08-23-2016 11:42 AM
34 12
tools
    I only read this about the Note 7. I can't speak to any other Android Devices. It's been maybe 8 years since I've had an Android - maybe longer - the HTC ThunderBolt. lol I still have it. I drove that phone a looong time.
    BUT, I'm back now - like I've re-married a former wife.
    HOW TO TURN SAFE MODE ON AND OFF

Peace. Alan
    Thanks for the link.

And I wish you luck with this re-marriage, certainly the "wife" will perform a lot better now...
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-20-2016 01:49 PM
    Someone had mentioned "Package Disabler Pro" and referred to it as a Samsung app, but I don't see it at their app store.
    Anybody? Cause I'm to lazy to Google it, I guess .

EDIT> I have NO idea how the duplicate happened or how to delete it

Thanks. Peace. Alan
    08-21-2016 03:50 PM
    Someone had mentioned "Package Disabler Pro" and referred to it as a Samsung app, but I don't see it at their app store.
    Anybody? Cause I'm to lazy to Google it, I guess .

EDIT> I have NO idea how the duplicate happened or how to delete it

Thanks. Peace. Alan
    Package disabler pro is not a Samsung app. You can download it from the play store
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-21-2016 08:45 PM
    I had the same issues
    but i took it to Samsung cust ser and they did a fresh software install and worked fine then for me
    08-22-2016 10:00 AM
    Package disabler pro is not a Samsung app. You can download it from the play store
    Thank you, Sir. I noted they had 2 versions and 1 was for Samsungs.
    I'm not having any issues with my Note 7 at all, I'm just a "techie" and like to have a collection of tools. Every now and then I like to raise the hood and have a look see, you know what I mean.
    Thanks again.

Peace. Alan
    08-22-2016 06:09 PM
    No i meant it's ridiculous. Samsung should get there act together. I know this lag. It does. Stutters in so many apps. Lags in refreshing the home screen sometimes. But mostly it's inside certain apps. Mostly Google apps. And keyboard while writing long pieces of texts. But i think this keyboard lag exists in every android phone. Don't understand how and why. Its just text. Oh well.
    I haven't noticed any lag since I switched to Arrow Launcher.
    08-22-2016 07:05 PM
    Me too because I don't see this "lag" the Samsung phones supposedly get.
    Me either and I have been using Samsung Notes since the Note 3. I upgrade my Note every year to the newest model and after a year it still ran as fast as it did when I first bought it. I never experienced the slightest bit of lag.
    08-22-2016 09:15 PM
    I must be really lucky. Coming from the very fast and fluid Nokia Lumia line I was worried about the "lagdroid" stuff some mentioned. I've had a gold S7 Edge on T-Mobile since February and it's as fast and smooth as the day I bought it.
    08-22-2016 10:23 PM
    There are some good ideas offered above if you are experiencing "lag".

Overall, my N5 is every bit as snappy as Day 1. Battery life is just about the same, with a tad of expected fall-off from being a year old now.

There are so many variables in the different use cases across the user population to accurately say that "lag" is a constant for Samsung or Android phones. Not for me. Must be b/c of what I do or don't do with my phone compared to some others.

That said, I use Package Disabler Pro tweaked to my own needs, I do not have hundreds of apps installed, I restart my phone every few days (pure OCD) and I wiped system cache maybe once in the past year out of curiosity - wondering if something awesome would happen - but it didn't.

I think (and hope!) that the N7 will be far more capable than my N5, and that with my particular use case, I'll continue to expect a lag-free user experience.
    I tell ya its Clean Livin' and Safe Hex.

Peace. Alan
    08-23-2016 11:42 AM
34 12