Will you pre-order next time if you don't get the Note7 b4 release date?

hpl

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't plan to but that's bc I know I can walk into the store and get one on release date. My only reason for pre-ordering is to hopefully get it earlier even though I know it's not guaranteed. I just expected tmobile to follow past trends of shipping early

Posted via the Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I'll still pre-order.

I expect to get it on release day but if it comes in earlier then that's a bonus.

Getting it in store on release day isn't always guaranteed.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I'll still pre-order.

I expect to get it on release day but if it comes in earlier then that's a bonus.

Getting it in store on release day isn't always guaranteed.

Exactly. I was saying the same thing on another thread and was chastised and called a troll for saying it. People got a sense of entitlement from T-Mobile shipping past devices early. Preorder was never meant to get your device early, it is so you are guaranteed the device the day it's released. As you said, in-store availability is not always guaranteed.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I only pre-order if there is some bling :) The Note 7 has a very good 256GB micro sd coming with it, so if not for that I would wait and get in store too.

No bling, no pre-order.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes because I preordered so I don't have to be hassled with going to a store and I hate how the representatives feel the need to open the box for me when I want to do it on my own. Besides pre-ordering any item does NOT guarantee getting it early. That is not the definition of a preordered. Sure, there's a chance that you can but it's not guaranteed and should not be expected

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I preorder to avoid dealing with the register biscuits at the store. I hate incompetence, so I'll likely preorder online for the rest of my life.

:)

hpl

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes because I preordered so I don't have to be hassled with going to a store and I hate how the representatives feel the need to open the box for me when I want to do it on my own. Besides pre-ordering any item does NOT guarantee getting it early. That is not the definition of a preordered. Sure, there's a chance that you can but it's not guaranteed and should not be expected

Same! Last time I just picked up my phone in store on the release date and they ripped the box open before I even realized what was happening. I'm just going to tell them I want to do it myself next time though

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I like pre-ordering. I don't care about getting it early, if I do it's a bonus but it's certainly not my expectation. I learned a while ago that when my expectations are based on chance, I always end up annoyed. I pre-order for two reasons. 1) to get the color, internal memory size (if applicable) that I want, and 2) to not have to deal with the reps in store.

That's it. So as long as both of those continue to be possible with pre-orders, i'll still pre-order.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Getting it early is nice but not the main reason... I am on Verizon and want to keep the 100gb of unrestricted data for $30 plan... Going to the store could cause problems.

Secondly I can get $200 back in rebate from Comcast /XFINITY doing it online,which won't apply if I went to the store.

Even if I were to get it a few days late, it would be worth it to save $200 and keep my 100gb of unrestricted data for $30.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Will always preorder. Can't say no to saving $20 on the activation fee and getting "bling." But I probably will stick with this guy until the next Note. She's a winner.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

I know right. I can't stand when they bring the phone out and immediately unbox it for me. I like that part! They want to touch my phone all over before I ever get to touch it!

hpl

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Getting it early is nice but not the main reason... I am on Verizon and want to keep the 100gb of unrestricted data for $30 plan... Going to the store could cause problems.

Secondly I can get $200 back in rebate from Comcast /XFINITY doing it online,which won't apply if I went to the store.

Even if I were to get it a few days late, it would be worth it to save $200 and keep my 100gb of unrestricted data for $30.

Sounds like you've got a sweet deal going on!

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Same! Last time I just picked up my phone in store on the release date and they ripped the box open before I even realized what was happening. I'm just going to tell them I want to do it myself next time though

The last time I bought a phone through store was my s5 and he just opened it and did all the setting up when I wanted to do it on my own. I just don't get why they do they - they should at least ask if we prefer to open it or if it's okay that they do. That's the number one reason why now I just order my phones online. Better that way because I'm guaranteed to do everything myself and have the unboxing experience and not have to worry about someone else handling my phone.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I know right. I can't stand when they bring the phone out and immediately unbox it for me. I like that part! They want to touch my phone all over before I ever get to touch it!

I know! They did that when I purchased my s5 in store. I was internally cringing. I just don't get why they don't ask what we would prefer - to open it ourselves or have them do it. That's primarily the reason why, if I were to ever need to buy a phone, it will have to always be online. They just love ruining the experience, it seems lol

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I preorder to avoid dealing with the register biscuits at the store. I hate incompetence, so I'll likely preorder online for the rest of my life.

:)

Hey hey now, not all of us were/are bad at the job. I was top in my district plenty of times because I was component. 😄

I do understand your frustration though. But honestly, I ran into more inept customers than reps.

Who's your carrier?

PlaybookFanatic

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Despite sounding repetitive: preorders are for one thing, and one thing only...to make sure you secure a device. There isn't a guaranteed timeline of WHEN you get it. Yes, some get theirs early...but that shouldn't become a set bar or expectation. That's nothing more than Pleasant luck. So with that said, I will always preorder now. Why?

1. I have a SERO account I don't want effed up.
2. Getting 2 year agreements are easier.
3. No act fee.
4. No in store trip, saving me money to travel.
5. Free stuff.

And while we're on this subject folks, be good to your reps. They have a job to do. Admittedly, some don't do it well, but a lot of customers make the process unnecessarily hard. This is not opinion, but fact.

And If you want to unbox your phone, simply ask. They won't care, but truth is most customers don't care and have you do it because they have no idea what they're doing with their phone. They're totally reliant on the rep. So trust me, you unboxing will make a reps day.

Oh and lastly....when we tell you "inside info", it's usually not true and we just want you out of the way. Not being rude. We just usually aren't keeping the secrets you think we do lol

That, and a simple "thank you" makes us feel good.

Sincerely,

A former (and darn good) rep.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes because the local retail experience is freaking terrible. Always overcrowded and just slow.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I only pre-order if there is some bling :) The Note 7 has a very good 256GB micro sd coming with it, so if not for that I would wait and get in store too.
No bling, no pre-order.
You do know you didn't have to pre-order to get the 256gb or fit2 bonuses, right? If you look at the promotional page, and the dates listed there people can buy the phone after release day and still submit for the free item.

Like PlaybookFanatic said the point of pre-ordering is to guarantee yourself a device as opposed to having to search for a store that has the one you want in stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca