Guys and gals...let all just relax

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
We can agree to disagree. I've been active in that thread since it started and the majority aren't upset about it being early. There's actually many other things that people could be upset about that T-Mobile has done that have been discussed. And the thread is perfectly fine until someone makes a comment and then retaliation comments are made.

If people just reported comments instead of replying, a thread would almost never get closed.

Reported what comments? Comments like mine asking in that thread why people feel the need to waste their time getting so upset about something they can't control?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Reported what comments? Comments like mine asking in that thread why people feel the need to waste their time getting so upset about something they can't control?

We can end this discussion here. If you want to talk about mod actions send a PM to me or another mod and we will be happy to talk about it. Talking about it in here isn't needed and just de-rails the thread.

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
We can end this discussion here. If you want to talk about mod actions send a PM to me or another mod and we will be happy to talk about it. Talking about it in here isn't needed and just de-rails the thread.

Not a problem. No intentions on getting this out of control. Just stating my opinion.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Are yall seeing the tmobile thread keep getting locked because people are getting of hand. Go read seem of that thread and think about the statement "people are just having fun". Some are breaking down lol

Posted via the Android Central App

I too was called a troll in the TMO thread. They are all frustrated and upset they aren't getting this phone early so they can't keep things under control and attack when they get called out for whining about a phone that didn't get released early. It's actually quite comical.

Sometimes, all it takes is a few people to go completely overboard and bring a whole thread down. What may be 5 out of 40 participants can seem like all if they are very vocal...or in this case, posting a lot.

Some things can still be boiled down to what LeoRex said:

Still, be polite. If people are losing it, don't contribute to the issue.

And to add to it...if you see a post that is bad, please report it.

'They are all' is a gross exaggeration. There are plenty of people in there having a conversation, just like any other thread.

Occasionally people make comments which aren't appropriate. Some people react in an equally inappropriate manner and the thread gets closed.

Again, it comes back to what I said above: it doesn't take many to make a thread unpleasant to participate in.

Overall.....it's not a matter of free speech or not. There was a lot of very bad posts in the thread that were cleaned. Nobody likes being insulted and it shouldn't happen...but it does. To reiterate, it's best to report posts as you see them.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
P e r, spec ti VE!

Sometimes a little bit of "take a breath" can go a long way. And usually, a beer and the Beatles can take you the rest of the way. When a thread gets over 1000 posts in under 24 hours, it's hard for anyone to know what's going on. The report button can be your friend. Sometimes we close threads because there's so much that we need to actually sort through it and figure out what's what. If that doesn't work, we call in VDub2174, who will help people find a little bit of... extra calmness they didn't know they had.

Love your phone; #FearTheV

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Haha... this thread is a winner!

People loosing their minds, and threatening g to cancel because they aren't getting a phone (it IS just a phone btw) EARLY, is akin to a 2 year year old having a temper tantrum cuz they can't have cookies for dinner :D

I get the excitment... and I'm excited too, my note 4 is on its last leg... takes 10-12 hrs to charge from 1-100, frequent random reboots, freezing up often, lots of lag, but man o man... some composure is very much needed in here :D

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
And? Can't wait until 830 to get your phone? That's kinda sad.
Did I say I couldn't wait to get my phone? No, I didn't. I have a hold at will call set, which I do for most expensive deliveries. It's a Friday night and I have better things to do with my family than sit around and wait for UPS.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes, all it takes is a few people to go completely overboard and bring a whole thread down. What may be 5 out of 40 participants can seem like all if they are very vocal...or in this case, posting a lot.

Some things can still be boiled down to what LeoRex said:

And to add to it...if you see a post that is bad, please report it.

Again, it comes back to what I said above: it doesn't take many to make a thread unpleasant to participate in.

Overall.....it's not a matter of free speech or not. There was a lot of very bad posts in the thread that were cleaned. Nobody likes being insulted and it shouldn't happen...but it does. To reiterate, it's best to report posts as you see them.

My point is very early is this thread some responded to the OP with a statements like "people are just having fun" or "it's like christmas". So just resounding again that's everyone isn't "just having fun". Some people are way overboard about a phone.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
My point is very early is this thread some responded to the OP with a statements like "people are just having fun" or "it's like christmas". So just resounding again that's everyone isn't "just having fun". Some people are way overboard about a phone.

You mean like contacting T-Mobile to complain because someone else received their phone before they did? I love new technology like everyone else, but not to the point of clicking the refresh button every half hour to see if my shipping status changed. Someone needs to show me where it says that preordering a device means you'll get it early.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You mean like contacting T-Mobile to complain because someone else received their phone before they did? I love new technology like everyone else, but not to the point of clicking the refresh button every half hour to see if my shipping status changed. Someone needs to show me where it says that preordering a device means you'll get it early.

Yes that even more. Got a tracking number with no delivery date yet so they're carrier and then the shipping carrier. It's a lot going on over there. People are stressed out, changing carriers, canceling orders, call CSRS multiple times, etc... In some ways it's comical. Other ways it's a little sad.

Commodus

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Nope..sorry...I work in video games for a living :)

I know the call center work well enough to tell you that all frustrations (well or mis-placed as they are) are being vented at the wrong group of people...people who have 0 control over release dates or shipping practices...

Oh, that sounds all too familiar. As the customer service rep, you're the punching bag that customers use to vent for decisions from higher up. It's why I always try to be polite when I'm frustrated, and to be systematic about getting better help.

Folks: always remember, it's a phone... unless it's a matter of life or death that you have a new phone on a certain day, or they lose your phone and make you pay for it, you can relax!

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Things do get cleaned up -- depending on how bad they are. Aquila handled it as he should have.

As for people being impatient.. I can understand. That one guy got his phone and ordered well after me. It sucks but I will simply just wait since that is all I can do. I was hopeful for quick orders due to their past track record but at the end of the day they only owe me it by the date they quoted which is the release date.

Still in Vegas?

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
This thread has been quite interesting. Not as bad as the pink thread, but interesting. Hopefully everyone has chilled out though. Regardless of price, a phone is still just that...just an inanimate object. I think our regard of others is worth more. I mean, I love healthy argument, and I'm a snarky jack*** by nature, but dang lol.

All this to say, the forum should be a fun space. Hopefully you all get your phones soon. And I promise if you don't get it by Friday, end of business, lemme know and I'll personally moan & complain for each and every one personally. Promise! 😂😎

bushy73

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
A good reminder. I too have been guilty at times of letting my excitement over new tech become impatience. True, " it is just a phone!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance