09-03-2016 04:52 AM
3,610 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    Glad I'm selling my Note 5 and not trying to trade in.
    networkdood likes this.
    08-17-2016 10:54 AM
    It's all about shipping and Logistics people.

Odds are, Samsung sent phones to various hubs such as the one in Louisville Kentucky. UPS is prepping the packages with the shipping labels and in order for them to do that, they have to be paid. So T-Mobile will charge you. If you don't have the funds in your account, you don't get a shipping label on your phone.

On small orders, this is not a big deal but we're looking at a massive shipment and rollout. They cannot process all this and one day.

Those who are complaining about being charged for the phone shipped don't realize that the shipping process has begun and they are supposed to charge you. Look at it this way, if you got charged, most likely your phone is in the first batch that goes out.

They charge you, funds approved, you get a shipping label, it gets adhered to your phone, and gets put into a shipping container. If they didn't do it this way, people would be waiting weeks for them to process each phone individually. This is just simple batch processing
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-17-2016 11:02 AM

Odds are, Samsung sent phones to various hubs such as the one in Louisville Kentucky. UPS is prepping the packages with the shipping labels and in order for them to do that, they have to be paid. So T-Mobile will charge you. If you don't have the funds in your account, you don't get a shipping label on your phone.

On small orders, this is not a big deal but we're looking at a massive shipment and rollout. They cannot process all this and one day.

Those who are complaining about being charged for the phone shipped don't realize that the shipping process has begun and they are supposed to charge you. Look at it this way, if you got charged, most likely your phone is in the first batch that goes out.

They charge you, funds approved, you get a shipping label, it gets adhered to your phone, and gets put into a shipping container. If they didn't do it this way, people would be waiting weeks for them to process each phone individually. This is just simple batch processing
    We understand the logistics. What we don't understand is charging people to print the labels and then purposefully tell them not to send them out to be delivered for five days.
    08-17-2016 11:06 AM
    Everyone settle down before we're given another kindergarden timeout. Ijs
    08-17-2016 11:06 AM
    So Des, T-Mobile product manager, just said on Twitter... rumor is Note 7s will start showing up soon.

No idea what 'soon' means
    LOL. Soon is friday. So much for arriving early LOL.
    08-17-2016 11:10 AM
    We finally have someone from Tmobile saying they are going to ship soon. So just relax sometimes you get them early sometimes the day of.
    networkdood likes this.
    08-17-2016 11:11 AM

How about the fact that other carriers and retailers aren't charging cards yet? They have the phones as well. They are prepping for delivery but they didn't start charging cards 5 days ago. They aren't sending out tracking numbers, sending emails that the order is on the way, marking their customers accounts that the phone is shipped.
    Matt p123 likes this.
    08-17-2016 11:12 AM
    Anyone else not able to see new device? It's just blank! Please note I just pre-ordered this. 3 days ago. So my ship date isn't until the 23rd.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...91d7433ffb.jpg
    That's exactly what I'm showing. I ordered on the 3rd (coral blue), then cancelled and ordered again on the 5th after they removed the deposit requirement for JOD and I've gotten no info. No message saying they're packing, no tracking number, nothing. I've reached out to @tmobilehelp on twitter and I've gotten very generic responses. I'm guessing mine won't be here on the 19th.
    08-17-2016 11:13 AM
    We understand the logistics. What we don't understand is charging people to print the labels and then purposefully tell them not to send them out to be delivered for five days.
    The contract that T-Mobile, shipping carriers , and Samsung have a specified release date. The only way to process that many orders it's a start about a week in advance. Nobody is going to put a shipping label on it $850 phone unless they verify funds are available. So this is why you get charged.

The shipping carriers do not have the man-power to process all the pre-orders in one or two days.
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-17-2016 11:14 AM
    How about the fact that other carriers and retailers aren't charging cards yet? They have the phones as well. They are prepping for delivery but they didn't start charging cards 5 days ago. They aren't sending out tracking numbers, sending emails that the order is on the way, marking their customers accounts that the phone is shipped.
    My coworker pre-ordered on Verizon and he was charged
    08-17-2016 11:15 AM
    We finally have someone from Tmobile saying they are going to ship soon. So just relax sometimes you get them early sometimes the day of.

LOL it's almost friday though.
    08-17-2016 11:15 AM
    The contract that T-Mobile, shipping carriers , and Samsung have a specified release date. The only way to process that many orders it's a start about a week in advance. Nobody is going to put a shipping label on it $850 phone unless they verify funds are available. So this is why you get charged.

The shipping carriers do not have the man-power to process all the pre-orders in one or two days.
    Right, except for all those previous times where T-Mobile was able to process pre-orders in one or two days and shipped them early?
    08-17-2016 11:16 AM

The shipping carriers aren't doing anything other than shipping the pre-orders. The prepping is done by a company that handles this stuff for T-Mobile. UPS isn't involved until they pick up the packages for shipping.
    08-17-2016 11:17 AM
    I better get mine tomorrow cause I go on vacation Friday!
    08-17-2016 11:17 AM
    Why bother to have contracts at all then? Why bother to state that they would charge the card when it shipped? Why not just state that they will charge the card whenever they feel like it?
    Because they are still sticking to their process... Modified for thos unusual pre-order, but still a process, nonetheless
    blackhemi4x4 likes this.
    08-17-2016 11:18 AM
    If it doesn't show tomorrow are you able to wait for it Friday? I go on vacation in a couple weeks couldn't imagine leaving and the phone hadn't shown up yet
    08-17-2016 11:19 AM
    This is not confirmed buy it think they will ship the phone out late tonight for a tomorrow delivery. Reason being is that my wife order her blue coral back on the 6th and was told it was back ordered and hers was just shipped as well. So I think they are all caught up and will stock us and the stores tomorrow. My opinion
    08-17-2016 11:19 AM
    Same man. Fingers crossed for both of us haha.
    that1jesseguy likes this.
    08-17-2016 11:20 AM
    The shipping carriers aren't doing anything other than shipping the pre-orders. The prepping is done by a company that handles this stuff for T-Mobile. UPS isn't involved until they pick up the packages for shipping.
    Yes, and this is why they are going to charge people before processing a device before shipping. It looks like they started this process last weekend, they want to make sure all the pre-orders that have physical stock could be handled before the release date.
    Uh, no, it doesn't technically mean it is shipped. it means a label was printed. You know very well that anyone who reads "Your package has been shipped" will think their package is going through the system to get to them, not sitting somewhere with a label for five days.
    I think in tmo words, "shipped" means that all aspects on assignment of device, packing, labeling, and ready to leave, have been met..
    yomny Martinez likes this.
    I think in tmo words, "shipped" means that all aspects on assignment of device, packing, labeling, and ready to leave, have been met..
    Then they aren't using the word correctly.
    08-17-2016 11:21 AM
    JOD Here ordered n7 Blue upgraded from 6s plus just today 6am it said shipped and got a tracking number frm ups and at ups still ready for UPS so i guess its still not with ups they just created label
    08-17-2016 11:21 AM
    Yes, and this is why they are going to charge people before processing a device before shipping. It looks like they started this process last weekend, they want to make sure all the pre-orders that have physical stock could be handled before the release date.
    They charge people when the label is printed and it's packaged. Nothing more, nothing less, T-Mobile probably has a pretty large account with UPS, and since they aren't actually charging us for shipping your comment is incorrect. T-Mobile will get a bill and it will be paid according to the contract between UPS and T-Mobile.
    08-17-2016 11:24 AM
    They charge people when the label is printed and it's packaged. Nothing more, nothing less, T-Mobile probably has a pretty large account with UPS, and since they aren't actually charging us for shipping your comment is incorrect. T-Mobile will get a bill and it will be paid according to the contract between UPS and T-Mobile.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. They will charge you when they print the label. The reason why they do that is to avoid people with declined accounts. If they put the labels on before charging, people could easily not have funds available and have a phone sent.
    08-17-2016 11:27 AM
    That's exactly what I'm saying. They will charge you when they print the label. The reason why they do that is to avoid people with declined accounts. If they put the labels on before charging, people could easily not have funds available and have a phone sent.
    Technically all they are doing is putting a hold on the money when they print the label. They don't get a dime until it posts to the account being charged, usually when a package is shipped it is right around the time the charge posts to the consumers account. It's different in this case for some reason and that's the problem some people are having with it.
    08-17-2016 11:30 AM
3,610 ... 6566676869 ...