T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Ordering /Shipping Information

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Are you serious? Active?

Posted via the Android Central App

That happened to the iPhone SE's for the other people on my family plan when we recently ordered from T-Mo. The devices were listed as active before we even got them. My sim I received to use until my Note 7 arrived also came activated. I just assumed once everything got processed, charged, and shipped they activated them. Of course, then once we got them I had to go through the arduous process of porting my current AT&T numbers to the new phones. That was much more difficult than it should've been.

Fedmahn Kassad

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone, not sure how relevant any of this is. But I just called T-Mobile re. some of the issues mentioned here and learned the following:

- Those activation emails are sent out when the account is created on their end; nobody is going to be billed for the unused days
- Any random phone numbers assigned are temporary (unless you're getting a new number)
- Shipping labels were created but phones are being held until tomorrow
- People will receive phones Friday, some lucky ones might get them tomorrow (Thursday)

I didn't ask about the early charges on my card and frankly don't think it matters. I work at another big corporate and know well that if a company does something, 99.9% of the time it's because it's within their right to do that.

So rather than agonize, let's enjoy the community hype train :)

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
It's all about shipping and Logistics people.

Odds are, Samsung sent phones to various hubs such as the one in Louisville Kentucky. UPS is prepping the packages with the shipping labels and in order for them to do that, they have to be paid. So T-Mobile will charge you. If you don't have the funds in your account, you don't get a shipping label on your phone.

On small orders, this is not a big deal but we're looking at a massive shipment and rollout. They cannot process all this and one day.

Those who are complaining about being charged for the phone shipped don't realize that the shipping process has begun and they are supposed to charge you. Look at it this way, if you got charged, most likely your phone is in the first batch that goes out.

They charge you, funds approved, you get a shipping label, it gets adhered to your phone, and gets put into a shipping container. If they didn't do it this way, people would be waiting weeks for them to process each phone individually. This is just simple batch processing

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

Odds are, Samsung sent phones to various hubs such as the one in Louisville Kentucky. UPS is prepping the packages with the shipping labels and in order for them to do that, they have to be paid. So T-Mobile will charge you. If you don't have the funds in your account, you don't get a shipping label on your phone.

On small orders, this is not a big deal but we're looking at a massive shipment and rollout. They cannot process all this and one day.

Those who are complaining about being charged for the phone shipped don't realize that the shipping process has begun and they are supposed to charge you. Look at it this way, if you got charged, most likely your phone is in the first batch that goes out.

They charge you, funds approved, you get a shipping label, it gets adhered to your phone, and gets put into a shipping container. If they didn't do it this way, people would be waiting weeks for them to process each phone individually. This is just simple batch processing

We understand the logistics. What we don't understand is charging people to print the labels and then purposefully tell them not to send them out to be delivered for five days.

AS7Edge

May 13, 2016
Visit site
We finally have someone from Tmobile saying they are going to ship soon. So just relax sometimes you get them early sometimes the day of.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

How about the fact that other carriers and retailers aren't charging cards yet? They have the phones as well. They are prepping for delivery but they didn't start charging cards 5 days ago. They aren't sending out tracking numbers, sending emails that the order is on the way, marking their customers accounts that the phone is shipped.

J-Lew

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else not able to see new device? It's just blank! Please note I just pre-ordered this. 3 days ago. So my ship date isn't until the 23rd.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160817/7fdd6b923a0d5f31a82d7091d7433ffb.jpg

That's exactly what I'm showing. I ordered on the 3rd (coral blue), then cancelled and ordered again on the 5th after they removed the deposit requirement for JOD and I've gotten no info. No message saying they're packing, no tracking number, nothing. I've reached out to @tmobilehelp on twitter and I've gotten very generic responses. I'm guessing mine won't be here on the 19th.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
We understand the logistics. What we don't understand is charging people to print the labels and then purposefully tell them not to send them out to be delivered for five days.
The contract that T-Mobile, shipping carriers , and Samsung have a specified release date. The only way to process that many orders it's a start about a week in advance. Nobody is going to put a shipping label on it $850 phone unless they verify funds are available. So this is why you get charged.

The shipping carriers do not have the man-power to process all the pre-orders in one or two days.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
How about the fact that other carriers and retailers aren't charging cards yet? They have the phones as well. They are prepping for delivery but they didn't start charging cards 5 days ago. They aren't sending out tracking numbers, sending emails that the order is on the way, marking their customers accounts that the phone is shipped.
My coworker pre-ordered on Verizon and he was charged

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma