09-03-2016 04:52 AM
3,610 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    Yes, one guy sent pictures in the thread but now im not sure if i seen it on here. It mightve been droidlfe. Also bgr put out an article about it as well
    That bgr article is BS. It's stating packages were shipped, not that people are getting them. And they're going based off people getting tracking numbers, which as we all know by now, doesn't mean it's shipped.
    08-17-2016 09:05 AM
    I say we should harass John, @t-mobile and @tmobilehelp on Twitter for this nonsense! It's not that we didn't get our phones early, it's cause they took our money since Friday assuming they were gonna ship then and they're holding our phones. We wouldn't be complaining as much if there was no charge and no shipping label created and no text from them saying it shipped.
    bhatech and 2ndHalfCor like this.
    08-17-2016 09:07 AM
    Every morning ...wake up check tracking..and then see no movement on tracking.

Eventually it has to happen right? Saves hope for tomorrow morning.

Thanks T-Mobile/Samsung or who ever decided to do the release this way !!!
    Hoggles and lv2bsilly like this.
    08-17-2016 09:08 AM
    I say we should harass John, @t-mobile and @tmobilehelp on Twitter for this nonsense! It's not that we didn't get our phones early, it's cause they took our money since Friday assuming they were gonna ship then and they're holding our phones. We wouldn't be complaining as much if there was no charge and no shipping label created and no text from them saying it shipped.
    I tried that already.
    UN1QUEx likes this.
    08-17-2016 09:09 AM
    I tried that already.
    no but I meant everyone at the same time.
    08-17-2016 09:10 AM
    A TMO Representative told me that Samsung is holding the shipment. They have an agreement not to ship before the release date. Some of us will receive it on the 18th and others the 19th.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Release date is 8/19, but some may get theirs on 8/18 and some on 8/19, even though they can't ship before 8/19?
    Unless that T-Mobile representative was the director of US distribution, I wouldn't believe any of it.
    I am not saying we won't get them on 8/18 or 8/19, but imagine if they didn't deliver by 8/19.
    The pre-order sales of the S8 would go down significantly. That said, most people wouldn't expect them before 8/19.
    We have a select group of people on this forum that are not the norm.
    That being said, they would not ship any later than Thursday so as not to deal with any weekend deliveries.
    UPS would never accept all of these packages and then sit on them over the weekend.
    michellebjohn likes this.
    08-17-2016 09:12 AM
    All u will get Ia will ship 18/19th
    08-17-2016 09:12 AM
    Release date is 8/19, but some may get theirs on 8/18 and some on 8/19, even though they can't ship before 8/19?
    Unless that T-Mobile representative was the director of US distribution, I wouldn't believe any of it.
    I am not saying we won't get them on 8/18 or 8/19, but imagine if they didn't deliver by 8/19.
    The pre-order sales of the S8 would go down significantly. That said, most people wouldn't expect them before 8/19.
    We have a select group of people on this forum that are not the norm.
    That being said, they would not ship any later than Thursday so as not to deal with any weekend deliveries.
    UPS would never accept all of these packages and then sit on them over the weekend.
    By 8/19 I'm OK with. After that.....not so much
    08-17-2016 09:13 AM
    I was hoping some magic T-Mo elf would've gotten the ball rolling last night. I'm off tomorrow and Friday so delivery this afternoon/evening would have been optimal for me. Maybe I'll get lucky and see some activity tonight for a Thursday delivery. Come on Ernie, get out of your tree and stop peddling diabetes. Note7>than your crappy cookies.
    08-17-2016 09:14 AM
    So I get that T-Mobile has to sit on pre-orders until release date, and that is fine (I honestly was hoping to get mine early but wasn't expecting it). What I don't get is how and why they are able to charge cards for the phone well before they ship them. I understand that they probably have all the shipping labels printed and the phones are ready to ship but when I signed my agreement to pay for the phone it was stated that my card would not be charged until the phone had "shipped". Clearly this was false as my phone as not shipped. I wonder how much T-Mobile made off of the funds they charged to people's cards over the last week while sitting on the phones that they promised to ship as soon as the card was charged? I am really surprised that no one has started some sort of class action suit against them for violating the contracts that were signed.
    08-17-2016 09:14 AM
    I can't see anyone getting their Note's on the 18th unless packages are already in transit. Even with Overnight shipping it would have to leave the facility today to be somewhere tomorrow. I think we're all getting our on the 19th at the earliest.
    08-17-2016 09:17 AM
    I believe you are correct:
    Attachment 235523
    That's a little bit worrisome. In this chat that you posted, T-Mobile seems to be saying that phones will arrive AFTER the 19th.

networkdood likes this.
    08-17-2016 09:18 AM
    I just thought of something...Samsung has a promotion that I believe runs through 8/28, if I am not mistaken (too lazy to look it up right now). T-Mobile isn't offering up any incentives for pre-ordering, are they? I know they have the extra Netflix option. But, usually, when someone pre-orders something, they get some sort of token gift for giving the money up front.
    I am not a gamer, but when you pre-order a game for a console, don't you pay the full price up front, then you wait a month or more for the game?
    I don't have a problem with them taking my money up front (actually $0.00 for me ), but why not offer up something like a bill credit or a VISA prepaid gift card or something? Something to keep people pre-ordering and not going into the store on release day.
    08-17-2016 09:18 AM
    Are we getting our phones on the 22nd?!
    08-17-2016 09:19 AM
    @Nakrohtap, I think you need to pre-order by 8/28 to be eligible for the promo. The promo itself expires on 9/18.
    08-17-2016 09:20 AM
    I can't see anyone getting their Note's on the 18th unless packages are already in transit. Even with Overnight shipping it would have to leave the facility today to be somewhere tomorrow. I think we're all getting our on the 19th at the earliest.
    I think we are getting them on the 19th as well but since they are staged in Louisville, an origin scan could come as late as 1 or 2am tomorrow morning and still arrive at their destination facility.

Doubtful that will happen but it's always possible.
    panzerghost and networkdood like this.
    08-17-2016 09:21 AM
    im half way anxious to receive my phone.
    amyf27 likes this.
    08-17-2016 09:22 AM
    Jesus I hope none of you buy nexus phone you would be really pissed then

amyf27 and networkdood like this.
    08-17-2016 09:22 AM
    @Nakrohtap, I think you need to pre-order by 8/28 to be eligible for the promo. The promo itself expires on 9/18.
    You need to purchase by 8/28, submit info for redemption by September
    08-17-2016 09:23 AM
    I just thought of something...Samsung has a promotion that I believe runs through 8/28, if I am not mistaken (too lazy to look it up right now). T-Mobile isn't offering up any incentives for pre-ordering, are they? I know they have the extra Netflix option. But, usually, when someone pre-orders something, they get some sort of token gift for giving the money up front.
    I am not a gamer, but when you pre-order a game for a console, don't you pay the full price up front, then you wait a month or more for the game?
    I don't have a problem with them taking my money up front (actually $0.00 for me ), but why not offer up something like a bill credit or a VISA prepaid gift card or something? Something to keep people pre-ordering and not going into the store on release day.
    I currently have 3 games on preorder with Best Buy ( online for store pickup on launch day) and I haven't been charged a dime for any of them. They verify the card at the time you make the order but it's just a hold on the credit and drops off. It never posts. Once I pick up the game, I get charged. That's how it's supposed to work.
    taimoor.hafeez5 and bhatech like this.
    08-17-2016 09:25 AM
    Agreed. False hope.

From what I know T-Mobile has pretty much always sold more Samsung phones than any other carrier if Samsung truly made T-Mobile hold back on sending them out early this may be a stupid mistake on their end because in the long run T-Mobile got a lot of customers pissed off with this pre order and may stop many customers from pre ordering in the future I definitely know for sure that this is my last one also my dad said the same thing what's the point of pre-ordering if this is going to be the case so he's definitely not pre ordering anything else ever again from T-Mobile so not smart to make their top selling carrier holdback devices and make many customers upset many customers that probably will never ever pre order again so if Samsung thinks that they're going to break pre-order records again in the future it's definitely not going to be through T-Mobile
    succulentgarden likes this.
    You need to purchase by 8/28, submit info for redemption by September
    crap i meant to say buy, not pre-order. Thanks.
    anon(782252) likes this.
    Guys... seriously... Do you think t0mobile invested your money over the week from when they charged until it ships and are making billions on it. They're getting everything ready and hopefully will have ALL the preorders out in time to get to everyone by release day. Yeah, I'm bummed too that we didnt get it on Monday but you guys are grasping at straws trying to blame them for something. First it was "We've come to expect early preorder delivery" (wtf?) Now you're pissed you were charged before it ships. Tell me why that matters??

I'm not trying to be an ***** here I'm just saying, get mad if it's actually warranted. I'm sure Samsung just doesn't want some people getting them before the day.

All that being said... If it gets ships out on the 19th instead of delivered on the 19th... Release the hounds!
    08-17-2016 09:26 AM
    Well, purchase by 8/28. You can't pre-order for something already out.
    My point was there was no extra incentive to pre-order besides securing one by release date, supposedly. Anyone who purchases by 8/28 can get the Samsung offer. What about people who order prior to 8/19? Nothing extra.
    08-17-2016 09:27 AM
3,610 ... 6162636465 ...