Stock browser or chrome?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Which one are you likely to be using when you get your note 7?

Always used stock but feel chrome seems more stable and it's easier to sync all my bookmarks from device to device.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Which one are you likely to be using when you get your note 7?

Always used stock but feel chrome seems more stable and it's easier to sync all my bookmarks from device to device.

I'll probably use both. The secure area of the phone can apparently only use the stock browser. Aside from that I'll base it on how the browsers differ in displaying web pages and scrolling.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I've used Firefox (and Firefox beta) on my Note 3, 4 & 5 because you can use add-on adblockers. It's a little buggy, but worth it for me because ads drive me nuts. I'll use Chrome or the stock browser if a particular site isn't working right in FF.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I like the stock browser for general internet surfing, especially with the ad block plug in. I do use chrome for a few tasks still because of the desktop integration.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that the stock browser sometimes does not like to load links opened from apps correctly, but Chrome has never failed in this regard.

I still like the speed of the stock browser though.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the "Free Adblock Browser" because it works well and blocks ads. But otherwise I'll use Chrome.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've disliked every Android browser I've tried honestly. I've settled on Chrome so far, but I still don't like it. I'm definitely gonna try the stock one to see how I like it. Especially if the ad blocker works well.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I used to use Google Chrome on Note 4, but now I use the stock Samsung browser. Ever since they updated the browser and with the addition of adblock, it's better than Chrome.

Posted via the Android Central App

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Been a Chrome addict since it became available.
But, on my N5, I moved to stock b/c of ad-blocking (works great) and its superior speed.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Stock browser for Samsung has improved so much! On the new devices you can add ad block extension to block all adds! Download ad block fast and follow the directions. It makes browsing so much faster. It is supported by Samsung and you just have to enable it in the browser settings after you download ad block fast.

gogoplata1980

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I really like the stock browser but there are few caveats that bring me back to Chrome so often.

1.) Doesn't sync with Google the way Chrome does(obvi).
2.) The browser doesn't(at least on my Note5) support tabs opening in the background. I hate this.
3.) I wish it supported Chrome's tab setup. I hate the overall layout of the buttons.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Stock browser with Chrome as a backup. The stock one because:
1) Faster than Chrome.
2) Less of a pig than Firefox.
3) Built in ad blocking capability.
4) Password to fingerprint integration.

Reasons I keep Chrome as a backup:
1) Ad blocking screws up some sites.
2) Sync across Google account for bookmarking and other things.

Reasons I don't like the stock browser:
1) Tab mechanism sucks compared to Chrome. New pages open in tabs come to the surface automatically and no setting to stop it.
2) Bookmarks vs quick links is confusing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000