T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Ordering /Shipping Information

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Did you kmiw the release date?? Did tmo tell you that devices would be shipped to be received by 19th (18th if it were SUPER quick and lucky) if so, what made you think it would ship sooner with overnight delivery?? Past experiences?? Agreed, but we all found out the hard way this wasn't going to happen this time... Just have to come to terms that the pre-exisiting processes and terminology that Tmobile uses is not representative of things on THIS pre-order due to Sammies jumping in the game at some point, saying "oh no you don't"... 8f it were up to tmo, we would all be on our new devices right now... You should cut them a breather on this ome, I think... I was mad too, but after all the info is out there, make a rational conclusion and decide what your emotions should be and directed at whom... But hey, you have the right to be upset at anyone for anything, i guess.. Have at it...

Never thought for a moment it would ship any sooner than the release day. However, it was specifically outlined when I handed over my credit card information that my card would not be charged until the phone shipped. My card was charged on the 12th. So I assume that means that the phone shipped on the 12th (or potentially the 13th). Guess what!? It’s the 17th and no shipping information has been updated. The phone has not shipped. Now, I don’t really care when I get it so long as within a reasonable time I receive it. The point I am trying to make is that when I ordered the phone T-Mobile stated that my card would not be charged until the phone shipped. The phone has not shipped and my card was charged. Period.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You're right! Let's get back to the discussion of them charging our cards last week! How dare they! Let's call visa and T-Mobile and let them know we won't stand for this!
Actually, I've already sent a message to my Visa provider and asked for clarification on the merchant agreement and how they would go about enforcing it on behalf of the customer if it was breached.

I may not get any info that helps anything here but it could be good information for the future the majority of anything I buy is online.

I do know that I'm now 3 days into a posted charge and would be well within my rights to dispute the charge since the item hasn't been shipped. And companies hate charge backs.

austin1522

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Actually, I've already sent a message to my Visa provider and asked for clarification on the merchant agreement and how they would go about enforcing it on behalf of the customer if it was breached.

I may not get any info that helps anything here but it could be good information for the future the majority of anything I buy is online.

I do know that I'm now 3 days into a posted charge and would be well within my rights to dispute the charge since the item hasn't been shipped. And companies hate charge backs.

Good work! I'll do the same!!

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I could rattle off many more companies that don't operate how T-Mobile is handling this, and according to what I have read, they have never done this before. SOP is charge the card, then ship. Not charge the card, wait 5 days.
You should know by now that this is unusual to tmo rigjt?? They are used to sending asap, but got held up by Sammie... Would you rather a refund, loose ur position, and a re-charge wben they can ship immediately?? They will do that, if that's what you want?

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I could rattle off many more companies that don't operate how T-Mobile is handling this, and according to what I have read, they have never done this before. SOP is charge the card, then ship. Not charge the card, wait 5 days.
I could also rattle off a few that would require payment to reserve you position in a pre-order... It is FAR from unheard of...

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You should know by now that this is unusual to tmo rigjt?? They are used to sending asap, but got held up by Sammie... Would you rather a refund, loose ur position, and a re-charge wben they can ship immediately?? They will do that, if that's what you want?
Actually they won't do that since they have already made the shipping label.

Mandajean2001

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Although I do find it interesting that everyone is all about calling tmobile, ups and even their credit card companies to complain, but no one I've seen is calling Samsung out...

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I said in a previous post, from what I understand they have a new preorder system on their end, the note 7 was basically a test run before iPhone release next month..does it have bugs? Yes, clearly. That's why they have been saying since 8/2 that the phone will not ship until the 18th. Part of the problem they've had with other preorder is the amount of cards that end up declined when they go to process..seriously huge amounts, that end up doubling the work and man hours to fix. So I would rather have my card charged earlier than risk the funds not being there for some reason and starting all over and getting an even later ship date..
Agreed....at the end of the day if I was charged and NOT getting what I paid for I'd have a problem. Otherwise relax is not that serious.

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone else see the Chat option in the MyTmobile space under contact us? The option is there, but no way to initiate it.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I could also rattle off a few that would require payment to reserve you position in a pre-order... It is FAR from unheard of...

I think the point is that if that is how they were operating with this specific pre-order they should have stated that when they started taking pre-orders. They did not though, they stated the card would be charged when the phone shipped. That didn't happen. So while situations where you pay to get a 'spot' in line is not unusual it is in this instance because that is not what was stated in this specific contract and in this specific instance.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Looks like stuff is moving now! I had the pending card transaction for my debit/credit card on Friday. Sunday that changed to pending withdraw with no date on it, and now this morning shows debit card transaction 8/15 tmobile. So the transaction is totally complete now when I checked this morning it changed. Does that mean they're ready to ship the phones tonight?

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
But we know what T-mobile's pre-order policy is. They laid it out when we all pre-ordered and handed over our credit card information.
I am sure you read all of the explanations up to this point as to why the card was charged and deviced was considered to be "shipped" right?? This is the same point... I am not saying it is ideal, but I am saying that I understand how it happened this time... This time... You have never made a mistake?? C'mmon... It didn't go the way they planned I am sure either... I bet if you want them to make it right, they will... Cancel ur order, out of principle, and then tell them that you want it done precisely per their policy as you understand it... I just bet it won't get ur device here by the pre-order date... Nor would it, had you told them in those words last week... The way that you wish them to operate, no order would have processed as their system is currently configured (for this pre-order)... It all comes down to this time it was diffetent... It's lile having ur parents watch you do something... Are u gonna do it the same as if you were not observed... Nope... Gonna go by the book... Their pre-orders of the past were not by the book... Can't compare the instances... And using this one against their policy is madness, as they weren't set up for Sammie to watch their moves...

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
So you asked them to charge your card a week before they actually shipped?
I asked them to charge it the moment I gave them the numbers... Telling them to wait, well, that is just not a good idea... Banking 101, never process a transaction unless it is ok for it to go throigh immediately

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Looks like stuff is moving now! I had the pending card transaction for my debit/credit card on Friday. Sunday that changed to pending withdraw with no date on it, and now this morning shows debit card transaction 8/15 tmobile. So the transaction is totally complete now when I checked this morning it changed. Does that mean they're ready to ship the phones tonight?
I wouldn't hold my breath. My charge posted on 8/14.

Siggystyle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
The black is just amazing this year. Big kudos to whoever it was at Sammy, that made sure it was all black. Metal sides, ports, antenna lines, camera ring, trim around the home button, earpiece....it's all black this time around. And it's beautiful.

That Blue Coral ain't too shabby either 😉
I lile both also, but the blue slightly more... Be satisfied with either tho...

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I am sure you read all of the explanations up to this point as to why the card was charged and deviced was considered to be "shipped" right?? This is the same point... I am not saying it is ideal, but I am saying that I understand how it happened this time... This time... You have never made a mistake?? C'mmon... It didn't go the way they planned I am sure either... I bet if you want them to make it right, they will... Cancel ur order, out of principle, and then tell them that you want it done precisely per their policy as you understand it... I just bet it won't get ur device here by the pre-order date... Nor would it, had you told them in those words last week... The way that you wish them to operate, no order would have processed as their system is currently configured (for this pre-order)... It all comes down to this time it was diffetent... It's lile having ur parents watch you do something... Are u gonna do it the same as if you were not observed... Nope... Gonna go by the book... Their pre-orders of the past were not by the book... Can't compare the instances... And using this one against their policy is madness, as they weren't set up for Sammie to watch their moves...

The point is that they should abide by their own contract which they created. I love TMO as a company, love the service, love the stores, love the pricing. What I don't love is when a company that I fork over a few thousand dollars a month for service (obviously multiple lines!) cannot keep their promise to me.