08-18-2016 06:46 PM
62 123
tools
    I use 'adblock fast'. As for speed, I believe it's faster than Chrome, although I haven't done any testing. Most importantly it's been reported that battery life is better as well.
    dsignori and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    08-16-2016 03:18 PM
    I've disliked every Android browser I've tried honestly. I've settled on Chrome so far, but I still don't like it. I'm definitely gonna try the stock one to see how I like it. Especially if the ad blocker works well.
    +1

I have have tried just about every one out there, but they all have good and bad features.

I really liked Dolphin, but they seemed to have pulled a lot of the features in the last few years.

I actually liked the stock browser that came with the Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-16-2016 03:19 PM
    can you only scroll with S pen on the stock rather than chrome?
    08-16-2016 03:25 PM
    Ad block plus for Samsung browser is what I use.

I use 'adblock fast'. As for speed, I believe it's faster than Chrome, although I haven't done any testing. Most importantly it's been reported that battery life is better as well.
    Thanks. Gonna give this a shot I think.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-16-2016 03:47 PM
    Is there a Last Pass extension for mobile browsers?
    08-16-2016 03:50 PM
    Now you guys have me thinking of checking it out again. I have always used and loved Chrome. Is the stock browser that much faster? Is it really noticeable? And which ad blocker do you use with it?
    I think it's better due to the adblock add on (Adblock fast). This will help load Web pages faster and etc.. If anything, the stock browser is faster or as fast as chrome. Only time I use chrome now is for backup.

08-16-2016 03:51 PM
    I don't like OEM stock apps, so I'll use Chrome and any other Google services instead of their Samsung counterparts.
    08-16-2016 05:15 PM
    Chrome is an awful browser. I use Firefox.
    08-16-2016 05:18 PM
    Where do you find the plug-in/add-onn feature?? For the life of me I can't find it. By any chance was that feature added with the Marshmallow update? Because I've been postponing the install forever since I knew I'd be getting the N7 & didn't want to have to mess with anything it might break that close to getting a new phone.
    I recommend ad block fast. Download ad block fast from the play store. After that, go into Samsung internet. Click on more>Settings>advanced>block content. Then slide till it says on. Select ad block fast and you are all set. Reboot device and that is all. It is available for Samsung browser 4.0 and newer.
    08-16-2016 05:23 PM
    There are advantages to both. I will probably end up using Chrome the most, but the ad blocker in the Samsung browser is appealing.
    08-16-2016 08:20 PM
    I prefer everything samsung lol i always use their stock browser
    08-16-2016 09:34 PM
    Great topic! I've always wondered which one people prefer.
    08-16-2016 09:36 PM
    Chrome all the way.
    08-16-2016 09:37 PM
    +1

I have have tried just about every one out there, but they all have good and bad features.

I really liked Dolphin, but they seemed to have pulled a lot of the features in the last few years.

I actually liked the stock browser that came with the Note 5.

I used to really like Dolphin with Jetpack, but the past few months it seems to have gotten really janky with me.
    08-16-2016 11:13 PM
    I was a chrome guy, until recently, but I realized that I rarely cross platform sync, so that part of chrome is worthless. This website and forum would fight with me, and it turns out it was the ads that locked up chrome. Stock browser ad blocking has been a joy, and I gotta say, I'm falling in love with fingerprint passwords.
    Hmm, thanks for that reminder. Yet another reason for me to try the Samsung browser.

How does that work though? For example, if I need to login to ... Android Central, we'll say. I need to enter my login and password the first time, I assume. Browsers can be set to remember logins/passwords for sites anyway, so I assume the Samsung browser can (correct me if I am wrong). So how would having fingerprint login help me with Android Central in this instance? I must be missing something...
    08-16-2016 11:31 PM
    I've always used Dolphin as my primary browser on my Note 3 but based on comments here I'll be giving the stock browser a chance on the new phone.
    08-16-2016 11:35 PM
    Dolphin user. Well over 8 yrs. Like Dolphin

08-16-2016 11:49 PM
    I always use Chrome on android devices.
    08-17-2016 12:24 AM
    If I had to choose between Chrome or Samsung stock browser it would be the stock browser since it has the ad blocker plugin and allows me to use fingerprints for passwords. Otherwise I would use Opera Mini since it allows me to block ads, download videos from websites (no YouTube), and allows me to get rid off the status bar at the top (not really a big feature though).
    08-17-2016 06:18 AM
    Nothing offence, but that's just stupid. Sure stock apps can be bad, but not using them just because they are stock is wrong.

I was a chrome guy, until recently, but I realized that I rarely cross platform sync, so that part of chrome is worthless. This website and forum would fight with me, and it turns out it was the ads that locked up chrome. Stock browser ad blocking has been a joy, and I gotta say, I'm falling in love with fingerprint passwords.
    I've used OEM stock apps on several phones in the past. Google's apps tend to be updated more frequently to stay in line with where android is going, sync with each other (and other devices) better, and look nicer (subjective). The only thing that interests me about Samsung's browser is the ad block, but I'm so deeply ingrained in chrome on my other devices, that losing that link is not worth it for ad block.
    08-17-2016 10:10 AM
    Hmm, thanks for that reminder. Yet another reason for me to try the Samsung browser.

How does that work though? For example, if I need to login to ... Android Central, we'll say. I need to enter my login and password the first time, I assume. Browsers can be set to remember logins/passwords for sites anyway, so I assume the Samsung browser can (correct me if I am wrong). So how would having fingerprint login help me with Android Central in this instance? I must be missing something...

Can anyone who uses the Samsung browser explain how fingerprint logins work, based on my question above?
    08-17-2016 01:20 PM
    The stock browser feels way faster on the Note 7
    gogoplata1980 likes this.
    08-17-2016 01:22 PM
    Can anyone who uses the Samsung browser explain how fingerprint logins work, based on my question above?
    It's basically as you said.

You initially log in and then it will ask if you want to sign in with fingerprints.The next time sign-in is needed, apply your thumb, and, voila!
    08-17-2016 01:31 PM
    It's basically as you said.

You initially log in and then it will ask if you want to sign in with fingerprints.The next time sign-in is needed, apply your thumb, and, voila!
    Thanks. The thing is that on most sites on my current browser, once I sign in the first time, it remembers my info, so there is no need to sign in again.

I guess this fingerprint sign-in is helpful only when you don't want to stay signed in to a site, but don't want to type your username/password all the time. I think I am starting to see. OK, this is not quite as useful to me as it might be to some others I believe, but it still sounds like a really nice option to have.
    08-17-2016 01:35 PM
    Thanks. The thing is that on most sites on my current browser, once I sign in the first time, it remembers my info, so there is no need to sign in again.

I guess this fingerprint sign-in is helpful only when you don't want to stay signed in to a site, but don't want to type your username/password all the time. I think I am starting to see. OK, this is not quite as useful to me as it might be to some others I believe, but it still sounds like a really nice option to have.
    I think you're mostly spot-on. I'm having trouble remembering exactly how it worked for me when I initially used it. Overall, you've pretty much nailed it.

Like, most sites that I visit don't ask again because I've told it not to. However, in circumstances like PayPal, I use my fingerprint and it works. Just as you described.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:06 PM
62 123