Hey all you gadget lovers,

I pre ordered in a Sprint store. With the phone shipping before the 19th so it arrives to your home on the 19th, when will Sprint stores release the phone? When the phones ship or when they are supposed to arrive? Any and all speculation welcome.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2016 08:26 PM
    Hey all you gadget lovers,

I pre ordered in a Sprint store. With the phone shipping before the 19th so it arrives to your home on the 19th, when will Sprint stores release the phone? When the phones ship or when they are supposed to arrive? Any and all speculation welcome.

I pre-ordered in store too. I didn't have the option (which was odd) of home or in-store delivery. The rep that took the order just opted for store delivery. Next time, I'll only do online.

I'm assuming if your store rep didn't ask you, then it will be available for pick up on release day. My rep did tell me that the phone would be released before only if and when Samsung gives consent to release.

I doubt we'll get our phones until Friday morning.... and if Sprint has uniformity in the time their stores open, then we won't get our phones no earlier than 10am...... the last carrier customer group to get our phones. Every other carrier store opens at 9am.
    08-15-2016 10:44 PM
    The 19th. No exceptions.
    08-16-2016 12:32 AM
    Playbook, how are you so sure? Any chance of Thursday pick up? It would make a big difference for me. Leaving Thursday afternoon for a long weekend.

Thanks!

08-16-2016 08:03 PM
    I'm thinking that at this point, we will just get them Friday! And even then, it may be an in store waiting game because the reps will be making calls and scheduling appointments for pickups/setups.
    08-16-2016 10:12 PM
    Playbook, how are you so sure? Any chance of Thursday pick up? It would make a big difference for me. Leaving Thursday afternoon for a long weekend.

Thanks!

Because I worked for Sprint until last year, and that was per our policy. Have to hold all preorders until day of launch.
    08-17-2016 03:08 AM
    I'm thinking that at this point, we will just get them Friday! And even then, it may be an in store waiting game because the reps will be making calls and scheduling appointments for pickups/setups.
    Preorder calls are almost never done day of. They're done preemptively...and as soon as they come in because not of them come in at once. You'll be fine to walk in an buy one at Sprint if needed.
    08-17-2016 03:09 AM
    I already pre-ordered.
    08-17-2016 10:24 AM
    Preorder calls are almost never done day of. They're done preemptively...and as soon as they come in because not of them come in at once. You'll be fine to walk in an buy one at Sprint if needed.
    What I was saying is we might have to wait in line behind people that has set up appointments with the reps when they called them. But you said you used to work for Sprint, how farin advance did you all usually make those calls?
    08-17-2016 10:32 AM
    What I was saying is we might have to wait in line behind people that has set up appointments with the reps when they called them. But you said you used to work for Sprint, how farin advance did you all usually make those calls?
    So the way we did it was when the preorders came in, we would have the rep you did it with call you. So that way they would get credit for the line. Because if a different rep activates it, they get the credit. So when yours comes in, they should give you a call. Most likely tomorrow. MAYBE today.
    08-17-2016 12:30 PM
    Just heard from the Sprint store I ordered from in Manhattan that the phones had arrived and I would likely be able to pick mine up tomorrow. I pre ordered the first day. This was one of those reps who sounded almost too honest and was much more forthcoming then the others I had spoken with there.

08-17-2016 01:50 PM
    So the way we did it was when the preorders came in, we would have the rep you did it with call you. So that way they would get credit for the line. Because if a different rep activates it, they get the credit. So when yours comes in, they should give you a call. Most likely tomorrow. MAYBE today.
    Ok, so technically if that person is off when my phone comes in, I would have to wait? If that happened, would it still be held or given away?
    08-17-2016 03:16 PM
    Ok, so technically if that person is off when my phone comes in, I would have to wait? If that happened, would it still be held or given away?
    Technically, unless they had a buddy do it for them. And that phone is yours. It's IMEI is not only attached to your account...it's annoyingly attached to the exact number.
    08-17-2016 09:44 PM
    Technically, unless they had a buddy do it for them. And that phone is yours. It's IMEI is not only attached to your account...it's annoyingly attached to the exact number.
    Probably annoying for the rep, but I'm cool with that! Lol
    08-17-2016 09:46 PM
    Probably annoying for the rep, but I'm cool with that! Lol
    It's super annoying for us. Because it's never just a simple swap. Folks try to get over, thus making the transaction super long. I've seen a transaction last damn near a week because of this. Smh LoL
    08-17-2016 09:48 PM
    There's a lot of chater in the sprint shipping to home thread about people not getting their phones until Monday! When do the stores usually get their shipment? Does anyone know? I would think they would get theirs today or tomorrow right?
    08-18-2016 09:40 AM
    There's a lot of chater in the sprint shipping to home thread about people not getting their phones until Monday! When do the stores usually get their shipment? Does anyone know? I would think they would get theirs today or tomorrow right?
    They have theirs. But their shipment is different than your preorder. Those are unattached IMEIs.
    08-18-2016 10:56 AM
    They have theirs. But their shipment is different than your preorder. Those are unattached IMEIs.
    I had my preorder shipped to the store though.
    08-18-2016 02:11 PM
    I had my preorder shipped to the store though.
    That doesn't matter. The moment you ordered the phone....a IMEI was attached. You do not get your phone out of normal inventory.
    08-18-2016 03:11 PM
    That doesn't matter. The moment you ordered the phone....a IMEI was attached. You do not get your phone out of normal inventory.
    What I'm asking though is about thr pre-ordered phones through the store. Not have they received their stock. That's what I was meaning.
    08-18-2016 03:13 PM
    What I'm asking though is about thr pre-ordered phones through the store. Not have they received their stock. That's what I was meaning.
    Honestly, and you're gonna hate this but...they get there when they do. Usually a lot of them come launch day, but some don't. That is just how it is with shipments. Next time, preorder online and have it sent to your house. Promise it'll be smoother.
    08-18-2016 03:16 PM