T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Ordering /Shipping Information

savan0111

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, purchase by 8/28. You can't pre-order for something already out.
My point was there was no extra incentive to pre-order besides securing one by release date, supposedly. Anyone who purchases by 8/28 can get the Samsung offer. What about people who order prior to 8/19? Nothing extra.

yeah i meant to say buy, haha.

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I say we should harass John, @t-mobile and @tmobilehelp on Twitter for this nonsense! It's not that we didn't get our phones early, it's cause they took our money since Friday assuming they were gonna ship then and they're holding our phones. We wouldn't be complaining as much if there was no charge and no shipping label created and no text from them saying it shipped.

Obviously this time around was different. I know for sure Tmo didn't do this on purpose. Something stopped the process in its tracks. It's very possible it was a phone call from Sammy, directly to Legre or something similar.

I think the only thing Tmo needs to change for sure, is the blanket email they send, when a label is created. That email just needs to be worded differently. They need to remove the "It's shipped" "It's on the way". I think that Tmo email alone has confused more people on here than anything.

And also UPS should change My UPS, so that it doesn't show an estimated delivery time, before they even have physical possession of the package.

Those two changes would help alleviate the customer service fiasco the next time around.

tw33k2514

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else not able to see new device? It's just blank! Please note I just pre-ordered this. 3 days ago. So my ship date isn't until the 23rd.

7fdd6b923a0d5f31a82d7091d7433ffb.jpg

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Guys... seriously... Do you think t0mobile invested your money over the week from when they charged until it ships and are making billions on it. They're getting everything ready and hopefully will have ALL the preorders out in time to get to everyone by release day. Yeah, I'm bummed too that we didnt get it on Monday but you guys are grasping at straws trying to blame them for something. First it was "We've come to expect early preorder delivery" (wtf?) Now you're pissed you were charged before it ships. Tell me why that matters??

I'm not trying to be an ***** here I'm just saying, get mad if it's actually warranted. I'm sure Samsung just doesn't want some people getting them before the day.

All that being said... If it gets ships out on the 19th instead of delivered on the 19th... Release the hounds!
Merchants aren't supposed to charge the customer until the item is shipping. I've never seen Best Buy or Amazon charge my card, sit on the money for 5 days, then ship. Whether it's preorder, backorder, in stock, they are not supposed to charge until it's shipping.

I ordered a phone case on Amazon on August 9, estimated delivery at time of order was August 18-22. It shipped yesterday. Guess what, they didn't charge my card until yesterday, when it shipped. That's how it's supposed to work.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Guys... seriously... Do you think t0mobile invested your money over the week from when they charged until it ships and are making billions on it. They're getting everything ready and hopefully will have ALL the preorders out in time to get to everyone by release day. Yeah, I'm bummed too that we didnt get it on Monday but you guys are grasping at straws trying to blame them for something. First it was "We've come to expect early preorder delivery" (wtf?) Now you're pissed you were charged before it ships. Tell me why that matters??

I'm not trying to be an ***** here I'm just saying, get mad if it's actually warranted. I'm sure Samsung just doesn't want some people getting them before the day.

All that being said... If it gets ships out on the 19th instead of delivered on the 19th... Release the hounds!

I do believe that they invested the funds. I think it is foolish to think otherwise. They are a business and are not just going to sit on hundreds of thousands of dollars without doing something with it. Additionally, I signed a contract with T-Mobile that stated that my card would not be charged until the phone "shipped". My card was charged on the 12th of August and I was promised overnight shipping when I signed my contract with T-Mobile to buy the phone. Therefore I should have received my phone on the 13th or the 15th at the latest. That did not occur. They broke their own promises that they made within their own contract.
Honestly, I am excited to get my phone but besides that my card should not have been charged until that phone shipped, be it the 18th, the 21st, the 30th or whatever day that phone ships, that is the day that my card should have been charged.

And yes, the interest that I pay on that charge and the interest that T-mobile gets is marginal, but according to their own contract they should not have charged my card , or anyone else's until the phone shipped. Period.

Furthermore, the interest they gain by investing those funds may be marginal on my purchase but take my investment times a few hundred thousand and then see how they are making out......

Epic fail T-Mobile. I will be contacting them for a credit of some sort and will be keeping an eye out for a class action suit to be brought against them.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I do believe that they invested the funds. I think it is foolish to think otherwise. They are a business and are not just going to sit on hundreds of thousands of dollars without doing something with it. Additionally, I signed a contract with T-Mobile that stated that my card would not be charged until the phone "shipped". My card was charged on the 12th of August and I was promised overnight shipping when I signed my contract with T-Mobile to buy the phone. Therefore I should have received my phone on the 13th or the 15th at the latest. That did not occur. They broke their own promises that they made within their own contract.
Honestly, I am excited to get my phone but besides that my card should not have been charged until that phone shipped, be it the 18th, the 21st, the 30th or whatever day that phone ships, that is the day that my card should have been charged.

And yes, the interest that I pay on that charge and the interest that T-mobile gets is marginal, but according to their own contract they should not have charged my card , or anyone else's until the phone shipped. Period.
But hundreds of thousands to a company as big as TMOUS is hardly even "working capital"... Prob wouldn't even cover decent stationary advertisement

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually Verizon did do this. My charge appeared on my card on 8/14. My phone has been sitting in Memphis all week, scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Yep. I think after my phone gets delivered, I may contact Visa and talk to them about T-Mobile violating merchant policies by charging then not shipping for days. I'm sure somewhere in T-Mobile fine print they have something that excludes them from that policy but we'll see.

However, I still think something happened over the weekend that halted their plans to ship. It just doesn't make sense that seemingly nobody else (Verizon, Sprint, ATT, Best Buy) charged any customers over the weekend and then just sat on the phones.

A ton of scan history. But it has not left Memphis for 3 days.

I don't think this would be the same though. Asking for a hold is different than simply not shipping it at all.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed I have an email from yesterday with a payment receipt, saying my card has been charged and the device is shipping overnight. I still doubt we'll see the phones before Friday, but it is strange that they're processing payments beforehand. I've had tracking info since Sunday.

austin1522

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
The phones have shipped from their original destination. Just because they're holding them at the last UPS facility (for the stated launch date) doesn't mean they haven't initially shipped. And aren't you paying for the phone anyways? Hilarious people are getting upset that they're doing what they're suppose to do. And some people apparently don't know how interest works on a credit card.

You will get your phone on Friday and you will be charged the expected amount. Just caaaaalm down

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
The phones have shipped from their original destination. Just because they're holding them at the last UPS facility (for the stated launch date) doesn't mean they haven't initially shipped. And aren't you paying for the phone anyways? Hilarious people are getting upset that they're doing what they're suppose to do. And some people apparently don't know how interest works on a credit card.

You will get your phone on Friday and you will be charged the expected amount. Just caaaaalm down

How do you know they have shipped from their original destination? As soon as UPS scans a package before throwing it in their truck, an "origin scan" is added to the tracking history.

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this would be the same though. Asking for a hold is different than simply not shipping it at all.

Well I disagree. I still didn't get my device next day even though it shipped Sunday. So how is it any different? Bottom line is nobody got their devices days early.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

There was no 'initial ship'. The phones have been staged in Louisville the whole time.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I don't care when I get it, I signed a contract that stated that my card would not be charged until the phone shipped. My card was charged on Friday the 12th and I was (within that same contract) promised overnight shipping. I still don't have my phone. They broke the promises they made in their own contract which they drafted, period. That is no way for a business to be run.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1