Guys and gals...let all just relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
One guy threw a fit because he preordered online from best buy and got the fit2. It wasn't until after he ordered he realized he couldn't get the SD card. It clearly says on best buys site that online orders get the large fit2 and in store orders choose between the small and the SD card. And of course the online order shows you this several times before placing. But he's upset at best buy, cancelling orders because he wasn't paying attention. Now that's not having fun lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've rather enjoyed watching everyone implode. It passes the time that we have to wait. Please don't tell people to stop. I don't know what I'd read for the next few days if it dies down.

That being said, I still think AT&T is moronic for ravaging my device by putting it in their stupid orange boxes. :)

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Is the OP a fed up customer service rep tired of getting phone calls?

OMG! Fuuny! No seriously, are you a Samsung rep? Verizon? Tell us now...please?

I preorded and I just want my phone on time if possible.

But I actually enjoy all the hype surrounding this release.

There's all kinds of people posting up in here. Some are actually very funny! I work a good portion of the day and I enjoy comic relief (along with reliable information on occasion of course)! I believe we have so potential stand comedians on board. Well done!

And I've learned a lot about the inner workings of fedex, verizon and others (I thimk)!

Thank You and carry on (so to speak).

P.S. J/k Where's my phone?I

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Nope..sorry...I work in video games for a living :)

I know the call center work well enough to tell you that all frustrations (well or mis-placed as they are) are being vented at the wrong group of people...people who have 0 control over release dates or shipping practices...

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Dad!

Lol, people are just having a good time. No need for lectures.

I don't think they are having a good time...or if they are...I question the priorities of a person who enjoys pining over the details of a product delivery :p

Mind you, there's a bigger debate here about those who haven't achieved, in life, using products as status symbols and how intrinsically tied their ego/self- worth is tied to that product or company...there'd be some valid psychology to explain why their so "caustic," about it all....

But that's a debate for another time.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
No. People are freaking out and bugging customer service reps because they think they're entitled to get it early because they preordered.

The Note 7 pre-order thread is the first I've seen where people were expecting it so early. TBF I was an AT&T customer until recently. I didn't pay attn to the T-Mo threads. Most pre-order threads I've been a part of had folks wishing to receive early, but not upset if they didn't. This T-Mo Note 7 pre-order has been eye opening for me.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The Note 7 pre-order thread is the first I've seen where people were expecting it so early. TBF I was an AT&T customer until recently. I didn't pay attn to the T-Mo threads. Most pre-order threads I've been a part of had folks wishing to receive early, but not upset if they didn't. This T-Mo Note 7 pre-order has been eye opening for me.

We'll you must have missed the S7 threads lol

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
All,

I upgrade once a year, I watch forums and news articles just like everyone else leading up to the release and arrival of my phone and I've learned myself and through the behavior of others, a couple of things:

1). No one you speak to at the end of an 800# or store can tell you when your phone is going to ship. No, they can't make it go faster, and no...just because your mother's brothers best friend's baby mama's godfather's goat Herder works for the carrier...doesn't mean they have advanced information either.

2). No one on the end of that 800# is trying to give you disinformation, they're not stupid and no...they're not well informed...now you know, being mad at it is your fault.

3). Yes, your excited about getting your phone...no...just like checking the "update now" button on your phone doesn't get you an OTA any faster...refreshing your order status, calling the carrier...or checking your text messages over an over won't make it show up faster.

4). No, the same thing and relative experience you had with ordering from X, shold not be your barometer/expectation setter for this device.

5). Getting your phone prior to release day is a treat...but your whole life doesn't hinge on it...you won't be the first one to post a video of a useless unboxing or first one to boot up your phone...and even if you did...nobody but you likely cares.

6). No...early review units and demos sent out to reviewers are not the same batch of phones with sometimes even the same/final software as what's being delivered to your home. Yes, one reviewer might have had 29 less seconds of on screen time that you expect...try not to open a wrist over it. It's not like they're using the phones the same way as you anyway...who the hell uses the air bnb app enough to have it installed and using location services.

7). Yes, different panels get used in different variants of the phones. No, you can't predict or control it...don't try to, prior to it showing up, and remember there's a 14-day return policy unless you were stupid enough to buy a new unreleased phone in swappable or Craigslist.

8). No, user with one post, of a highly derisive and inflammatory post about the quality or business practices of the manufacturer, strength of the competition, etc ad nauseam....Nobody cares that Samsung's dingo ate your baby. We're not going in for the love or hate fest becuse you're a crusader for whatever "leave Brittney alone" cause you're championing

9). Yes, Verizon brands phones, AT&T uses a stupid funky box and Sprint is out Jar Jar Binxing all iver itself...these things will never change...continuing to complain about them is really your fault...accept...or move on.

10). No, no one knows the exact date when your unreleased phone will get the new unreleased version of the unreleased major software release. Buying a phone based on what happens and month or more from now is kind of silly. If the phone doesn't do what you need it to do today...don't buy it...wait and see what happens.

Okay, that's enough for now...let's all Woosa. This phone like many before it and many to come will release...some people will live it, some will hate it...some people eat things like Mac and Cheetos....let's lower out overall anxiety level and blood pressure for a product release where we can all basically anticipate exactly what's going to happen!

Z

Just wait until they do have them! Then the complaining will really begin!! Lol

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The way of the world. I want it and I want it right now (hold breath, stomp feet) what do you mean I can't have it right now? I eagerly awaite new phone announcements, reading reviews and eventually getting a new phone (or that life changing update) I just try to save my spaz moments for the unimportant things in life like spending time with my grandson, enjoying life and all that non phone stuff.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Oh ok. It's like this a lot for new Samsung flagships, nexus devices and I phones over or imore.

I'm def used to the iPhone craziness. I've been a part of that several years running, but the Samsung threads seem to be even worse.:D

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
From my experience...Samsung fans flick to forums, Apple fans flick to the mall or retail outlet. The stories and drama they concoct for themselves is about even...

There's always some guy in the Apple line with the conspiracy theory that there's only so many units and then postulates about some Orwellian method of determining winners and losers...

Samsung people focus on weather, union disputes and of course...the dreaded "people who didn't preorder are going to get phones first, now we have to burn down the world..."

:)

Thisistip

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
One guy threw a fit because he preordered online from best buy and got the fit2. It wasn't until after he ordered he realized he couldn't get the SD card. It clearly says on best buys site that online orders get the large fit2 and in store orders choose between the small and the SD card. And of course the online order shows you this several times before placing. But he's upset at best buy, cancelling orders because he wasn't paying attention. Now that's not having fun lol.

I saw that thread. I think he ended by saying he just wasn't going to get the phone period. I found it amusing. People don't read.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The way of the world. I want it and I want it right now (hold breath, stomp feet) what do you mean I can't have it right now? I eagerly awaite new phone announcements, reading reviews and eventually getting a new phone (or that life changing update) I just try to save my spaz moments for the unimportant things in life like spending time with my grandson, enjoying life and all that non phone stuff.

Someone said to me on Android Authority that they are entitled to get the phone early just because they preordered. ROFL.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just wait until they do have them! Then the complaining will really begin!! Lol

Dammit! I have read through every post thinking exactly this, hoping I could make it to the end... but you BEAT ME! From the OP on, I was thinking the exact same thing... I guess great minds think alike. Come Friday, let the "New Games" begin! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance