T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Ordering /Shipping Information

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
The contract that T-Mobile, shipping carriers , and Samsung have a specified release date. The only way to process that many orders it's a start about a week in advance. Nobody is going to put a shipping label on it $850 phone unless they verify funds are available. So this is why you get charged.

The shipping carriers do not have the man-power to process all the pre-orders in one or two days.

Right, except for all those previous times where T-Mobile was able to process pre-orders in one or two days and shipped them early?

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The contract that T-Mobile, shipping carriers , and Samsung have a specified release date. The only way to process that many orders it's a start about a week in advance. Nobody is going to put a shipping label on it $850 phone unless they verify funds are available. So this is why you get charged.

The shipping carriers do not have the man-power to process all the pre-orders in one or two days.

The shipping carriers aren't doing anything other than shipping the pre-orders. The prepping is done by a company that handles this stuff for T-Mobile. UPS isn't involved until they pick up the packages for shipping.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Why bother to have contracts at all then? Why bother to state that they would charge the card when it shipped? Why not just state that they will charge the card whenever they feel like it?
Because they are still sticking to their process... Modified for thos unusual pre-order, but still a process, nonetheless

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
This is not confirmed buy it think they will ship the phone out late tonight for a tomorrow delivery. Reason being is that my wife order her blue coral back on the 6th and was told it was back ordered and hers was just shipped as well. So I think they are all caught up and will stock us and the stores tomorrow. My opinion

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
The shipping carriers aren't doing anything other than shipping the pre-orders. The prepping is done by a company that handles this stuff for T-Mobile. UPS isn't involved until they pick up the packages for shipping.
Yes, and this is why they are going to charge people before processing a device before shipping. It looks like they started this process last weekend, they want to make sure all the pre-orders that have physical stock could be handled before the release date.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Uh, no, it doesn't technically mean it is shipped. it means a label was printed. You know very well that anyone who reads "Your package has been shipped" will think their package is going through the system to get to them, not sitting somewhere with a label for five days.
I think in tmo words, "shipped" means that all aspects on assignment of device, packing, labeling, and ready to leave, have been met..

samnc

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
JOD Here ordered n7 Blue upgraded from 6s plus just today 6am it said shipped and got a tracking number frm ups and at ups still ready for UPS so i guess its still not with ups they just created label

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes, and this is why they are going to charge people before processing a device before shipping. It looks like they started this process last weekend, they want to make sure all the pre-orders that have physical stock could be handled before the release date.

They charge people when the label is printed and it's packaged. Nothing more, nothing less, T-Mobile probably has a pretty large account with UPS, and since they aren't actually charging us for shipping your comment is incorrect. T-Mobile will get a bill and it will be paid according to the contract between UPS and T-Mobile.

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
They charge people when the label is printed and it's packaged. Nothing more, nothing less, T-Mobile probably has a pretty large account with UPS, and since they aren't actually charging us for shipping your comment is incorrect. T-Mobile will get a bill and it will be paid according to the contract between UPS and T-Mobile.
That's exactly what I'm saying. They will charge you when they print the label. The reason why they do that is to avoid people with declined accounts. If they put the labels on before charging, people could easily not have funds available and have a phone sent.

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm saying. They will charge you when they print the label. The reason why they do that is to avoid people with declined accounts. If they put the labels on before charging, people could easily not have funds available and have a phone sent.

Technically all they are doing is putting a hold on the money when they print the label. They don't get a dime until it posts to the account being charged, usually when a package is shipped it is right around the time the charge posts to the consumers account. It's different in this case for some reason and that's the problem some people are having with it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Jesus I hope none of you buy nexus phone you would be really pissed then

Posted via the Android Central App

No I have purchased every Nexus the moment it's available, late or waiting is not the issue here. Charging, creating label, marked status as shipped, sending customers tracking and then sitting on the phones is a problem. If you dont have the phones or not ready to ship then fix your systems to handle this process properly.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
And that's wrong that they do it, which is what we're complaining about.
It might not be ideal that they processed as much as they could as quickly as they could to get things ready, resulting in have you and me the consumer have to wait in limbo with no movement for so long, but they did announce a release date, and terms may be general, but the intent should be clear... They have been saying nothing but their intent since the beginning... This is a massive roll out and if they waited til the last minute to process all the cards, so that once u got the email/text, the payment goes through, courier gets device, iy gets on route to you, and you receive device (for every single person who placed a pre-order in 24hrs) there would be too many errors with payment, and system failires to meet all expectations from manufacturers, service providers, and consers... With the extra time, and placing all if the payments, processing shipping, and having it wait to go out, all of the issues that may arise can be ironed out, to still get folks that pre-order their device on date of launch (and providers, manufacturers their $)... This all comes back aroumd to all of us being used to tmobile sending our devices early, but aparwntly they have been slapped on the hands, and have to do what they are told this time (or who knows what, but it seems like tmobile doesn't want the consequences)... So ultimately they are getting ahead of the game, and sending 8nfo letting you know that your order is complete, and in shipping mode next step is tracking it to your door (which is where the majority are at now) and it sux, bc we are sitting watching a clock that doesn't seem to be ticking and it is maddening, but it 8s what it is... When we can raise up our fists, is when peeps that pre-ordered DO NOT get their device by the promised date... That would be when you have a legitimate arguement for them not providing what they told you...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki