09-03-2016 04:52 AM
3,610 ... 6465666768 ...
tools
    When is the release date on TMO? Do you know if will there be blue available at the store? Just asking because I would go to buy it there since my shipping date is between 08/23 and 09/06
    I was wondering if whether the same thing. How could kit be back ordered for pre orders a D available in the store for launch date?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-17-2016 10:30 AM
    Are you serious? Active?

T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Ordering /Shipping Information-uploadfromtaptalk1471447889624.png

Yup and it shows the IMEI as well.
    networkdood likes this.
    08-17-2016 10:31 AM
    Again... Their definition of "shipping" and the moment it begins, is with the creation of the shipping label... This constitutes the beginning of the "shipping process"
    08-17-2016 10:32 AM
    Uh, no, it doesn't technically mean it is shipped. it means a label was printed. You know very well that anyone who reads "Your package has been shipped" will think their package is going through the system to get to them, not sitting somewhere with a label for five days.
    And you know very well that large companies like this use terms that they can be general with in contracts so they have outs when someone calls them on it.
    networkdood and Siggystyle like this.
    08-17-2016 10:33 AM
    And you know very well that large companies like this use terms that they can be general with in contracts so they have outs when someone calls them on it.
    And that's wrong that they do it, which is what we're complaining about.
    networkdood likes this.
    08-17-2016 10:35 AM
    This is a topic that shouldn't even go into discussion here, as it's way out of the scope of anything on this forum. But contract law doesn't work like that. Using general terms also leaves room for interpretation in favor of the other party. Contracts are very specific and will have clauses to exclude certain things.
    anon(782252) and Siggystyle like this.
    08-17-2016 10:37 AM
    And that's wrong that they do it, which is what we're complaining about.
    Well I see the complaining being the fact that they marked it as shipped, but it is still sitting with TMO. Nobody has once said they they were wondering what exactly the term "shipped" meant. And no one has yet to quote the policy in here showing that if it elaborates on what "shipped" actually means.

But I get where you are coming from. Fact is, get used to it. Every large company does crap like this.
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-17-2016 10:37 AM
    Correct, that would part of shipping. But marking it as 'shipped' means they have released the phone to UPS. My phone has been marked 'shipped' since 8/14. It's not shipped because UPS doesn't have it.
    Or maybe to them it means they have set it aside in their "completed and ready to be shipped OUT" area/bin/containers etc... Their playing the fringe line of what they can get away with legally/semantically I think... Hahaha it blows, trust me I know, but I don't think they have breached anything, pushed the boundaries probably tho...
    08-17-2016 10:38 AM
    Like stated above. Creating a shipping label could technically mean shipped. Where in the policy does it say it needs to be picked up by UPS or whatever shipping service they are using?

I'm just going to bow out of this, because it's just funny that anyone is thinking of actually taking things this far as to complain about a Visa policy. You are still going to get your phone.
    If we are going that route it will get to the point that labels are being printed, items are not being shipped and rather sat on for days (weeks?), and companies are making a LOT of money by charging credit cards preemptively. At some point you have to decide where the line is drawn....is it one day delay in handing the package over? Two? A week? A month?
    networkdood likes this.
    Like stated above. Creating a shipping label could technically mean shipped. Where in the policy does it say it needs to be picked up by UPS or whatever shipping service they are using?

I'm just going to bow out of this, because it's just funny that anyone is thinking of actually taking things this far as to complain about a Visa policy. You are still going to get your phone.
    Complain about a Visa policy? I thought we were simply having a discussion? Sorry you seem to be taking things the wrong way.

Either way things are meant to be followed a certain way. I am not in the boat of angry about not getting anything early. I am just hoping to get it on the 19th since I would like to do certain things by then. Everyone has their own situation they are in so mine was .. by the 19th. I just was hoping to see some movement by today or hopefully tomorrow. You see movement on yours it is on hold. Mine according to UPS says they're still waiting for T-Mobile. We shall see .
    bhatech likes this.
    I was wondering if whether the same thing. How could kit be back ordered for pre orders a D available in the store for launch date?

All stores have a portion set aside for in store purchase, back order or not..chances of having blue in store though is slim. Think of the last iPhone launch..back ordered for literally weeks but stores did get a handful shipped to them, but not of the rose gold
    This is a topic that shouldn't even go into discussion here, as it's way out of the scope of anything on this forum. But contract law doesn't work like that. Using general terms also leaves room for interpretation in favor of the other party. Contracts are very specific and will have clauses to exclude certain things.
    Is this one specific? Quote where it states what shipped actually means.
    08-17-2016 10:39 AM
    Complain about a Visa policy? I thought we were simply having a discussion? Sorry you seem to be taking things the wrong way.

Either way things are meant to be followed a certain way. I am not in the boat of angry about not getting anything early. I am just hoping to get it on the 19th since I would like to do certain things by then. Everyone has their own situation they are in so mine was .. by the 19th. I just was hoping to get it by the 19th to see some movement by today or hopefully tomorrow. You see movement on yours it is on hold. Mine according to UPS says they're still waiting for T-Mobile. We shall see .
    I'm still worried I won't get mine tomorrow like my shipping info has said for the last 4 days. lol
    08-17-2016 10:39 AM
    Is this one specific? Quote where it states what shipped actually means.
    I'm not going to take the time to review any contracts, lol. Don't believe me if you don't want to, but I'm telling you that their contracts will be very specific.
    08-17-2016 10:44 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1471447889624.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	235551

Yup and it shows the IMEI as well.
    Mine says the same plan start date smh
    08-17-2016 10:44 AM
    So Des, T-Mobile product manager, just said on Twitter... rumor is Note 7s will start showing up soon.

No idea what 'soon' means
    08-17-2016 10:45 AM
    I'm not going to take the time to review any contracts, lol. Don't believe me if you don't want to, but I'm telling you that their contracts will be very specific.
    Agreed.

And I don't know any other companies that I have ever seen do this. Definitely not Amazon, Best Buy, etc.
    08-17-2016 10:47 AM
    So Des, T-Mobile product manager, just said on Twitter... rumor is Note 7s will start showing up soon.

Soon as in 2016.
    08-17-2016 10:49 AM

Here's the tweet.

https://twitter.com/askdes/status/76...754177?lang=en
    08-17-2016 10:49 AM
    Are you serious? Active?

That happened to the iPhone SE's for the other people on my family plan when we recently ordered from T-Mo. The devices were listed as active before we even got them. My sim I received to use until my Note 7 arrived also came activated. I just assumed once everything got processed, charged, and shipped they activated them. Of course, then once we got them I had to go through the arduous process of porting my current AT&T numbers to the new phones. That was much more difficult than it should've been.
    08-17-2016 10:50 AM
    That's normal. JOD?
    Yes JOD.
    08-17-2016 10:50 AM
    Soon as in 2016.
    Haha maybe.

But if someone that high up actually starts commenting that way instead of just ignoring all the comments, it should be a good sign.

Soon could just as easily mean Friday. Who knows.
    08-17-2016 10:52 AM
    I bet when it comes to turning in the trade-in device, their definition of "shipped" will be different.
    08-17-2016 10:52 AM
    I bet when it comes to turning in the trade-in device, their definition of "shipped" will be different.
    So much truth there.
    08-17-2016 10:53 AM
    Hey everyone, not sure how relevant any of this is. But I just called T-Mobile re. some of the issues mentioned here and learned the following:

- Those activation emails are sent out when the account is created on their end; nobody is going to be billed for the unused days
    - Any random phone numbers assigned are temporary (unless you're getting a new number)
    - Shipping labels were created but phones are being held until tomorrow
    - People will receive phones Friday, some lucky ones might get them tomorrow (Thursday)

I didn't ask about the early charges on my card and frankly don't think it matters. I work at another big corporate and know well that if a company does something, 99.9% of the time it's because it's within their right to do that.

So rather than agonize, let's enjoy the community hype train
    08-17-2016 10:54 AM
3,610 ... 6465666768 ...