09-03-2016 04:52 AM
3,610 ... 7273747576 ...
tools
    Why don't you reverse the charge on your card if you feel it was erroneous? You're not powerless here.
    I think you know the point they are trying to get across, though you are playing a bit of a devils advocate here.

In reality, it would beneficial for Tmobile to know and understand that this process for preordering has had some errors in it. This would allow them to correct these issues in the future on preorders.

Everyone know that they will eventual receive their phones. It is the simple principal of abiding what was agreed upon when entering credit card information on the order page. In this situation, credit cards would not be charged until the item ships. Some here have had credit cards charged for a few days. So their phones should be shipped and the tracking number would show in transit. Unfortunately it does not. Tmobile needs to know that this is not acceptable when dealing with credit card transactions. This would have been a non-issue if Tmobile would have charged credit cards today or tomorrow for shipment rather than 3 days ago.
    08-17-2016 02:01 PM
    Time to relax Alex. You're bringing nothing new to this convo that's been going on for a week. Nothing. Chill please.
    I have every right to be upset that a contract that I entered into was broken and have every right to express that here. I do love TMO but feel that this was handled in a very poor manner. I don't care when I get it so long as I (eventually!) get it. I do know that if I were to run my business in the manner that TMO did in this case (by breaking contracts) I would be out of business very quickly. Thankfully TMO is big enough that they can get away with it still!
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:02 PM
    From 2 different individuals on XDA:
    Nice. I hope more of our orders do the same .
    08-17-2016 02:03 PM
    I just spoke with a rep and i was told the same thing about the backorder situation. I was also told my device would be shipped tomorrow.
    08-17-2016 02:03 PM
    Nice Brian....looks like it's starting for some. Yay
    I'm almost never referred to by my first name online .
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:04 PM
    Mine just changed to In Transit and On Time with delivery by 3pm tomorrow. I'd post a pic but it won't let me yet.

CHECK YOUR UPS TRACKING, PEOPLE. It's about to go down.
    08-17-2016 02:04 PM
    Oddly enough, I just got the text with my tracking # for the 2nd time. The first time on the 14th and now again. Same tracking # and the message says, "your order has been processed"
    Alabamagirl18 and Siggystyle like this.
    08-17-2016 02:05 PM
    Mine too. Origin scan in Lousiville. Looks like the ball is rolling now.
    atlas9171 and Siggystyle like this.
    08-17-2016 02:05 PM
    Awesome it says in transit on mine too
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:06 PM
    Hopefully everyone else's will change as well throughout the day. ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜Š
    mhettrich and Siggystyle like this.
    The black is just amazing this year. Big kudos to whoever it was at Sammy, that made sure it was all black. Metal sides, ports, antenna lines, camera ring, trim around the home button, earpiece....it's all black this time around. And it's beautiful.

That Blue Coral ain't too shabby either ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Yeah I love the blue also. But man the black seem to me to make the colors really pop on the screen. I watched a video on the black one and man was it sharp .But I still love the blue also.
    Siggystyle likes this.
    I'm unfamiliar with best buys policy...but I know at Gamestop you put $5 down or so on a $60 purchase. I dont know paying 8% of the devices value 3 days before they ship doesn't bother me or do I really see it as an injustice because I've agreed to pay this money for a device I wont receive until 8/19.

Amazon really does have it down though. Great pre-purchasing and return policies.
    Huge difference between $5 down on GameStop and what's going on here.

Sure $69 for my down payment on JOD isn't the end of the world but to go along with that, I also signed a contract for a lease putting me on the hook for a $850 phone. You aren't under contract for a video game. And some people post full price up front, the full $850. When you get charged, you expect the item is headed your way, which has not been the case here.
    About time! 8/18 delivery

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Ordering /Shipping Information-148749.jpg ย 
    lsmith9523, amyf27 and Siggystyle like this.
    08-17-2016 02:07 PM
    Mine too. Origin scan in Lousiville. Looks like the ball is rolling now.
    This is good news. These orders being scanned now should depart on the afternoon outbound flights from Louisville, depending on destination.

FlightAware โœˆ Airport Activity โœˆ Louisville Intl Airport (Louisville, KY) [KSDF]

Louisville Intl Airport (Louisville, KY) KSDF / SDF Flight Tracker โœˆ FlightAware
    Hoggles and Siggystyle like this.
    08-17-2016 02:09 PM
    So at this point I should reverse the charge when it is going to ship in one day (supposedly)? No, TMO has me sort of over a barrel here. I can either leave the charge as is and (hopefully) get my phone by the end of the week. Or I can cancel the charge (via AmEx) and go spend time driving around various TMO stores to find one this weekend? The point is that the contract I signed very clearly stated when the card would be charged. It was not charged at that time and was, in fact, charged before it was supposed to have. No, in the end it is not a big deal but TMO should not create contracts that clearly states the date they are going to charge someone if they are going to go ahead and charge them whenever they want to. What is the point of having a contract if they are just going to charge at will???
    The point of a contract is to usually protect the company as opposed to the consumer. In this case though I think you'll get your phone by the 19th. But if it's really important to you and you believe it's entirely disingenuous cancel your order.
    Fabian Lopez and Siggystyle like this.
    I have every right to be upset that a contract that I entered into was broken and have every right to express that here. I do love TMO but feel that this was handled in a very poor manner. I don't care when I get it so long as I (eventually!) get it. I do know that if I were to run my business in the manner that TMO did in this case (by breaking contracts) I would be out of business very quickly. Thankfully TMO is big enough that they can get away with it still!
    That's great. Now relax.
    Siggystyle likes this.
    T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Ordering /Shipping Information-uploadfromtaptalk1471460996556.png
    Well that's what I got
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:10 PM
    Ugh!... not going to make it... tell family I love them!... let my sister have my note 7 if it ever shows up! ugh!... she needs it she's been an Iphone user for years?! ugh!!
    I was being serious. Please share companies that you know charge full price for an item up front just for a place in line.
    Not just for the spot (but I am sure some may) but for position and service/product etc...
    Huge difference between $5 down on GameStop and what's going on here.

Sure $69 for my down payment on JOD isn't the end of the world but to go along with that, I also signed a contract for a lease putting me on the hook for a $850 phone. You aren't under contract for a video game. And some people post full price up front, the full $850. When you get charged, you expect the item is headed your way, which has not been the case here.
    But it is headed your way as the shipping process has begun? It seems very similar to me. You chose to enter into this agreement.
    Siggystyle likes this.
    The point of a contract is to usually protect the company as opposed to the consumer. In this case though I think you'll get your phone by the 19th. But if it's really important to you and you believe it's entirely disingenuous cancel your order.
    At this point it would be absolutely stupid to cancel my order. You are missing the point.
    Siggystyle likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:11 PM
    I have been watching the ~300 pages of these threads with a lot of amusement, tremendous entertainment here!

I set an alarm and woke up at 2 AM on the morning of the 3rd and ordered the phone. I only did that thinking I would get it earlier than people walking into a store on the 19th. I don't care what's right or what's wrong, but pre-ordering something should come with benefits. I am not seeing those benefits this time around.

And I am pissed that people who ordered after me are getting tracking updates or even phones delivered before me. WTF is that tmobile? First in first out is a simple concept.
    08-17-2016 02:11 PM
    But it is headed your way as the shipping process has begun? It seems very similar to me. You chose to enter into this agreement.
    The agreement I entered into stated the my card would be charged when the item shipped. Card was charged on the 12th. Order hasn't shipped.

Excited to get it but really irritated at the way TMO handled this.
    08-17-2016 02:12 PM
    Anyone with updates from NYC?
    08-17-2016 02:12 PM
    Not just for the spot (but I am sure some may) but for position and service/product etc...
    Service and a product are two vastly different things.
    TomOfTx, alexeisch and Siggystyle like this.
    08-17-2016 02:13 PM
3,610 ... 7273747576 ...