Guys and gals...let all just relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
No. This thread is on point. Just because you drop $1K on a phone doesn't mean you were entitled to get it yesterday. It just means you're guaranteed to get it when it comes out.

Agreed. Which is why I didn't order at 12:01 am on preorder day. I waited til the last minute because either way I'm going to get the phone.

I can't wait for the Prize Logic post to pop up Friday.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
But how would you take selfies?

That's the final straw!!!!
db194ab798931088ee8ff3583a27a2a3.gif

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Very well said. It makes me laugh how these people feel so entitled to get their phone first just because they pre-ordered and yell at customer service representatives when they tell them they're getting them on release day. I pre-ordered the phone and I know I'm gonna get it, no big deal if it's on the day of release, day before, or day after. As long as I get it and don't have to go through the hassle of going to an actual store to get the phone. People need to understand the meaning of pre-ordering. Pre-ordering doesn't guarantee that you'll be getting it before release day. There may be a chance that it could come before, but it's not GUARANTEED.

Posted via the Android Central App

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
All,

I upgrade once a year, I watch forums and news articles just like everyone else leading up to the release and arrival of my phone and I've learned myself and through the behavior of others, a couple of things:

1). No one you speak to at the end of an 800# or store can tell you when your phone is going to ship. No, they can't make it go faster, and no...just because your mother's brothers best friend's baby mama's godfather's goat Herder works for the carrier...doesn't mean they have advanced information either.

2). No one on the end of that 800# is trying to give you disinformation, they're not stupid and no...they're not well informed...now you know, being mad at it is your fault.

3). Yes, your excited about getting your phone...no...just like checking the "update now" button on your phone doesn't get you an OTA any faster...refreshing your order status, calling the carrier...or checking your text messages over an over won't make it show up faster.

4). No, the same thing and relative experience you had with ordering from X, shold not be your barometer/expectation setter for this device.

5). Getting your phone prior to release day is a treat...but your whole life doesn't hinge on it...you won't be the first one to post a video of a useless unboxing or first one to boot up your phone...and even if you did...nobody but you likely cares.

6). No...early review units and demos sent out to reviewers are not the same batch of phones with sometimes even the same/final software as what's being delivered to your home. Yes, one reviewer might have had 29 less seconds of on screen time that you expect...try not to open a wrist over it. It's not like they're using the phones the same way as you anyway...who the hell uses the air bnb app enough to have it installed and using location services.

7). Yes, different panels get used in different variants of the phones. No, you can't predict or control it...don't try to, prior to it showing up, and remember there's a 14-day return policy unless you were stupid enough to buy a new unreleased phone in swappable or Craigslist.

8). No, user with one post, of a highly derisive and inflammatory post about the quality or business practices of the manufacturer, strength of the competition, etc ad nauseam....Nobody cares that Samsung's dingo ate your baby. We're not going in for the love or hate fest becuse you're a crusader for whatever "leave Brittney alone" cause you're championing

9). Yes, Verizon brands phones, AT&T uses a stupid funky box and Sprint is out Jar Jar Binxing all iver itself...these things will never change...continuing to complain about them is really your fault...accept...or move on.

10). No, no one knows the exact date when your unreleased phone will get the new unreleased version of the unreleased major software release. Buying a phone based on what happens and month or more from now is kind of silly. If the phone doesn't do what you need it to do today...don't buy it...wait and see what happens.

Okay, that's enough for now...let's all Woosa. This phone like many before it and many to come will release...some people will live it, some will hate it...some people eat things like Mac and Cheetos....let's lower out overall anxiety level and blood pressure for a product release where we can all basically anticipate exactly what's going to happen!

Z

Absolutely the best thing I've read on this forum.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Very well said. It makes me laugh how these people feel so entitled to get their phone first just because they pre-ordered and yell at customer service representatives when they tell them they're getting them on release day. I pre-ordered the phone and I know I'm gonna get it, no big deal if it's on the day of release, day before, or day after. As long as I get it and don't have to go through the hassle of going to an actual store to get the phone. People need to understand the meaning of pre-ordering. Pre-ordering doesn't guarantee that you'll be getting it before release day. There may be a chance that it could come before, but it's not GUARANTEED.

Well said. I said the same thing on the T-Mobile thread and got called a troll. The sense of entitlement and the fact that some people are considering canceling their orders so they can go to the store and get the phone 4 hours before UPS drops it off is pathetic.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Well said. I said the same thing on the T-Mobile thread and got called a troll. The sense of entitlement and the fact that some people are considering canceling their orders so they can go to the store and get the phone 4 hours before UPS drops it off is pathetic.

So you complain about being called a troll and then turn around and call people pathetic over a choice they decide to make about when they get their $850 phone?

Also, in many places, like mine, UPS doesn't deliver until 6pm or later, so it's not just 4 hours. In fact, just 2 weeks ago, on a Friday, UPS was still delivering in my neighborhood after 8:30pm.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
So you complain about being called a troll and then turn around and call people pathetic over a choice they decide to make about when they get their $850 phone?

Also, in many places, like mine, UPS doesn't deliver until 6pm or later, so it's not just 4 hours. In fact, just 2 weeks ago, on a Friday, UPS was still delivering in my neighborhood after 8:30pm.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be insulting...but "so what?"

Why does $800 signify the line between reasonable behavior and lunacy? Why does getting a product on the day it's released at 8pm versus 2pm matter so much. It's a phone...and one you're likely replacing with a phone, that while not up to "snuff" compared to your new one (sic) ...what difference does a couple of hours make. Believe it or not..these companies that subsidize your purchases, they're not at your beckon call, their employees genuinely have better things to do (including talking to people about their bills, correcting charges, helping solve real problems) than to talk to a bunch of phone junkies try and get their phone nanoseconds faster than someone else...

Again, please don't take this personally...but the absurd entitlement people have leaves me scratching my head something fierce. You buy a product from a company...that's the end, you're owed a product...not a preferential experience because you arbitrarily purchased your phone 60 seconds before someone else. You don't get to make UPS or FedEx jump through hoops just because you don't like release dates, you're not a valued member of an organization just becUse you buy something from them...your just a customer.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Is your life drastically going to change if you don't have your phone at exactly 10AM?? C'mon man, it's a phone. And yes, I don't appreciate being called a troll for expressing my opinion like everyone else, not insulting anyone. That is what a forum is, a place to express opinions. they don't have a choice as to when they get their phones. It was a preorder, not a guarantee for early delivery. This is lunacy. I mean, you have people calling out of work just to be their for their new phone. That is a sickness and not normal behavior.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be insulting...but "so what?"

Why does $800 signify the line between reasonable behavior and lunacy? Why does getting a product on the day it's released at 8pm versus 2pm matter so much. It's a phone...and one you're likely replacing with a phone, that while not up to "snuff" compared to your new one (sic) ...what difference does a couple of hours make. Believe it or not..these companies that subsidize your purchases, they're not at your beckon call, their employees genuinely have better things to do (including talking to people about their bills, correcting charges, helping solve real problems) than to talk to a bunch of phone junkies try and get their phone nanoseconds faster than someone else...

Again, please don't take this personally...but the absurd entitlement people have leaves me scratching my head something fierce. You buy a product from a company...that's the end, you're owed a product...not a preferential experience because you arbitrarily purchased your phone 60 seconds before someone else. You don't get to make UPS or FedEx jump through hoops just because you don't like release dates, you're not a valued member of an organization just becUse you buy something from them...your just a customer.

Well first off, prefacing a post with "I don't mean to" doesn't help matters.

There's no reason for anyone to have a holier than thou attitude towards anyone.

If someone acts out toward you, then there is a report button and the mods will handle it. Simple as that.

If you don't like a thread or post, then don't read it, simple as that. I'm not sure why people get so upset over something someone else posts, or what someone else does, or how someone else acts unless it is directed at them or directly effects them in some way.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Is your life drastically going to change if you don't have your phone at exactly 10AM?? C'mon man, it's a phone. And yes, I don't appreciate being called a troll for expressing my opinion like everyone else, not insulting anyone. That is what a forum is, a place to express opinions. they don't have a choice as to when they get their phones. It was a preorder, not a guarantee for early delivery. This is lunacy. I mean, you have people calling out of work just to be their for their new phone. That is a sickness and not normal behavior.
Actually, you are insulting people by calling this lunacy and a sickness. You don't like being called a troll and rightly so, then why do you keep referencing others in a similar fashion?

If you don't like the posts, skip them and move on. If they are directed at you, there is a report button.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
And to answer the question that seemed to be directed at me... No, my life won't change dramatically based on when I have my phone. I will have mine at 9am the day it is scheduled to be delivered because I've already requested a hold at the UPS customer center. I don't have time to wait around all day for a 4 hour window that the phone may or may not be delivered in. I have no idea if it will be signature required or not so I would rather pick it up on my own terms.

What others choose to do, whether it's calling in to work or whatever, doesn't effect me. Good on them if they have that flexibility. Frankly, that's no different than the thousands of people that take off work around video game launches. If that's how they want to spend vacation time, more power to them. Again, it doesn't effect me one bit.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Well first off, prefacing a post with "I don't mean to" doesn't help matters.

There's no reason for anyone to have a holier than thou attitude towards anyone.

If someone acts out toward you, then there is a report button and the mods will handle it. Simple as that.

If you don't like a thread or post, then don't read it, simple as that. I'm not sure why people get so upset over something someone else posts, or what someone else does, or how someone else acts unless it is directed at them or directly effects them in some way.

Similarly you could have skipped this whole post without commenting....I'm salivating at all the dropping irony here.

Obviously, you and I are two totally different people with vastly different priorities. Have a nice day, good luck getting your phone "on time" with everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.