T-mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Ordering /Shipping Information

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Right, but Disney let's you know upfront what the cost is before you get there. TMO stated they would charge when they shipped. That didn't happen. I get your point but Disney and Gamestop let you know upfront what is happening. They don't say one thing and then do another.

But I expect my phone to be here on 8/19? Which is what my order says? So if many of us get our phones on 8/19 it seems that T-Mobile held up their side of the agreement.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
But I expect my phone to be here on 8/19? Which is what my order says? So if many of us get our phones on 8/19 it seems that T-Mobile held up their side of the agreement.

No they didn't. They said they would not charge until the phone shipped. They charged my card on the 12th and guess what?! Still don't have a phone in my hands.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I just talked with T-Mo Rep. She advised that the blue Notes are back ordered until 8/23 and that they are not sure if they will even ship that date. She said, I would be better off going to the store and picking one up if I don't mind getting a diffrent color.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I just talked with T-Mo Rep. She advised that the blue Notes are back ordered until 8/23 and that they are not sure if they will even ship that date. She said, I would be better off going to the store and picking one up if I don't mind getting a diffrent color.
ALL blue notes? How is that possible? Or is your ship date 8/23-9/6?

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
But if you agreed to pay them $69 then what is there to really complain about? It kind of seems like people wanting something for nothing.

Where did anyone say that we want something for nithing? Never stated that once. Just asking T Mobile to do what they say they will do. Like Verizon and ATT charge us the day it ships...as per the consumer agreement. Thats is all we are asking. Not to get something for free. I have my.own money.....unlike alot of people...i dont need money from others. Its business and holding companies accountable.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
But if you agreed to pay them $69 then what is there to really complain about? It kind of seems like people wanting something for nothing.
And just so I understand your point...

I currently have 3 games preordered at Best Buy that release in October/November. My expectation should be that I pay them in full right now, a full 2 months before i can get them?

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you reverse the charge on your card if you feel it was erroneous? You're not powerless here.

Because then you wont get the phone at all. T mobile is the company we are with at this particular time and am asking them to back up what they say. I dont know what else to tell you. Its very simple to understand. You dont charge your customers until you start to deliver the product. T Mobiles words....not ours.

Posted via the Android Central App

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Sure. Disney World. If I take my family on vacation the balance is usually due 90 days before our stay with a $200 deposit. Or a preorder at Gamestop.

You want the device and you're going to pay the same sum regardless. You're buying the device and locking yourself into being one of the first to have it. It seems to make sense.

Paying for a service versus a tangible item like a phone are not the same. A reservation at Disney World (or restaurant, hotel, movie theater) is for a piece of time that cannot be replaced if you cancel last minute. If I cancelled my order today, TMO can still sell the phone to someone else.

As a separate comment pertaining to being charged days in advance for an item listed as shipped that wasn't shipped and using the excuse that TMO has to process all these orders, so they must do it days in advance, I say bologna! Amazon ships an average of more than 3.3 MILLION packages a day, yet has no problem with not charging your credit card until a few HOURS before your item is boxed up and actually shipped! TMO said these phones would be shipped OVERNIGHT, so if they marked them as shipped and a customer did not receive them the next business day, which is OVERNIGHT, then any of us have a good right to complain!.

A bit off topic, but very similar. I often buy some phones on the site Swappa. Their policy is every device purchased must be shipped within 2 business days. I had one seller send me the tracking number for a shipment, which was just the USPS Priority Mail label, but did not actually tender it to the post office for nearly 10 days after. I disputed this charge with my Chase card and was refunded the purchase price. Not that I wish to do the same with the Note 7 I ordered, assuming it will arrive this week, but I could dispute this charge as well and win on the basis that TMO stated overnight shipping and did not deliver the item within one business day of it being listed as shipped, which the email sent to me and the UPS tracking information easily prove they did not fulfill their commitment.

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Chill out folks. If you're so incredibly enraged, then dispute the charge with your bank/cc company and cancel the order. It's that simple. Then, write Tmobile a letter. It's that simple.

Or, relax and realize life sometimes throws ya curveballs and wait for your N7 that will arrive either tomorrow or Friday for 95% of us who preordered.

Some of you are new to this thread, that's been going on for over a week. You're just rehashing useless complaints. There's no need. None.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Why don't you reverse the charge on your card if you feel it was erroneous? You're not powerless here.

So at this point I should reverse the charge when it is going to ship in one day (supposedly)? No, TMO has me sort of over a barrel here. I can either leave the charge as is and (hopefully) get my phone by the end of the week. Or I can cancel the charge (via AmEx) and go spend time driving around various TMO stores to find one this weekend? The point is that the contract I signed very clearly stated when the card would be charged. It was not charged at that time and was, in fact, charged before it was supposed to have. No, in the end it is not a big deal but TMO should not create contracts that clearly states the date they are going to charge someone if they are going to go ahead and charge them whenever they want to. What is the point of having a contract if they are just going to charge at will???

besweeet

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
From 2 different individuals on XDA:
wFiwWWX.png

UVUlTKR.jpg

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So at this point I should reverse the charge when it is going to ship in one day (supposedly)? No, TMO has me sort of over a barrel here. I can either leave the charge as is and (hopefully) get my phone by the end of the week. Or I can cancel the charge (via AmEx) and go spend time driving around various TMO stores to find one this weekend? The point is that the contract I signed very clearly stated when the card would be charged. It was not charged at that time and was, in fact, charged before it was supposed to have. No, in the end it is not a big deal but TMO should not create contracts that clearly states the date they are going to charge someone if they are going to go ahead and charge them whenever they want to. What is the point of having a contract if they are just going to charge at will???

Time to relax Alex. You're bringing nothing new to this convo that's been going on for a week. Nothing. Chill please.

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
And just so I understand your point...

I currently have 3 games preordered at Best Buy that release in October/November. My expectation should be that I pay them in full right now, a full 2 months before i can get them?

I'm unfamiliar with best buys policy...but I know at Gamestop you put $5 down or so on a $60 purchase. I dont know paying 8% of the devices value 3 days before they ship doesn't bother me or do I really see it as an injustice because I've agreed to pay this money for a device I wont receive until 8/19.

Amazon really does have it down though. Great pre-purchasing and return policies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance