix like on BIG with Tom Hanks. And then everyone starts ooh-ing and awe-ing about that.
    And why does that line always smell like patchouli?

08-15-2016 06:20 PM
    Thanks Dad!

Lol, people are just having a good time. No need for lectures.
    This ^^
    jshah500 and Oscar Maradiaga like this.
    08-15-2016 06:24 PM
    All of a sudden everyone (some of which who participated in the other threads) is a saint and gets to look down on those who fret over their $1k purchase.I can see and understand why someone may want something day 1 when they've spent what they spent and preordered it week(s) in advance.

OP, you're a real cool guy...buying a new phone every year and not caring about when you get it. Others only get a new phone once every few years and do care about its shipping status (and other related issues). This thread is as pointless and juvenile as the ones you're complaining about.
    08-15-2016 06:43 PM
    I literally just signed into my account ( I haven't done so in years) just to like this post and give you a standing ovation.

Well said!!
    08-15-2016 06:51 PM
    Samsung releases a new note every year and everyone loses there mind.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-15-2016 06:57 PM
    Samsung releases a new note every year and everyone loses there mind.
    Last year the main theme was more what Samsung removed rather than when people would get it
    jimd1050 and Oscar Maradiaga like this.
    08-15-2016 07:05 PM
    This thread is as pointless and juvenile as the ones you're complaining about.
    No. This thread is on point. Just because you drop $1K on a phone doesn't mean you were entitled to get it yesterday. It just means you're guaranteed to get it when it comes out.
    08-15-2016 07:11 PM
    No. This thread is on point. Just because you drop $1K on a phone doesn't mean you were entitled to get it yesterday. It just means you're guaranteed to get it when it comes out.
    Agreed. Which is why I didn't order at 12:01 am on preorder day. I waited til the last minute because either way I'm going to get the phone.

I can't wait for the Prize Logic post to pop up Friday.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    08-15-2016 07:36 PM
    It doesn't ?????

That's the final straw ...... I ain't getting it then !?!?

But how would you take selfies?

That's the final straw!!!!
    08-15-2016 07:43 PM
    But how would you take selfies?

That's the final straw!!!!
    08-15-2016 08:33 PM
    Maybe you need to stay off forums until after Friday lol. Just saying
    08-15-2016 10:02 PM
    08-15-2016 10:09 PM
    yessssssss elena!
    08-16-2016 12:33 AM
    Very well said. It makes me laugh how these people feel so entitled to get their phone first just because they pre-ordered and yell at customer service representatives when they tell them they're getting them on release day. I pre-ordered the phone and I know I'm gonna get it, no big deal if it's on the day of release, day before, or day after. As long as I get it and don't have to go through the hassle of going to an actual store to get the phone. People need to understand the meaning of pre-ordering. Pre-ordering doesn't guarantee that you'll be getting it before release day. There may be a chance that it could come before, but it's not GUARANTEED.

08-16-2016 07:50 AM
    I probably won't even go look at the Note 7 until next month.
    08-16-2016 08:26 AM
    All,

I upgrade once a year, I watch forums and news articles just like everyone else leading up to the release and arrival of my phone and I've learned myself and through the behavior of others, a couple of things:

1). No one you speak to at the end of an 800# or store can tell you when your phone is going to ship. No, they can't make it go faster, and no...just because your mother's brothers best friend's baby mama's godfather's goat Herder works for the carrier...doesn't mean they have advanced information either.

2). No one on the end of that 800# is trying to give you disinformation, they're not stupid and no...they're not well informed...now you know, being mad at it is your fault.

3). Yes, your excited about getting your phone...no...just like checking the "update now" button on your phone doesn't get you an OTA any faster...refreshing your order status, calling the carrier...or checking your text messages over an over won't make it show up faster.

4). No, the same thing and relative experience you had with ordering from X, shold not be your barometer/expectation setter for this device.

5). Getting your phone prior to release day is a treat...but your whole life doesn't hinge on it...you won't be the first one to post a video of a useless unboxing or first one to boot up your phone...and even if you did...nobody but you likely cares.

6). No...early review units and demos sent out to reviewers are not the same batch of phones with sometimes even the same/final software as what's being delivered to your home. Yes, one reviewer might have had 29 less seconds of on screen time that you expect...try not to open a wrist over it. It's not like they're using the phones the same way as you anyway...who the hell uses the air bnb app enough to have it installed and using location services.

7). Yes, different panels get used in different variants of the phones. No, you can't predict or control it...don't try to, prior to it showing up, and remember there's a 14-day return policy unless you were stupid enough to buy a new unreleased phone in swappable or Craigslist.

8). No, user with one post, of a highly derisive and inflammatory post about the quality or business practices of the manufacturer, strength of the competition, etc ad nauseam....Nobody cares that Samsung's dingo ate your baby. We're not going in for the love or hate fest becuse you're a crusader for whatever "leave Brittney alone" cause you're championing

9). Yes, Verizon brands phones, AT&T uses a stupid funky box and Sprint is out Jar Jar Binxing all iver itself...these things will never change...continuing to complain about them is really your fault...accept...or move on.

10). No, no one knows the exact date when your unreleased phone will get the new unreleased version of the unreleased major software release. Buying a phone based on what happens and month or more from now is kind of silly. If the phone doesn't do what you need it to do today...don't buy it...wait and see what happens.

Okay, that's enough for now...let's all Woosa. This phone like many before it and many to come will release...some people will live it, some will hate it...some people eat things like Mac and Cheetos....let's lower out overall anxiety level and blood pressure for a product release where we can all basically anticipate exactly what's going to happen!

Z

Absolutely the best thing I've read on this forum.

slackerjack likes this.
    08-16-2016 08:32 AM
    Very well said. It makes me laugh how these people feel so entitled to get their phone first just because they pre-ordered and yell at customer service representatives when they tell them they're getting them on release day. I pre-ordered the phone and I know I'm gonna get it, no big deal if it's on the day of release, day before, or day after. As long as I get it and don't have to go through the hassle of going to an actual store to get the phone. People need to understand the meaning of pre-ordering. Pre-ordering doesn't guarantee that you'll be getting it before release day. There may be a chance that it could come before, but it's not GUARANTEED.

Well said. I said the same thing on the T-Mobile thread and got called a troll. The sense of entitlement and the fact that some people are considering canceling their orders so they can go to the store and get the phone 4 hours before UPS drops it off is pathetic.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98 likes this.
    08-16-2016 08:35 AM
    Well said. I said the same thing on the T-Mobile thread and got called a troll. The sense of entitlement and the fact that some people are considering canceling their orders so they can go to the store and get the phone 4 hours before UPS drops it off is pathetic.

So you complain about being called a troll and then turn around and call people pathetic over a choice they decide to make about when they get their $850 phone?

Also, in many places, like mine, UPS doesn't deliver until 6pm or later, so it's not just 4 hours. In fact, just 2 weeks ago, on a Friday, UPS was still delivering in my neighborhood after 8:30pm.
    08-16-2016 08:45 AM
    So you complain about being called a troll and then turn around and call people pathetic over a choice they decide to make about when they get their $850 phone?

Also, in many places, like mine, UPS doesn't deliver until 6pm or later, so it's not just 4 hours. In fact, just 2 weeks ago, on a Friday, UPS was still delivering in my neighborhood after 8:30pm.
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to be insulting...but "so what?"

Why does $800 signify the line between reasonable behavior and lunacy? Why does getting a product on the day it's released at 8pm versus 2pm matter so much. It's a phone...and one you're likely replacing with a phone, that while not up to "snuff" compared to your new one (sic) ...what difference does a couple of hours make. Believe it or not..these companies that subsidize your purchases, they're not at your beckon call, their employees genuinely have better things to do (including talking to people about their bills, correcting charges, helping solve real problems) than to talk to a bunch of phone junkies try and get their phone nanoseconds faster than someone else...

Again, please don't take this personally...but the absurd entitlement people have leaves me scratching my head something fierce. You buy a product from a company...that's the end, you're owed a product...not a preferential experience because you arbitrarily purchased your phone 60 seconds before someone else. You don't get to make UPS or FedEx jump through hoops just because you don't like release dates, you're not a valued member of an organization just becUse you buy something from them...your just a customer.

08-16-2016 08:55 AM
143 12345 ...